K.p.s. Gill Visited Khalra In Jail, Says Witness

sarblohsingh2004

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20050217/punjab1.htm

K.P.S. Gill visited Khalra in jail, says witness

Recounts tale of police brutality before his ‘murder’

Jangveer Singh

Tribune News Service

Patiala, February 16

The disappearance of human rights activist Jaswant Singh Khalra has taken a new turn with the sole witness who claims to have witnessed the murder of the activist, alleging that he had seen former Punjab Police Director-General of Police K.P.S. Gill go into a room in which Khalra was being kept at Manawala in Taran Tarn.

The witness, Kuldeep Singh, is a former Special Police Officer who claims he was recruited into the police by former Taran Tarn Senior Superintendent of Police Ajit Singh Sandhu. He told the court of the Additional Sessions Judge here that it was Sandhu’s house in Manawala village in Taran Tarn which was visited by K.P.S. Gill and other “clean shaven official” a few days before Khalra was murdered in 1995.

The witness who told TNS after stepping out of the court that he was happy he had finally been able to tell the truth, said during his deposition that he was taken to the residence of the Taran Tarn, SSP, by Jhabal Police Station SHO Satnam Singh who was keeping Khalra locked in illegal confinement. He further alleged that Mr K.P.S. Gill remained in the room where Khalra was being kept for half an hour adding that during the journey back to the Jhabal police station, SHO Satnam Singh told Khalra that he would have saved himself if he had listened to the “advice” of the DGP.

Giving a lengthy deposition, the former SPO said he came into contact with Mr Ajit Singh Sandhu, who was a prime accused in the Khalra disappearance case before he committed suicide in 1994. He said when Sandhu was posted to Taran Tarn in 1995 he accompanied him as a gun man.

The witness said he was posted to the Jhabal police station in the police district subsequently and it was here that he was handed over the keys of a room in which Khalra was being kept.

The SPO said his responsibility was to provide food to Khalra and it was during this time that DSP Jaspal Singh and his body guard Arvinder besides Sarhali SHO Surinderpal Singh, Manochahal SHO Jasbir Singh, Prithipal Singh and Balwinder Singh Gora came to the police station in separate cars.

He alleged that the police officials started beating up Khalra and’’I was asked to get a glass of hot water by SHO Satnam Singh’’.

The SPO said even as he was heating up the water he heard the sound of two shots and when he rushed towards the room, he was told by Satnam Singh to go where the cars were parked.

“Subsequently Balwinder Singh Gora reversed the Maruti van in which he had come and he and Arvinder took hold of Khalra’s legs and arms to dump him into the boot of the vehicle. I saw blood oozing out of Khalra’s chest,” he claimed. Kuldeep said while he sat in SHO Satnam Singh’s vehicle the two other cars containing the same police officials moved ahead.

At around 10 pm the cavalcade reached Harike where Arvinder and Balwinder Singh Gora took out Khalra’s body and threw it into a canal, he alleged.

Telling a gory tale of brutality, the SPO alleged that all cars proceeded to the Harike guest house after the act where other police officials, including Mr Ajit Singh Sandhu, were present.

He said while the officers went inside he, Arvinder and Balwinder were given two bottles of liquor which they consumed in the lawns of the rest house.

Kuldeep Singh said he had a change of heart on the issue after listening to a human rights activist speaking about the disappearance of Khalra and decided to tell his tale. “It has taken several years to do so during which time I have resisted severe pressure from the accused police officials,” he added.

http://www.witness84.com

http://www.carnage84.com

http://www.punjabjustice.org

http://www.navhindtimes.com/stories.ppa?pa...Story_ID=021813

Witness names K P S Gill in Khalra murder case

UNI Patiala Feb 17: A key witness in the Khalra murder case, Mr Kuldeep Singh, has stated that former Punjab director-general of police, Mr K P S Gill had met human rights activist, Jaswant Singh Khalra a few days before the latter’s killing by the Punjab police in 1995.

The witness, a special police officer (SPO) in Punjab police, deposed before additional sessions judge, Mr S P Bangarh here yesterday and stated that Jaswant Singh Khalra was tortured for several days in a cell and then his body was thrown into a canal at Harike in the presence of the then Tarn Taran SSP, the late Ajit Singh Sandhu.

Explaining the manner in which Khalra was done to death by a group of Punjab police officers, the key witness further said that Mr Gill had also met Jaswant Singh Khalra a few days before the human rights activist was allegedly shot dead and thrown into the Harike canal.

The copies of the statements given by the key witness in the case were given to the media late last night.

SPO, Mr Kuldeep Singh stated in the court that he was attached with the then SHO, Mr Satnam Singh at Chabaat in Tarn Taran police district in 1995 as a gunman and Ajit Singh Sandhu was then the SSP, Tarn Taran, when Jaswant Singh Khalra was tortured and done to death.

