Marriage and stuff

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

this is um interesting.. but u kno.. watever God does.. is acceptable..

but heres my list anyhow..

1) Personality..... must be kind/generous/honest/understanding

2) Education...... atleast a college graduate..

3) Sikhi.............. knows sikhi.. willing to learn and change according to sikhi

4) Looks............ needs no explanation..

6) Outgoing...... loves nature and likes dogs!

7) Country.......... American/Canadian/English

8) caste no barrier..

ok so my list is a little longer..

btw: isnt this manmat to even have a list and talk bout those things?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur

here's mine :D

1)Sikhi--amritdhari,duz keertan and plays wikkid tabla :D wubb.gif alwaiz willing to learn and isn't so rigid.

2)Personality--kind,outgoing,determined,caring,generous,amiable, a good listener,helpful,broadminded

3)Education--at least a Bachelor's degree

4)Looks- :nihungsmile: *i'm not so particular but he should be neat and acceptable looking i.e. nothing weird*

5)Country--Australia,Canada,USA,Singapore

6)Common Interests--should share(or be willing to tolerate tongue.gif ) my love (and craze) for all kinds of animals esp. dogs and horses, enjoys travelling and reading,loves music etc.

7)Salary???: Should have a respectable job earning a good salary(i.e. enough to afford the basic necessities and some luxuries)

8)Caste: THIS IS A NO-NO-NO. Am not bothered about it.

**I don't think its manmat to have an idea of what you want in a partner...i mean isn't it better to have a

list and choose your partner according to it rather then accept whatever comes your way??? I dunno...it's a personal choice I guess**

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

not that i am fantasizing.. or thinking of such things.. but this is probably what would work best.. all up to guru sahib tho..

1) STRICT amritvela rehat

2) wears a dastar

3) keeps sarbloh/bibek

4) willing to adopt children (out of kindness for humanity)

5) willing to travel to samagams around the world

6) cares for everyone around them, caring, loving person who is kind and compassionate to all..

the above are pretty much all equal in importance

7) intelligent, thinks about things around them

8) bana.. chola/damalla!! that would be crazyy

the rest.. looks/caste are furthest from my mind.. actually...

9) if she or her family mentions caste even once, whole things off

i am personally disgusted by it...

thats about it :D

also.. i dont think one should spend too much time fantasizing or thinking about these things.. then you end up spending time thinking about it or looking around for singhnees or singhs that fit that description.. then you end up in a game of "what ifs" thats not good for you at all...

Guest balwinderkaur

yes Mkhalsa, you're so right. we should just leave all these marriage stuff to gurujee. when the time is right, things will just fall into place. :D

then you end up in a game of "what ifs" thats not good for you at all...
yea that's true.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

this is cute..

mine...

hmm...

the way i used to think is that a person should be willing to change accoring to teh way the other life partner is! then there wont be much problem in da family(thats whne i was 16-18) an ddidn tknwo much bout sikhi..

but i still belive that I should be the one who should think of changing instead of thinking my guy be the way i want him to be!(well i would want a chardi kalla wala singh, a khalsa of guru shaib....may be a kharrkooo(ma fantasyyy..a KHARKOO SINGH)

but i still dont know....all i want is waheguru :D

if anyone see him or find Him plz inform me right away..and dont let loose of him till i get him

this is how i used to think....

now i dont knwo i have no clue....only waheguru knowz.

jus a question....does gurbani says anything bout the peopel we are with(sisters, broz, parenst etc..and the hubby/wife). like is it by some sanjoogs vijoog thingii?

dont we end up with a person who we suppose to be with???

bhul chuk muaff karni

above all, when i heard Guru sahib guru Teg bahadur jis shabds, and also there is a shabd in Asa di // bout husband and wife stuff that nuffinis true...no one goes with us anyways, we on our own...from that day i dont know if i should be thinking bout things like that(u all know im the LOST LOST LOST SOUL....so jus if u see anything wrong wiv my message do let me know and put ur thinkng to help me get better)

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

(

dont fall for my words, i say loads but i dont put that stuf in practice) most of what i said is what i used to hear from some old bibi jiz(bajurgaz of famly)

guru ang sang

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Although I am MUCH to young to get married, some students of the damdami taksal asked me if I get married what would I look for, and I answered this:

1. sikhi ( amrithari, wears dastar, VERY GOOD LIVIND ACCORDING TO THE reight maryada the one used by the damdamy taksal)

Thats all I need

Bhull chukk maff.

:nihungsmile: ^_^pray.gif :g :g :v :v

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I'm too young for this stuff.. i don't bother thinking about it

But still.. lol.. This is the way i put it... (babyish thoughts)

Gibe Allllll your love to waheguru ji ... and then when the time comes he'll dliver it to your soulmate..

i don't look for anything... lol.. waheguru ji knows.... ^_^ hanna

k thats it..

bhul chuk muaaf..

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh