Plans for new statue in Derby to honour Sikh hero

Premi5

7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Libraries are a great idea but I wonder if apnay would take to them? 

I like physical libraries/books, but it might be a good idea to have centralised Sikh e-libraries, which either the Gurdware can provide membership to Sangat at discounted rate or free, or just have an e-library for all UK Sikhs that they can access ? 

I know there are Libraries in some Gurdware , like in Woolwich Calderwood Street, Southall Singh Sabha and Gravesend, but I doubt they are used as much as they should be. 

7 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I like physical libraries/books, but it might be a good idea to have centralised Sikh e-libraries, which either the Gurdware can provide membership to Sangat at discounted rate or free, or just have an e-library for all UK Sikhs that they can access ? 

I know there are Libraries in some Gurdware , like in Woolwich Calderwood Street, Southall Singh Sabha and Gravesend, but I doubt they are used as much as they should be. 

Bro, from my perspective, given initiatives by individuals and orgs like pdl and sikhbookclub, the panth HAS NEVER EVER had it so good with access to books now. It's the habit of reading that's the problem; also most of the older books (in English) seem to be about 'Sikhism, the modren religion' rather than Sikhi. So you end up reading them for years, and if you're lucky, realising they are off, and having to unlearn them.