The witness told the court that 15 days before Diwali in 1995, Mr Satnam Singh gave him the keys of a room where Jaswant Singh Khalra was locked up to serve him food. “When I went inside the room, Khalra was without turban and his clothes were torn, and there were scratch marks on his face and other body parts,” the key witness stated.

He said he was also asked to keep the Khalra’s custody as a secret.

The witness stated that former DGP, Mr K P S Gill had also met Jaswant Singh Khalra at the residence of Ajit Singh Sandhu at Mannawala near Tarn Taran where Khalra was brought in a Maruti car with a number plate ‘PB-02-J-245’, four days before his killing.

“On way back, Khalra was told by the SHO that it was better if he had accepted the advice of K P S Gill and that would have saved him and us as well,” the witness stated. “Thereafter, one day at around 7 p.m, DSP Jaspal Singh, his bodyguard Arvinder Singh, Sarhali SHO Surinderpal Singh, Manochahal SHO Jasbir Singh and other police officials, Prithipal Singh and Balwinder Singh Gora went to the room where Khalra was lodged and again gave him sever beating.”

SPO, Mr Kuldeep Singh further stated that he was then asked by SHO Satnam Singh to fetch a glass of hot water but, before he could bring the hot water, he heard two gun shots in Khalra’s room and then Khalra’s body was taken in a Maruti van to Harike.

“The convoy reached Harike at around 10 p.m and Khalra’s body was thrown in the canal near village Makhu and then the cops were served liquor at a Harike rest house where SSP, Ajit Singh Sandhu was also present,” the witness stated.

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.ppa?content_id=64852

Witness names Gill in Khalra case

EXPRESS NEWS SERVICE

Posted online: Thursday, February 17, 2005 at 0211 hours IST

PATIALA, FEBRUARY 16: A key witness in the alleged murder of human rights activist Jaswant Singh Khalra today named then DGP K.P.S. Gill in his deposition.

Kuldip Singh, special police officer who used to be the gunman of SHO Satnam Singh, co-accused in the Khalra case, said Gill had met the activist at the residence of SSP Ajit Singh Sandhu at Manawala, a few days before Khalra was allegedly killed by the police.

Kuldip said Satnam called him 15 days before Diwali in 1995, and asked him to send meals to a man locked in a room adjoining his quarters. Kuldip claimed the man had many injuries on his body. He’d been looking after the man, Khalra, for four days when SSP Sandhu and DSP Jaspal Singh came to the SHO’s quarters in a car without a registration number. Soon, they were joined by Sarhali SHO Surinderpal Singh, SHO of Manochahal Jasbir Singh, and a police official Prithipal Singh.

Kuldip alleged that the policemen beat up Khalra on several occasions. Three days later, Satnam took Khalra to SSP Sandhu’s house at Manawala. Kuldip alleged that later, Gill arrived and went into Khalra’s room with another person who appeared to be a police officer.

A week later, DSP Jaspal Singh, SHO Surinderpal Singh and SHO Jasbir Singh again visited Khalra and beat him up. Kuldeep said in the middle of this, they asked him to bring hot water. ‘‘I was in the kitchen when I heard two shots being fired...I saw Arvinder Singh, the DSP’s gunman, and Balwinder Singh dumping Khalra’s body in the boot of a Maruti van outside’’, he said.

The SPO said he reported the matter to CBI after which he returned to Bachhrrey village. Kuldip alleged DSP Jaspal Singh and Satnam urged him to give false statements in court. Kuldip claimed the accused had planned to kill him and his wife in an encounter.

the worst part is...even though this witness has come foreward...the gov't won't even touch KPS Gill....

but maybe it might be a good thing for a sleeping quam...this injustice might be the last straw and people might start waking up and actually taking action against such attrocities and gross human rights violations......

maybe the "moderate" sikhs can shed some light as to what needs to be done.

Personally I think almost all khalistani sikhs have been yelling ever since Khalra's abduction that KPS Gill and SSP Ajit Sandhu were behind the murder. There is no shock in my mind to hear this from a witness. Now the Indian gov't can officially give KPS Gill the medal for killing Khalra, because it has been a "mystery" for so long. You know i wonder if people will see that maybe the sikhs are telling the truth about having their people butchered by the Punjab Police. I mean to a person with just a little bit of common sense can see that Punjab Police can never be viewed as some righteous peace keeping force in Punjab, I mean that is like saying the Nazi SS was comparable to Mother Teresa....

Our people need to wake up and smell the cha, or tea. How long are we going to pretend that the likes of KPS Gill are heroes...people in Punjab need to get off the drugs and take their destiny into their own hands before there is no destiny to take hold of.