Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest _DAS_

Readymade Turbans Online......

31 posts in this topic

wjkk wjkf

please repharase.. if it is readymade, it is NOT turban...

it would be called TOPI or HAT or CAP.

i wudnt advice anyone to wear readymade one... but u can try the local shops where u buy the wedding things.

wjkk wjkf

Hi All,

Can an1 plz suggest as from where i can buy ready made turbans online...

is there any store available?

DAS

Wjkk wjkf ji :)

Im not sure what u mean by 'readymade turban'. Are u looking for them starchy ones people wear as topi? If yes, then id say dont go for it. Its a cap end of the day, plus turban should be tied fresh everytime. If u want to buy the cloth, id say go for rubia, u can buy it from http://www.sikhishop.com. Hope this helps!

Waheguru!

LOOL I want a ready made pugh, on a serious note your dastaar has to be tied everytime

ਕੰਘਾ ਦੋਨੋ ਵਕਤ ਕਰ ਪਾਗ ਚੁਨੈ ਕਰ ਬਾਂਧਈ ॥

ka(n)ghaa dhono vakath kar paag chunai kar baa(n)dhhee ||

Comb your hair twice a daily and re-tie your turban each time your wear it.

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

ਜੋ ਪਗ ਨੂੰ ਬਾਸੀ ਰਖੇ ਸੋ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ। ਇਸ ਲਈ ਹਰ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਲਈ ਲਾਜ਼ਮੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਰੋਜ਼ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਜਾਵੇ।

One who does not tie a fresh turban is liable for penalty. For this reason it is mandatory for every Sikh of the Guru to tie a turban everyday.

Rehitnama Bhai Chaupa Singh

this by far is the funniest topic ever started on here/ i dont know which clown started it. ready made turbans!!!is it a hat???take pride in covering ur head man.

wjkk wjkf

i wudnt advice anyone to wear readymade one... but u can try the local shops where u buy the wedding things.

wjkk wjkf

Please visit www.pagrihouse.com to buy all kind of sikh turbans..

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

dude readymade turbans? not wats hot....if u cant take the time 2 wrap ur turban with love and devotion then maybe your not worthy of wearing one

Busy people these days! Can't take 5 minutes to tie a dastaar!:doh:

I just had an argument with a hindu guy who thought readymade turban was a good buisness idea. On my saying that this is disrespectful -he insisted his cut surd friend in San Ramon buys one and wears it on special occasions. I asked him politely to not judge other dastaar sikhs the same way. There turban is a matter of pride and not just a topi or hat. So please kesdhaari or non-keshdhaari sikhs - please don't make your turban just a piece of clothing. Request from a proud sikhni.

I totally agree that a ready made turban is not for a Sikh.

How do we make sure that such nonsense does not infiltrate future generations that may not know better if they grow up with this?

We do that by courageously and tactfully being bold about what the debate should be about. The debate should be about trimming being completely absurd and counter to sikhi. The debate should be about the asinine act of wearing a baseball cap while representing sikh brothers and sisters. Tact requires that we separate the act from the people. Many people are misled or never had the opportunity to know better. We seem to be afraid of some kind of osama-effect, hence we don't speak up about proper style, etiquette and respect. A Sikh needs to have the graceful fighting ability to know how to get past obstacles to speak up and stick up for Sikhi.

Sikhs need to focus on education and wisdom and speak up against what is ignorant and boorish.

SSA Ji,

We have been watching few posts in different websites which shows SIKH people are really confused about the Turbans. Their most Common question is "Where to buy Turbans". Although turbans are available in shops all around the world however in order to serve the community we have opened a user friendly website where users can buy Turbans of their choices. The turbans will be delivered by Royal Mail, free of charge. Taking this into consideration we are hoping to serve our Sikh community as best we can.

Give us a chance to serve the Sikh of Waheguru.

WGJKK WGJKF

WWW.Turban-Online.Com

WWW.Turbancentre.com (under construction)

There are numerous places selling "ready to wear" turbans. I gather tying the turban is an important part of wearing the turban and all Sikhs should tie their turban...but their are people who call themselves Sikhs who wear ready tied or stitched turbans because they havent always got time to wind it properly.

I suppose this is similar to Christians who call themselves Christians and follow some of the beliefs but fail to attend Church regularly or don't fully comply with the rules of their Church.

Maybe all Religions have followers who have become complacent or lazy and dont fulfill their full obligations. This will obviously offend the more stricter members of the religion, but I think it is still better than not belonging to the religion at all.

Sikhs do not do ready made turbans. If you are Sikh then it is quite concerning that you are thinking about this. Seriously concerning....

Who the hell is selling these turbans ???

These should NOT be confused with sikh dastaar. There are many other faiths and cultures that wear different types of turbans or I would call it headwear, BUT these should not be confused with a tied up sikh turban.

These 'genie' style turbans are probably for theatre and actors as such, they are not to go with your Khakkar of khes.

A sikh with the 5 k's cannot use alternatives, otherwise he is NOT a sikh khalsa because it is not the real khakkar.

This also goes for sikhs that wear a 'Gold karra'- You can wear one as an extra, but it shouldn't replace your original khakker

Who the hell is selling these turbans ???

These should NOT be confused with sikh dastaar. There are many other faiths and cultures that wear different types of turbans or I would call it headwear, BUT these should not be confused with a tied up sikh turban.

These 'genie' style turbans are probably for theatre and actors as such, they are not to go with your Khakkar of khes.

A sikh with the 5 k's cannot use alternatives, otherwise he is NOT a sikh khalsa because it is not the real khakkar.

This also goes for sikhs that wear a 'Gold karra'- You can wear one as an extra, but it shouldn't replace your original khakker

Exactly!

It is much better for all those who use Handkerchiefs and Patkas to attend Sikh Temple, to wear readymade turban; at least it will give them some identity.

Currently majority of Sikhs do not have hair, and they use handkerchiefs, why can they use Ready-made turbans at the time of attending Gurdwaras.

People objecting to this must review their views in the interest if Sikhs

VJKK VJKF perhaps its morte constructive if we first offer such people the seva of helping them to tie their dastar (turban)? Perhaps if the poster notifies us where he lives (region) one of us can help them to tie a distar with love (more than once if required) and to understand the meaning of turban to a sikh. Much better than ridicule someone (thus pushing them away from the path potentially) We were all guided through this life by great Sikhs and mentors.

C'on Guys stop giving this poor guy a hard time. At least he is trying. Iam a Sikh and haven't taken any interest in religion and things have change and I want to know my origin and do the right thing. I also don't know how to tie a turban. Also want to teach my children. Is this how you all treat your brothers who don't know anything?

im a kid but i wear turban but readymade pagh or dastars eh ta topi hai veero sade guru ne kurbani yan es vaas te nai kiti ki asi sare sikkhi nu chad ke eh topi pehne THINK ABOUT THIS

IM A SIKH IF UR SO LEAVE THIS TOPI

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0