Serious Questions Need Serious Answers

Khalsa_starr

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Hello everyone! It seems like the last few days have been rather confusing for me. After looking through most of the sikh "Codes of Conduct" at sikhitothemax.com i was left stunned and confused. I need to know the answers to these question since in several months i could be taken some big dicisions. Below are the areas i need help.

"False stories and Fiction"

When i read this i was first shocked, then confused. I write fanfiction on the moview Shrek and i have been working on it for the past several months. Now should what i think should happen is that it would be best to cotinue because i don't want to abandone the people who follow the story. What should i really do??

"Occupation"

This is the most serious question i have. Since i will be graduating from high school in may i want to know if going into the 3D animation field is proper for a sikh. I have to put in my application this month so this needs to be answered as aoon as possible. What is the ideal job??

"Dining with the faithless"

This is more a less a simple question. since my mom is a JW, should i be eating with her? Most of the time i don't but sometimes it's nice. What should i do?

"Never Abandon Your Weapons/Run from Battlefield"

This is a confusing area - what does it mean? Should sikhs continue to fight even if it's hopeless or suicide? Does this justify violence?

"Destroy the Tyrannical Enemy"

Does this mean that we should be the first one to pull the trigger? This one confuses me since it could be the answer to a few other users here.

Is drawing bad?

I love to draw maps and cartoons, i spend some of my time letting my imagination go free. I want to know if this is bad? (maps can be found here)I would hope not since it the only thing that i find to fill in the time i used to use watching tv.

That's all folks, i hope some more knowladgable sikhs will answer my questions.

-Khalsa Starr

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Hello everyone! It seems like the last few days have been rather confusing for me. After looking through most of the sikh "Codes of Conduct" at sikhitothemax.com i was left stunned and confused. I need to know the answers to these question since in several months i could be taken some big dicisions. Below are the areas i need help.

"False stories and Fiction"

When i read this i was first shocked, then confused. I write fanfiction on the moview Shrek and i have been working on it for the past several months. Now should what i think should happen is that it would be best to cotinue because i don't want to abandone the people who follow the story. What should i really do??

"Occupation"

This is the most serious question i have. Since i will be graduating from high school in may i want to know if going into the 3D animation field is proper for a sikh. I have to put in my application this month so this needs to be answered as aoon as possible. What is the ideal job??

This is more a less a simple question. since my mom is a JW, should i be eating with her? Most of the time i don't but sometimes it's nice. What should i do?

"Never Abandon Your Weapons/Run from Battlefield"

This is a confusing area - what does it mean? Should sikhs continue to fight even if it's hopeless or suicide? Does this justify violence?

Does this mean that we should be the first one to pull the trigger? This one confuses me since it could be the answer to a few other users here.

Is drawing bad?

I love to draw maps and cartoons, i spend some of my time letting my imagination go free. I want to know if this is bad? (maps can be found here)I would hope not since it the only thing that i find to fill in the time i used to use watching tv.

That's all folks, i hope some more knowladgable sikhs will answer my questions.

-Khalsa Starr

86308[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry too much about the fanfics, I think what you've been reading regarding false stories is more aimed towards making up stories about people and gossiping and lying and all that bad stuff. Same thing goes for jobs, there is no ideal job, but keep in mind that a sikh is supposed to donate about 10% of their income to people that need the money. Same thing goes for drawing, isn't bad as long as what you're drawing isn't bad ninja.gif As for the violence, we as sikhs are told that we should exhaust every other means possible before we have to defend ourselves physically. The word defended should be noted, because we as sikhs don't instigate, we defend ourselves, and those that need to be defended.

Gurfateh Darcy,

I will try to answer few questions of yours. You don't have to worry much about them. Rehat is hard and it will take many years to follow it. Don't believe in anything you find on internet, best way to believe is to get books of sikhism written by well known author like "bhai vir singh", PM or Email me and i will send you books which are good for sikhs who are new to sikhism :umm: The reason i said don't believe in anything you find on internet is because some stuff are very much at advance level which sometime confuses me (sikh since birth).

Sure why not.. If your soul didn't feel anything wrong in doing that then definitely go for it. And specially in case of your own parents i would say it's much better to have family gather dinner time like most american families used to have family dinner decades ago.

Never Abandon Your Weapons/Run from Battlefield"

Most of the people gets confused by this statement. Many peoples tend to believe that religion supposed to be non-violent and all peace. For example Buddhism is popular in west because its 100% non-violent. But Sikhi is not like that. Sikhi belives that if you get attacked then try to settle the matter in civilized ways (treaties) if the enemy again broke the treaty/promise then sikhs are allowed to arm themselves and fight for the truth. Never Abandon your weapon or never run from battlefield is the statement only applies to sikhs who are willing to be part of khalsa fauj (Army), Have you seen Braveheart, Did you see how the army got destroyed when half of the mel gibson armies ran away. So i believe this statement is true only if the soldiers are willing to follow. I would request you to read this post "http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.ppa?showtopic=9809" which i just posted to make it clear how sikhs social leaders are supposed to behave according to ethics of sikh religion on the matter of wars.

Sikhs never ever was/is/will be the first one to pull the trigger. During mughal rime, it was always mughals who first took their sword out and only sikhs and our gurus did was to protect locals and put stop on mughals rulers. Even during 1984, it was government who pulled the trigger first then sikhs defended themselves and their religious shrine. Mahraja Ranjit singh, never ever went on war to take over land and declare war on another kingdom for his kingdom fame. Sikhs never suppose to be the one to pull the trigger.

Is drawing bad?

Its definitely not bad of drawing maps or cartoons. In fact sikh community welcome this artistic talents in our community. Visit Sikhtoons.com or visit the homepage of "Twin Sisters" http://www.sikhpoint.com/community/Persona...ers/default.ppa

Above are just my personal opinions.

Gurfateh