Happy birthday?

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guru Pyaree Sadh Sangat Jeeo,

Saareaa nu ajj de Gurpurb de lakh lakh vadhaae hovey!!

I was actually just sitting infront of the computer screen and saw a MSN window pop up saying 'Happy Birthday Guru Gobind Singh Ji'. Although it is really good to see Sikh Sangatta celebrate Guru Sahib's Parkash dihaara, but one saddening thing is to see how many, even educated, Sikhs are referring to this purb as 'birthday' of Guru Sahib. First of all, saying today is Guru ji's birthday is a very derogatory statement. How can Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who is ajunee take birth? And it is exactly like saying Guru Ji is still in bandhans of jeevan/birth and maran/death, which is very blasphemous.

It's a request to all sangatta to only refer to such purbs as either Parkash or Avtar Purb/Dihaara..

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Please forgive this moorakh for what he is about to say. pray.gif

But isn't that what we are celebrating? The BIRTH of Guru Gobind Singh into his human form? I agree, Guru sahib himself is immortal, but at that point he came to us, at that point he was "born" into our world.

I personally see not much wrong with calling his parkash a birthday

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

how is guru gobind singh ji immortal when in mool mantr it is said that god is the only one that is immortal-btw this is not my belief its something someone and i had a discussion about last weekend and it happens to apply here so i decided to ask the sangat what their views are

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Exempt Singh, the reason why Guru Sahib is also immortal is because, Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Akal Puruk themselves who came to us, in the form of a human being, to save us from the era of darkness. "Nanak Kal Vich Aiyaa, Rab Fakir Ekho Pehechana" - Nanak came in the era of darkness, and is recognised as a prophet of God as well as God himself...

The Guru's that followed Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji were all of the same jot - therefore what has been said goes for all our Guru Sahibans.

"Gur Parmesar Ekho Jan" - Guru and Parmersar are one.

This is the reason we consider our Guru Sahibans to be immortal - because they are.

Also, Although I see the point of saying birthday - I feel that there are two points, yes, the ajunne can never take birth, however, at the same time, Guru Sahib did take birth in human form, which is why we refer to it as birthday... I don't think any member of the sangat means it in any sort of derogatory way, to the contrary, I feel when one talks about celebrating the birth of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, one means it with the utmost love, respect and honour, for that was the day we as humans were blessed by God, themselves in Human form... ^_^

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Exempt Singh, the reason why Guru Sahib is also immortal is because, Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Akal Puruk themselves who came to us, in the form of a human being, to save us from the era of darkness. "Nanak Kal Vich Aiyaa, Rab Fakir Ekho Pehechana" - Nanak came in the era of darkness, and is recognised as a prophet of God as well as God himself...

The Guru's that followed Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji were all of the same jot - therefore what has been said goes for all our Guru Sahibans.

"Gur Parmesar Ekho Jan" - Guru and Parmersar are one.

This is the reason we consider our Guru Sahibans to be immortal - because they are.

Also, Although I see the point of saying birthday - I feel that there are two points, yes, the ajunne can never take birth, however, at the same time, Guru Sahib did take birth in human form, which is why we refer to it as birthday... I don't think any member of the sangat means it in any sort of derogatory way, to the contrary, I feel when one talks about celebrating the birth of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, one means it with the utmost love, respect and honour, for that was the day we as humans were blessed by God, themselves in Human form... ^_^

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

I agree... it says in GurBani that "Aap Narayan Kala Dhaar Jag Mein Parvaryo" - that Maharaj entered in the physical form through Guru Nanak Dev Jee - and thus it was that same jot, that same light and glow that passed through each and every Guru .. Guru Gobind Singh Jee is eternal and immortal.

Guru Sahib did take birth in human form
Guru is Jot. Jot does not and cannot take birth. IF Guru Sahib took birth then Guru Sahib also died. The day Guru Ji came to this world is referred to as "Pargat Divas". Jot appeared to the world that day but doesn't mean it was never there. Guru has Pargat Divas and so does Khalsa which is why Khalsa is Roop of Guru Gobind Singh. No difference. Also, there is no difference between Guru and Waheguru. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
siqguru myrw sdw sdw nw AwvY n jwie ]

sathigur maeraa sadhaa sadhaa naa aavai n jaae ||

My True Guru, forever and ever, does not come and go.

gur nwnk dyv goivMd rUp ]8]1]

gur naanak dhaev govi(n)dh roop ||8||1||

Guru Nanak Dayv is the Embodiment of the Lord of the Universe. ||8||1||