Going out when engaged

*S I |\| G H*

"dating" even in such a circumstance is still somewhat shady. Even then, it is not 100% that you will be married, and also, its just not appropriate for gursikhs.

an alternative is to spend time together with your families etc..

I am not saying dont get to know each other, but just dont act as if you are already married.

I don't think the post is referring to "dating". I think the post is discussing whether or not two individuals should get to know one another before they actually get married. It's perfectly ok to get to know eachother before you get married since that person is the person who will be with for the rest of your lives. Excellent suggestions were given already in this post. :TH: Since you are engaged to the person, i think your parents won't have any objections for you to go out to a friednly dinner, etc with the person. Parent's views are starting to change and it's not like how it was back in the day where the two people coudn't even see eachother. blush.gif

It's better to know how the per

son thinks/acts/talks before marriage while ur still engaged and have time to think it over if this person is good enough for them, etc.

By spending a little time one can find out if the other one has any bad habits (if the two are amritdhari, maybe one doesn;t follow rehat as strictly as the other, you never know a person :T:

Bhul Chuk Maaf ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

pray.gif :e:

"dating" even in such a circumstance is still somewhat shady. Even then, it is not 100% that you will be married, and also, its just not appropriate for gursikhs.

an alternative is to spend time together with your families etc..

I am not saying dont get to know each other, but just dont act as if you are already married.

I don't think the post is referring to "dating". I think the post is discussing whether or not two individuals should get to know one another before they actually get married. It's perfectly ok to get to know eachother before you get married since that person is the person who will be with for the rest of your lives. Excellent suggestions were given already in this post. :TH: Since you are engaged to the person, i think your parents won't have any objections for you to go out to a friednly dinner, etc with the person. Parent's views are starting to change and it's not like how it was back in

the day where the two people coudn't even see eachother. blush.gif

It's better to know how the person thinks/acts/talks before marriage while ur still engaged and have time to think it over if this person is good enough for them, etc.

By spending a little time one can find out if the other one has any bad habits (if the two are amritdhari, maybe one doesn;t follow rehat as strictly as the other, you never know a person :wub: ) :T:

Bhul Chuk Maaf ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

pray.gif :e:

yaaa i agree wit u "princess"

parents r gettin a lil less strict

and nutttins wrong wit a lil dinner...n if sum r uncomfortable wit that...or even think thas wrong...go wit friends..llike "balait da sher" said

:TH:

Welcome to this forum :wub:

Good to see new members...

I would love to have strict parents rather than less strict one. As long as parents gives personal space/privacy to their children but have strict morals or limits on particular issues, i think that's perfectly good parenting role.

Parents can be friends too, but getting respect is also very important. If parents are way too liberal or way too friendly then somewhere in the middle they loose the respect from their children and also the moral values of children go down. Way too much strict parenting also do have many negative effects, for ex: their kids won't wait to do things to prove that they are true rebels(drinking/clubs) when they go on with their life to live on univ. campuses and so on.. So one have to keep the things in balance.. :e: