do uk ramgharia gurdwaras disrespect langar maryada and treat it as a restaurant, is their use of ramgharia label a scam?

On 3/1/2024 at 7:52 PM, v.singh said:

In an ideal world, Ramgharia gurdwaras would follow Dal Panth maryada. In reality it has become synonymous with the sub caste tharkhan.  

which goes back to my original post, most gurdwaras are scamming us by using the Ramgharia label.   the amount of monay and trim Singhs that call themselves Ramgharia, is bare disrespectful and just continues the scam!

There are some Nihang groups which use the misl label nowadays. There should be a group of Nihangs to claim the Ramgharia misl label, and it needs to be taken away from the scammers!  

Also nobody really got back about gurdwaras being used like restaurants and diners.   Who started this recent tradition of wearing shoes at langar, is it a colonial army thing, did soldiers bring this to gurdwaras?

It's strange because it was practiced across many uk gurdwaras in the past, yet those who migrated from Panjab would never have seen this back in Panjab gurdwaras, so how did this shoes and tables thing even come about for langars?

Yes to the restaurant part... more like party halls: round dining table and shoes.

DK about other Gurudwara but our own Guru ghar has men n women sitting together/ same line in Langhar halls. This also gets to me sometimes.  

On 3/13/2024 at 11:39 AM, Singh1989 said:

Yes to the restaurant part... more like party halls: round dining table and shoes.

DK about other Gurudwara but our own Guru ghar has men n women sitting together/ same line in Langhar halls. This also gets to me sometimes.  

That is completely normal. This seperation of men and women is only found in western gurdwaras. In India families sit together whether it is in the Gurdwara proper or the Langar hall. 

On 3/7/2024 at 10:02 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Also nobody really got back about gurdwaras being used like restaurants and diners.   Who started this recent tradition of wearing shoes at langar, is it a colonial army thing, did soldiers bring this to gurdwaras?

It's strange because it was practiced across many uk gurdwaras in the past, yet those who migrated from Panjab would never have seen this back in Panjab gurdwaras, so how did this shoes and tables thing even come about for langars?

Who started the men and women sitting seperately in western gurdwaras? you don't see this behaviour in India. Will you complain about that as well? 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:22 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

Who started the men and women sitting seperately in western gurdwaras? you don't see this behaviour in India. Will you complain about that as well? 

Yeh I could do to be honest. It's not really chardikala to be coming from the diwan hall and then sangat putting on shoes to go langar. I like sitting in the gurdwara with family, and there are spaces for this in bigger gurdwaras such as Slough, Southall, Coventry. In my current local area gurdwaras this is not really possible for weekly sangat, and also not for sangrand and gurpurb. Need to complain about these tendikalaUK practices  to be UK chardikala Singhs! 

On 3/13/2024 at 11:39 AM, Singh1989 said:

On 3/14/2024 at 11:20 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

That is completely normal. This seperation of men and women is only found in western gurdwaras. In India families sit together whether it is in the Gurdwara proper or the Langar hall. 

In langar it should be common sense for peopel to find a suitable space to sit. Normally in my local Singh Sabha gurdwara, there is enough space to sit, so I am able to find a space with enough space away from other people. There have been a few times, where there has been a lot of sangat and I have been forced onto a table.  In Slough and Southall Singh Sabha, Park Avenue, I will just sit near another group of men unless I am with family, but again there shouldn't be strict gender separation and instead common sense logic.