Amrit Twice?

Jassika

WJKK WJKFateh! ^_^

Jessica,

Well if you re-take amrit, you have to go in front of the panj pyaray, and they will tell you what to do and what not to do, make sure you understand what they say, like have it translated, because they can also say it in english. And they might give you a certain amount of sewa(selfless service) that you might have to do in the gurdwara, for your sins to be fogiven.

WJKK WJKFateH! ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Nowadays people (most not all) tend to take amrit very lightly. Ive heard few of them sayin (its okay if i cant maintain the rehat i can always take it again) ... So any idea how to curb this "illness" that has started to spread. I dont know about you guys in canada and uk but here in malaysia usually the amount of people who take amrit is always the main agenda.. but no one really cares the quality. No one really goes down to check how many out of the 50 will keep up to their rehat. Sadly to say more than half break it in less than a year? So what can we do here?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest balwinderkaur
(its okay if i cant maintain the rehat i can always take it again)

yea bhainjee...the idea of retaking amrit has become an excuse for this people to commit kuraihts..see entry on Amrit: is it a license to commit wrongdoings??? i think amrit shukking procedures here in malaysia and singapore have to be changed where RELIABLE, REHAT-FOLLOWING Panj Piaarays are picked by the saadhsangat to assess the suitability of candidates wishing to take amrit. But how many of us are willing to go up there and start implementing all these changes??? We're much too selfish I guess. :D