300 years old Dasam Bani Pothi in Orissa!

Has anyone translated this? 

IMG-20220306-WA0028.jpg

4 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Does this mean Guru Nanak Dev ji also used to keep karraa???

Dally Singh veerji?

Veer ji, from what I understand the word kara is Farsi, but it doesn't have the connotations it does in that culture that it had (and has) in Sikhi (i.e. link to Khalsa and sarbloh concepts). 

If Baba Nanak Dev ji maharaj wore a kara and gifted it here, I don't think it means it was part of Sikhi practice (at that stage). And on a historical evidence perspective we have to be honest and say that we have little corroborating evidence of authenticity outside of word of mouth (which doesn't necessarily mean it's untrue).   

The granth is more fascinating and should be studied for dating purposes and to see if we have any unique interesting aspects that can shed light on its ithihaas. It should also maybe be fully and professionally digitised as time will will guarantee even more wear and tear. Sikh orgs should pay for this and maybe reward the owners financially for cooperation.  

I'm so glad this has been found. Thank you for sharing and thank  Abinash  for his efforts.

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Has anyone translated this? 

IMG-20220306-WA0028.jpg

Veer ji, from what I understand the word kara is Farsi, but it doesn't have the connotations it does in that culture that it was (and has) in Sikhi (i.e. link to Khalsa and sarbloh concepts). 

If Baba Nanak Dev ji maharaj wore a kara and gifted it here, I don't think it means it was part of Sikhi practice (at that stage). And on a historical evidence perspective we have to be honest and say that we have little corroborating evidence of authenticity outside of word of mouth (which doesn't necessarily mean it's untrue).   

The granth is more fascinating and should be studied for dating purposes and to see if we have any unique interesting aspects that can shed light on its ithihaas. It should also maybe be fullya nd professionally digitised as time will will guarantee even more wear and tear. Sikh orgs should pay for this and maybe reward the owners financially for cooperation.  

I'm so glad this has been found. Thank you for sharing and thank  Abinash  for his efforts.

Abinash is a wonderful young boy.

Guru Nanak Dev ji also had a spear with him when He was in eastern part of India.

https://www.worldgurudwaras.com/gurudwaras/gurudwara-barchha-sahib-dhanpur-assam/