Mahatma Gandhi

The_Perfect_Student

Disscussed many times do a search on the forum , he was a racist ,had relationships with goats in various ways was anti Sikh and so on - lots to write previous topics cover all aspects of not so great Gandhi

Read GB Singhs Books on Gandhi behind the mask of divinity

Sarpanch brother,

i have already forgotten 1984. God has taught me to forgive and move on.

everything happening around us is happening under the hukam.

We be in khalistan, when we see GOD in everything. this is temperory place anyways bro :p

hate is going to lead to more hate, hate is opposite of Love - God.

and who is a goat?

Please dont call Mahatma gandhi great :S (not so mahatma actually...)

There have been many topics on Gandhi in the past. I personally made 1 a while back in which many points were agreed upon.

He was a anti-sikh figure who cost sikhs dearly. He made many anti-sikh comments. His practice of passive resistance cost many sikhs their lives, and is contradictory to sikh belief of standing up and taking action against oppression.

His allegations of covorting with sheep were also given much controversy as singh ji stated in the post above.

We cannot condone or support such anti-sikh and anti-panthic people by calling him "great".

This runs the risk of turning into a nasty debate when a sikh calls the same man "great" who :

-proclaimed that the British Empire was for the welfare of the whole world and he accepted the superiority and predominance of white race.

- urged the Indian community to show their loyalty to the British Empire by raising funds for the War.

- Instead of encouraging people to make a stand against british rule, he instead encouraged people to match to the sea and make salt (1930 salt tax march)

- kept insisting up to the last moment that the country would be partitioned only over his dead body.....he lied, he was in constant talks/negotiations with british/hindu/muslim/sikh figures about the partition and knew full well of the forthcoming partition.

- told his Sikh followers that rusty sword is useless in the age of Atom Bomb.

- During bloody demonstrations and riots against the visit of Prince of Wales, William Francis Doherty, an American citizen working in Bombay was murdered. Gandhi personally got involved in the cover up of this gruesome murder through bribery and intimidation, as he was concerned that the details of this murder would tarnish Gandhi’s image in the West.

- he broke oath he made at the gurdwara sees ganj saab he said he would not let panjab be partiioned and will gve sikhs full rights. Clearly not a blessed soul if he breaks an oath in Guru's presence.. he would certainly have been condemned.

Administrator please close this topic/thread before it spirals out of control. We cannot call some1 that breaks oaths on Guru Granth Sahib, a great soul.

ADMIN PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC

fateh

Disscussed many times do a search on the forum , he was a racist ,had relationships with goats in various ways was anti Sikh and so on - lots to write previous topics cover all aspects of not so great Gandhi

Sarpanch brother,

We be in khalistan, when we see GOD in everything. this is temperory place anyways bro :p

and who is a goat?

I hope the day never comes when i turnd around and say that i have forgotton 1984, for that day i have lost the right to live.

Please do not disrespect the Shaheeds of 1984 by saying you have forgotton 1984. The memory of those and all the sikh shaheeds through history shall echo throughout history for many generations to come and till the end of this world.

Veer ji, the day sikhs forgot the shaheedia littered within sikhism is the day sikhism exists no more. I hope that day never comes. Its the Great shaheed's sacrifices that help drive us at times.

I cannot sit by and watch shaheeds of 1984 be disrespected by saying they are forgotton.

It is on the shoulders of the Shaheeds that Sikhi has survived and is being carried, BUT here we are on a sikh forum disrespecting the shaheeds by saying we have forgotton.

More disrespect than i can bear..

ADMIN PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

P.S could some1 please also point our brother in the right direction.

fateh

Guru Ji tells us to learn from the stories of our forefathers and you say: 'I have forgotten 1984'. Remember it well so that it never happens again.

We have forgiven everyone, but ask that the criminals who roam free face justice for their own good and others with similar ideas are deterred from committing such crimes on innocent people.

The Shaheeds died for you! These were people who could have cut their kesh and run to other countries to survive (sound familiar) but chose to stand against a huge army. how can you forget?

Re: Gandhi - I am not one to call others bad, but do some research into his true motives and nature. Then decide for yourself whether or not he was a mahatma.

Sarpanch brother,

and who is a goat?

Some people except gulami without any problem. Many people believe if something happen to relgion that's god's hukam but if anything happen to their own family then they are like :o

You have to have on that stage first and then act like bramgyani

bulchuck maaf