whats happening?

Ksinghni

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

on the topic of facial hair for bhenji's... I read on the tapoban website once about this topic... and i've heard from others who take biology and all that stuff about this topic.... if i'm not mistaken excessive facial hair for women is due to a hormone inbalance... somethin that could end up being serious... i also read that for women who have a lot of facial hair, it could be a serious health problem, because if ur hormones are like really messed up, it could affect ur pregnancy/giving birth... i'm pretty sure there are ways to fix this i.e. goin to the doctor n talkin to him/her bout it... now some people would argue that 'its guru jee's kirpa' etc... i don't buy that.. if sum1 sliced u with a knife.. would u jes sit there and watch urself bleed to death or would try to heal/take care of urself..???

well.. regardless.. i'm pretty sure there's more the hormone stuff.. if in doubt.. ask ur doctor n stuff.. i'm sure there also mite be some side effects n what not.. but yah.. ask...

p.s. Ksinghni... if u don't mind me asking.. where and when was this kirtan program?

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i have seen this myself, many times. sometimes i feel like crying. why can't they understand what our reliogion teaches. Khalsa is supposed to be "Niara", different from everybody else. i wish that all of todays sikhs would realize that.

i personally think that when a singhni wears a dastaar there is nothing more beautiful than that. The dastaar is a representation of our "vilakhanta" from the rest of the world, why then should we try to mix in with the others?

i hope guru ji blesses us all with enough budhhi so that we can realize this.

bhul chuk maaf karni.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Okay b4 i even start, i wish 2 say that i am not here 2 do nindia or chugliaa(n) or anything of the sort, and 4 anything i do say wrong then "anjaan bachi samaj ke maarf karna"

i was talking 2 an amritdhari friend of mine, and he said 2 me that ajj kal goin 2 a rehnsbai kirtan is on par wit like going 2 a night club, he said its so easy 2 go ther and get urself a gf/bf, now obviously this is not like 100% of the time or whatever but that was his genral overview derived from the number of times he had seen this occur and personally been involved...with my other friend also, he said the same thing but he spoke of sikhi camps and seminars etc

as 4 the hair issue, i know a few singhniaa (amritdhari wit dastaar) who do more than bleach facial hair, they wax arms as well as legs also and pluck/thread eyebrows and other facial hair, i was talkin one time 2 my friend who is looking 2 get married and i asked what if ur wife wishes 2 receive amrit, he said "yeh she cn go 4 it, i jst dont want her 2 get a bigger beard than mine but" that attitude really kinda shocked me, im not amritdhari as of yet, and 2 b honest the only thing holding me bak is the hair thing, nothin els, im weak,but hopefully thru bani & naam and wit Guru ji's blessings i cn become strong enuff 2 not let it effect me any longer,another amritdhari friend of mine however said he would let his wife remove any other hair apart frm the hair on her head beacause in the mahan kosh kesh is defined as hair on the head 4 women and hair on the head and face 4 men,( i dont know if thats right or wrong im simply regurgitating what he told me) he also we

nt on2 say that in 2days society appearance does matter& ther has 2 b sum sort of half way mark, i know one bibi who b4 takin amrit went 2 have laser hair removal, others thort it kinda defeated the object; seems a lot of people hold different opinions of what is 'right' and 'wrong'

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I guess you can't blame Singhs and Kaurs from socializing at such places like gurdwara, camps. I mean, where else are they going to do it. I think it's all healthy because it creates a good bond between the youth. I think this kind of friendship also invites non-practicing youths to come into the "circle". A mona goes to the gurdwara, sees peeps his/her age having fun while being religious, and that mona may want to fit in. I think it's a good trend. That mona may become influenced to do seva, listen to the katha/keertan, keep saroop to better fit in.

I was a mona once, and believe me, seeing other young people who are religious is very inspiring.

what's bleaching?

bleaching turns your hair a lighter colour so it isn't as visible since asians have darker hair than a white person for example.

I guess that's a good option for Bibi's who have facial hair.

Does it bleach permanantly ?

I still think it's hormonal imbalancement and/or growth hormones in foods that cause any really visible hair on women. Also, women who take hormones for getting pregnant also get excesive hir. Lets face it, women aren't suppose to have facial hair, only men are. It's just our messed up agricultural practices and other such factore that casue these imbalances.

Would Bibi's consider removing such hair a kurehit? I think Sikh Dharma allows for it. As mentioned by anjaan bhenji, many bibi's do it.

What does the sangat think?

hair is hair.. no matter if i's on ur legs, arms, back, head or and other orfus of the body... it should NOT be removed... Guru Jee made us a certain way for a reason.. we shouldn't change that.. now i'm not sayin its EASY for bibian with facial hair to go out into the world.. i's actually extremely hard (this i hear from some that have facial hair)... and i give all the respects to them for being able to do that.. and there shouldn't be a 'half way' point for this.. ur either with it totally.. or ur not with it at all.. we can't sit here and say we're amritdhari and at the same time pluck ur eyebrows or wax ur legs.. for those that DO do that.. tell them to go to their panj pyaray and ask em about it.. see what they have to say.. if the gurls 'THINK' i's okay (which i highly doubt they do.. i personally believe they are jes MAKIN themselves think it is okay) then they shouldn't have a problem talkin to their panj pyaray... to me all this 'i think gurls should be able to remove hair' crap is all schtupid... but u know what.. tha's jes my opinion.. the bottom line is.. ask ur panj.. see what they have to say.. 'cause in the end it don't matter what we 'think' is right or wrong... i's the hukam that they give us from Guru Jee... put it this way.. what they say... i's like Guru Jee sayin it to us.. he's jes doin it through them..

anywhoo.. tha's my 2 cents...

Bhul Chuk Maaf..!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh...!!

Confronting people will get you a black eye and you will be hated. If you like being hated then it is the way to go.

A sikh's jeevan should be such that people are attracted to you because of your sikhi and naam kaamaaee and your humility and not because you are handsome/beautiful on the outside with no facial hair.

Sikhi is about learning not preaching. You start preaching you loose your sikhi because you are NOT a sikh anymore. You have violated the definiton of a Sikh. (Learner). How can a learner be a preacher or teacher. So those of you out there that they can confront others are not sikhs. It is not about confrontation. It is about being a sikh so that people associate with you because of your sikhi and they gain something which they feel they dont have and they can themselves learn from you. Ten men can take a horse to water but even hundred men cannot make it drink. So I will repeat again if you like being hated then go and confront people and in your head you can think that you are being a sikh. Actually you are NOT being a sikh (learner). You are violating the basic definition of a SIKH by being a preacher.

I am still waiting for my request in the earlier post.

I would like to read more on the diet effecting hair growth and the asian condition of excessive hair growth. Please point me to the information sources.