Judging Boys and girls

desiguriya_05

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

my cuz. just had a son and it is lioke a such a big deal!!! and before she had a daughter every body was practically crying! :wub: @ :@ @ (except my mom, dad, sis, and me)

my grandparents r the same way! they r always saying how sad they r that my parents only hav 2 daughters! they dont think that it is better to have a thousand daughters who r amritdhaari than to have one amli, mona son. :@ @ :@ @

makes me sooooooooo mad!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Akal,

I really dont understand what you mean by circumstances and suffering!!! Im sorry...im a maha moorakh....could you please explain this for me....I would really appreciate it

In India/Punjab, a male is the one who goes out and provides for the family, and a female CANT because Indian society harrasses women left and right, for this reason, a boy in the family is a huge deal because he can go out and provide for the family, where as a girl cant because of the circumstances in that particular society.

Now in the West its completely different as both male and female can lead their lives with freedom. So now more n more people are celebrating lohri for females and males. The people who still celebrate it for males are most likely born in India first and then here, so that idea of a male being the person whos bringing home the money is still within them. Theres nothing wrong with this ideology, they were born n bred back in India so you cant blame them for the way they react to certain things.

As for your personal thing your 100% right....im sorry for making that statement and have edited it.

Thanks Akal, I appreciate your sinceri

ty.

In India/Punjab, a male is the one who goes out and provides for the family, and a female CANT because Indian society harrasses women left and right, for this reason, a boy in the family is a huge deal because he can go out and provide for the family, where as a girl cant because of the circumstances in that particular society.

Now in the West its completely different as both male and female can lead their lives with freedom. So now more n more people are celebrating lohri for females and males. The people who still celebrate it for males are most likely born in India first and then here, so that idea of a male being the person whos bringing home the money is still within them. Theres nothing wrong with this ideology, they were born n bred back in India so you cant blame them for the way they react to certain things.

Ahhhh..so if we live according to the rules society set........then we would be sheep in my opinion. People use society pressures to justify leaving their sikhi saroop....... they use society pressures as an exucse to why they start drinking.......they use society pressures as an excuse to leave their religion!!! We shouldnt care what society thinks if this is your arguement.... I mean soooo WHAT if a woman cant work in india.......is money everything!!!! (when boys come people celebrate lohri......so according to what you said......they celebrating because t

he boy can go out and earn money for the family!!!!) So lohri is an excuse for a celebration as the family think that by gettin a boy.....they have won a lottery!!! :@ @ :@ @ :@ @

There is nothing in this world that a woman cant do.......ppl......who think otherwise go against the teachings of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. :cool:

so then again, we tie the stupidity of the Punjabi/Sikh population who murder the girls to Hindus (birpam ki reet)? Boys is the Punjabi Soceity have always been placed supirior to girls. It has nothing to do with Hindus. Stupidity has nothing to do with Religion but Stupidity and Ignorence are an Individual or soemtimes Soceities curse.

Ermmmmm....sikhi believes in equality!!! Not slandering hinduism or anything....but do they believe in equality??? :umm: ........i suspect the answer is no! Therefore sikh people who still are stuck in this menta

lity are not following sikhi...BUT following birpan ki reet - which Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji warned the khalsa against.

i can proudly say that my dad thinks of me as his son as well as his daughter... :>:>
^_^^_^

Too many of us start thinking the way we believe society wants us to – even today.

This is why Sikhs are completely different to anyone and everyone. Because we are not bhed (sheep) we are Sher. The only one to follow is Vaheguru.

Maharaj gave us a hukam, and we must follow it – if we too, start giving into the needs and wants of society at the compromise of our Sikhi, then you’ll always get this gender divide that was abolished by our Guru.

I remember the story my parents told me about my own life.

When my older sister was born, everyone was upset in my extended family – this was because the first born was never a boy. My father didn’t give in to the wants of his own family even and was the first to hand out ludoo (as done when a boy is born). Something completely out of the ordinary – but still – my sister was a gift from Vaheguru as far as he was and is concerned. Regardless of her gender.

