Why have Punjabi songs become so Arabized?

Guest Punjabi sikh

36 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

They guy I know who has most contact and interactions with these so-called sufi types is author Roop Dhillon. This is what he had to say about them (FTR I don't agree with a lot of what he says - highlights are mine):

"This may explain it. The guys I know are more Sufi orientated which means they are of the same ilk as Santan Hindus and thus more in sync with Baba Nanak's Sikhi but not I guess the Khalsa. So then all I can say is the pro punjabi guys seem to be different. It is an interesting point for me that the pro punjabi ones are mainly hailing from within Pakistan and are also targeted as Indian spies or traitors by those that put Islam before national pride. Also that the ones we are talking about may specifically include those in the west who like Sikhs in the west bought the wounds of 47 with them and lets face it are the guys my generation fought in the clubs and pubs in the 80s and 90s because of the hate between our communities at the time. I think many of them further alienated themselves from Pakistan after 9/11 and its consequences and lacking any linguistic connection with the Punjab joined the international Islamic brotherhood in reaction to George Bush etc and now are more like the Arabs you describe.

As I said take them individually.. anyhow one thing I am in agreement with you all...whenever I ask them about why they don't critize terrorism or all this grooming, there is no response, yet they are vocal about west picking on them. I have noted the ones I know in Pakistan disassociate themselves with these British products."

Yep, your mate has it spot on.

35 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Probably hedging his bets knowing that he needs to stay onside with the burgeoning Islamic-Western establishment if he has any aspirations to make it in the degenerate Anglo system.

Nah, this brothers probably got a good heart and has books to sell. He's already made it in the system as an accountant. He writes in Panjabi from some intrinsic drive. He knows he won't make any money from it. 

38 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Probably hedging his bets knowing that he needs to stay onside with the burgeoning Islamic-Western establishment if he has any aspirations to make it in the degenerate Anglo system.

He does say this:

"yes I agree with you. Many things they do in their community despite our  union of language are alien to my sikh upbringing...including marrying relatives or girls half your age etc...language can unite us and create a discourse...but all the rest of these things are so different...I think the worst I have heard ours do is Honour Killings, though allegedly there was a Sikh member of a northern muslin grooming gang in the news some years ago...anyhow my views on this are on display in my story Gunda, which may offend some muslims, but grooming gangs are a fact"

19 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Nah, this brothers probably got a good heart and has books to sell. He's already made it in the system as an accountant. He writes in Panjabi from some intrinsic drive. He knows he won't make any money from it. 

I wish we had some form of Sikh-owned (or at least sympathetic) publishing houses in the West that didn't kow-tow ideologically to Western devilry. We're at a place where unless you have a gay / trans/ black / Muslim character being "fierce" (i.e. supporting the Paradigm), you aren't going to get published even if your work is top-notch.

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

I wish we had some form of Sikh-owned (or at least sympathetic) publishing houses in the West that didn't kow-tow ideologically to Western devilry. We're at a place where unless you have a gay / trans/ black / Muslim character being "fierce" (i.e. supporting the Paradigm), you aren't going to get published even if your work is top-notch.

Kashi House????

7 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Here you go, Misterrsingh. Maybe this is what you were looking for ?

https://www.khalishouse.com/about-us

Who We Are
Founded in June 2020, Khalis House Publishing is an independent not-for-profit publishing company. We are committed to providing a platform for both established and aspiring writers who are passionate about preserving and furthering literature on Sikh history, culture, tradition and identity, as well as Panjab. 

Be sure to find us on the the usual platforms to stay up to date on all the new releases from KhalisHouse.

If you're passionate about producing work on the Sikhs or Panjab, you can send us your proposal, accompanied with a brief CV to info@KhalisHouse.com.

What if I want to present ideas that are... mildly critical of the current traditions of "our" side? ?