No one is Sikh today..

navdeep kaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My taya ji and tayi ji from India came to our house today.. We started talking about my cousin who got married 2 years ago in Canada.. Anyways, my mom asked if her husband is sardar or mona and they said he's mona. Then my taya ji said "No one is Sikh today" (meaning no one is sardar in today's society)

:wub:

Hmm don't really know why I am writing this here, just thought I should share it with you..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gurjeet,

In a way your uncle has nailed it, the Guru Granth Sahib ji is supposed to be the "Sikhs" code of conduct, even in my opinion no one left on the planet is a Sikh today.

But, I do think we still have people that have a large amount of respect for Sikhism, and thats all it is now, respect; some respect more, some respect less, but I personally dont think anyone is a Sikh anymore.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

maaf karnaa ji, but it seems those types of responses "no-one is a sardaar or sikh nowadays" is a reaction to guilt.

We don't wanna smell reality - instead we bury our heads in the sand and try to justify it.

People who make those comments - are just kidding themselves.

Jhoolte Nishaan Rehe: Panth Maharaaj Ke!

Udhaa, i agree that the majority of Sikhs are Sikhs by name and not actions.

However Sikhi and Guru Ke Sikh well remain till the end! If Sikhi is true and Guru Ke Sikh are true - then truth is eternal!

aad sach, jugaad sach. hai bhi sach, nanak, hosee bhi sach. (ang 1, SGGS)

The majority who call themselves Sikhs - no point dwelling or wallowing in it!

Rather than say "no-one follows Sikhi" or "no is a Sikh" - lets ask why? and then try to solve the problem.

It is all strive to be good Sikhs and help others on the path by giving our arm and support!

Food for thought

In a way your uncle has nailed it, the Guru Granth Sahib ji is supposed to be the "Sikhs" code of conduct, even in my opinion no one left on the planet is a Sikh today.

Fateh,

Thats making a very general statement, and in no way can you prove that statement, unless you've met every single person claiming to be Sikh, furthermore, you never know the inner workings of a person and what they believe, many Gursikh's stay gupt since they are not Sikh because they need to show the world, but they are doing it for Guru Ji, for themselves and for the love that they get from Gurbani. I have met some amazing Sikhs, and I would say that they are true Sikh's. They dont show off, they dont try to get power, they wake up at 2 or 3 and do simran and paath, they go to work, come home and seem to live a very normal life.

so for you to put down everyone and say there are no Sikh's today I think is a mistake, and maybe you should think over again what you are saying.

pul chuk maaf

Hi sher_punjabi,

How many people in the world follow the Guru Granth Sahib ji word for word today?

The relationship of a Sikh and the Guru is no different than the relationship of a highschool teacher and a student.

A Student studies and tries to follow the insturctions of the teacher. Teacher neither expects nor wants the student to follow the instructions word to word, instead the teacher wants the student to learn from his/her own mistakes.

Same applies to Guru Granth sahib jee and a Sikh. Guru ji wants us to follow the instructions to the best of our ability but also do our own independent learning while living in this world.

Getae your thinking that there isnt a sikh left in the world because sikhs may not follow Guru Granth sahib jee word to word is wrong.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It's such a cop out negative attitude that exists out there. All this negativity does is justify people's manmat.

There are Sikhs out there. Plenty of Chardi Kala Sikhs!! It all depends if we want to sit in their sangat.

Sei Pyaray Mael Jina Milya Tera Naam Chet Ava!

Hi sher_punjabi,

How many people in the world follow the Guru Granth Sahib ji word for word today?

The relationship of a Sikh and the Guru is no different than the relationship of a highschool teacher and a student.

A Student studies and tries to follow the insturctions of the teacher. Teacher neither expects nor wants the student to follow the instructions word to word, instead the teacher wants the student to learn from his/her own mistakes.

Same applies to Guru Granth sahib jee and a Sikh. Guru ji wants us to follow the instructions to the best of our ability but also do our own independent learning while living in this world.

Getae your thinking that there isnt a sikh left in the world because sikhs may not follow Guru Granth sahib jee word to word is wrong.

Fateh, very nicely said veerji,

your right, Sikhism is a way of life that needs to be adapted. You do that with time and with experience. We are learning from our Guru's how to live. No one is perfect. I dont think ive ever met neone who has gotten 100

% in all their classes in University, however they still pass if their marks are ok....

Gatae, what is your definition of a Sikh?

pul chuk maaf