Second came me, a girl also – this time the pressures of the family got to him and my mother a little more – and they felt they couldn’t understand why they were being “so hard done by”. All they wanted was a boy, was that too much?

Life moved and moved forward, and they were forced to accept the fact that I was a girl and not a boy – however, life has thrown such things at us as a family, that today people ask my father about his “son” and he talks about me. I’m his oldest son. He tells the world that Guru Sahib blessed him with a daughter and two sons (as I have a younger brother) – not two daughters.

People would ridicule my father about this, and still do… but I ask what could a boy have given them that a girl couldn’t? The one thing we get told is

continuing the family name – forgive me, but continuing the family name? When we take Guru Ji’s hukam, and become part of the Khalsa Family, we ALL, regardless of gender continue our family name of Kaur and Singh – for this is the name of our REAL father.

Even those who follow society are soon finding that walking on any path apart from Guru Ji’s leads to no-where.

I feel the question is, do we follow Gurmat or Manmat – if we follow the former, then NO society can harm our view, thoughts or actions. If we follow the latter – we will never flourish as Gursikhs. Regardless of gender.

We don’t realise, as Akal veer ji has said that Guru Nanak Dev Ji gave us, females the equality that even those in the west have had to fight for in recent years – they blessed us with this over 500years ago.

However, we, even I, continue to use society as our justification for not adhering to this hukam.

I don’t know if anything I have said makes any sense, and apologise for my many mistakes.

lol this is just getting too funny, do you really think everyone has the discipline that some GurSikhs out there do? Man you guys HAVE NOT FACED A HARD LIFE, its as simple as that you guys just have not seen the hardships of girls in the family back home and your hearing preaching about Sikhi when you have no idea how its like when you have 3 girls sitting at home waiting to get married, who cant provide for the family and you have n 82 year old baba who cant work because of his old age! So wouldnt you think hed be just a BITTTTTTTTTTTTT happier with a boy that can go out and make enough to feed his family for the night?

YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCHA SELFISH WHINERS.

Ahhhh..so if we live according to the rules society set........then we would be sheep in my opinion.
Now thats just stupid, I could say the same thing about following a relegious beleif, that we're just acting like sheep because its the rule of God.
People use society pressures to justify leaving their sikhi saroop......

Alrite man, well I guess we should be sending our daughters out to work in India so they can come home raped and abused.

they use society pressures as an exucse to why they start drinking.......they use society pressures as an excuse to leave their religion!!!

Dont know what your talking about, I personally drink and not the most relegious person on the planet, society has nothing to do with how I think since I live in a society with FREEDOM.

We shouldnt care what society thinks if this is your arguement.... I mean soooo WHAT if a woman cant work in india.......is money everything!!!! (when boys come people celebrate lohri......so according to what you said......they celebrating because the boy can go out and earn money for the family!!!!) So lohri is an excuse for a celebration as the family think that by gettin a boy.....they have won a lottery!!!

Akal, its very easy to say these things born n bred in the West, my suggestion to you is:

Sell all your property, move with your parents back to Punjab(where theres no salvation army, no social insurance, no dental plan and no welfare cheques), and start sending yourself and your women in your household to work. I dont know what your thinking, but if you want to have food on the table, clothes on your back and a roof over your head, you better start working. YOU WORK YOU EAT OR YOU DIE, its as simple as that.

I am telling you the whole point behind the tradition, I cant beleive how narrow minded this discussion is going, Ive already stated how in the West more and more families are celebrating for both boys and girls, I dont understan

d why I'm being attacked here.

btw, like I've said for those out there who still have fathers that dont care about the birth of their daughters, must be your own family, like I've said earlier, my dad thinks of my sister has a crown on his head and that she represents the honour of this family. I dunno how many countless times we've ended up in fights because of people disrespecting women of our household. Women get alotta respect too, its in the little things. Infact from the culture I was brought up in, women are probably more "respected" then men.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

paji how do you know we havn't faced a HARD LIFE?!?! you know nothing about our lives to call us a BUNCHA SELFISH WHINERS

if theres someone being slefish i rekon its you because your so selfish you dot wnat us kuria to have the same rights as you mundhe...thats what i call selfish!