Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akaali

How To Learn Gurmukhi/punjabi!

25 posts in this topic

fateh ji

can anyone recommend how they learnt punjabi/gurmukhi , and the easiest, or best way to learn it? ???

thanks

fateh ji

can anyone recommend how they learnt punjabi/gurmukhi , and the easiest, or best way to learn it? ???

thanks

there isn't just one way of learning punjabi/gurmukhi. it all depends on your learning style :D

PARWINDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?

i got a book from the library... emmm it was called teach yourself punjabi,from th "teach yourself range" lol and it was rlllyyyy good and if u genuinely wna learn ull do it and its broken down into small lessons to make it easy...downside wid usin a book is that u dont know how 2 pronounce properly so u can combine book and net that works wel :@

i went to ONE punjabi lesson blush.gif lol but i didnt like it, cuz i started at a different time to evryone else and i was little and afraid lol and to make matters worse...i got sumone elses exercise book lol n the lady said oh dont worry U can just write in th back pages :D <_< lol

i want to learn how to b able to undertstand bani......im dieing to learnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....i cant take english translations anymore!!!!!!! no.gif

PARWINDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?

i got a book from the library... emmm it was called teach yourself punjabi,from th "teach yourself range" lol and it was rlllyyyy good and if u genuinely wna learn ull do it and its broken down into small lessons to make it easy...downside wid usin a book is that u dont know how 2 pronounce properly so u can combine book and net that works wel :lol:

i went to ONE punjabi lesson blush.gif lol but i didnt like it, cuz i started at a different time to evryone else and i was little and afraid lol and to make matters worse...i got sumone elses exercise book lol n the lady said oh dont worry U can just write in th back pages :D :lol: lol

lol u r mad...................

well i still wana learn n need a teacher.............................

i want to learn how to b able to undertstand bani......im dieing to learnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....i cant take english translations anymore!!!!!!! no.gif

start from bhai gurdaas jee's vaaran n kabitt

Why do some people pronouce as "aira" rather then "ara".?

cuz it is AIRA not Arra (in some regions thats how they pronounce it though)...depends where u live

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. There is a Paath that you do before you leave home and go out anywhere, Its very short. When recite this Paath you will be safe when you are out and wont be in any danger. Does anyone know the name of this Paath and what you have to recite? I believe it starts off "Aad Aaminay, Jugaad Aminay, Satguru Aaminay..." I cannot remember the rest though, so please write the full recitation for me please. Thanks.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. There is a Paath that you do before you leave home and go out anywhere, Its very short. When recite this Paath you will be safe when you are out and wont be in any danger. Does anyone know the name of this Paath and what you have to recite? I believe it starts off "Aad Aaminay, Jugaad Aminay, Satguru Aaminay..." I cannot remember the rest though, so please write the full recitation for me please. Thanks.

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

I think you're referring to the Sukhmani Sahib Ji Mantra. Very powerful Mantra, its the jewel of peace.

Aad Gureh Nameh

Jugaad Gureh Nameh

Sat Gureh Nameh

Sri GuruDeve Nameh

gauVI suKmnI mÚ 5 ]

ga-o rhee su khmanee mehlaa 5.

Gauree Sukhmani, Fifth Mehl,

sloku ]

salok.

Shalok:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik-o Nkaar sa tgur parsaa d.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Awid gurey nmh ]

aa d gur-ay namah.

I bow to the Primal Guru.

jugwid gurey nmh ]

jugaa d gur-ay namah.

I bow to the Guru of the ages.

siqgurey nmh ]

sa tgur-ay namah.

I bow to the True Guru.

sRI gurdyvey nmh ]1]

saree gur dayv-ay namah. ||1||

I bow to the Great, Divine Guru. ||1||

You can find the rest of the Sukhmani Sahib Ji here. http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/sukhmanisahibjia.htm

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/sukhmanisahibjib.htm

Hope that helps :)

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

The BEST WEBSITE IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WOLRD IS www.gursevak.com!! www.gursevak.com

Daas has had and is having sangat of Sant Jaswant Singh Jee Khalsa (Bhagat Jee) who was a student of Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa, and has been given the seva of writing Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee steek (you can get more of this seva by reading the homepage on the website gursevak.com.

Bhagat Jee has sangat of Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee khalsa, Sant Baba Kartar Singh Jee Khalsa, Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa, Sant Baba Takur Singh Jee khalsa, and many other mahapurks of the taksal

Also, Bhagat Jee TAUGHT SANTHYA to Sant Baba Ram Singh Jee, Giani Thakur Singh Jee(Patialia Wale), and Bhai Jarnail Singh Jee(nitem wale damdami taksal)

Benti to THE SANGAT ON THIS FORUM PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD OF THE WEBSITE GURSEVAK.COM

if you want to learn SHUD PRONOUNCIATION OF GURBANI and learn how to write punjabi PLEASE READ BAL UPDESH WITH THE RECORDING

the whole point of doing bal updesh and getting profit from it is to do it WITH THE RECORDING!!!

In addition, all the pothis &audio on the website are FREE!

BENTI TO ADMIN.. PLZ MAKE IT A STICKY FOR LEARNING SANTHYA!!

2 people like this

So far the only book I've found found on the language of Gurbani is The Sacred Language of the Sikhs by Christopher Shackle (he's also compiled a Guru Nanak Glossary with all the words used in Guru Nanak Dev jee's bani). You can find it on amazon most of the time. It's an academic textbook, so you need to know something about basic grammar terms and also know how to read Gurmukhi beforehand.

1 person likes this

Any links on how to speak punjabi? i can read and write...Just cant speak cause i can't make sentences correctly lol.