I normally put in 4 tablespoons of everything. You will need desi ghee (or unsalted butter), wholegrain atta, sugar and warm water.
1) Put ghee in whatever you’re using to cook and put your gas on to low-medium flame.
2) When the ghee gets sea through put the atta in and start stirring immediately. (Make sure that the ghee doesn’t get hot or your degh will be lumpy).
3) Cook on a low flame and keep stirring or the degh will stick to the pan.
4) When the traditional smell of degh starts to come and the mixture is golden brown put the sugar in.
5) add in the hot water. (Tip: Put it in slowly. You don’t want your degh to have too much water. The degh should come together and shouldn’t really be stuck to the pan