Ban On Short Hair Marriages

anjaan

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

The truth is, up until recently, only Amrtidhari Gursikhs would be allowed to get married in a Gurdwara Sahib, which is when many Sehajdhari's would end up being pushed away from the Gurdwara and end up going to somewhere like a church or a Mandir.

For this reason, the rules were relaxed a bit however it seems that the CGPC has finally realised that it was the wrong move to make.

I mean why is it that these days we are all talking about " how comes there are so many moneh" and " puratan times must have been so chardikala" its because we frankly dont give a damn anymore!

Sikhi is classed as something which is completely on the inside. Yes this is true but think of a fruit tree, if it has all the qualities within, they will naturally grow on the branches on the outside as fruit.

Yes we should work towards becoming pure from within but this is the right step to take to encourage that.

Really and trully speaking, we all know it deep down inside but we dont want to try that little bit harder so we are devising our own Sikhi rules, but we need to stop.

Im not saying that if you are amritdhari you are automatically a great gursikh, however we need to try and follow as much of Guru Sahib Ji's hukam as is known to us, forget everyone else... just concentrate on yourselves.

Sorry for being so harsh, and twice as sorry if I have offended anyone.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only go to the closest amrit sanchar if we are spiritually ready. This is kind of forcing people to take amrit then which will be a paap because what if the person is not ready and breaks it? Will we blame the person for breaking it? Or will we blame the person who forced that individual to take amrit at a time when that individual was not ready. Think about what you're saying people!

It just doesnt make sense no.gif :..: hug.gifunited.gif

I think it should be noted that these prabhandaks are not changing the rules of the Sikhs marriage, but actually FOLLOWING the rules as laid out by the rehit maryada. The lavaa and the whole anand karaj ceremony is a pavitr occasion which not only signifies the joining of the two human souls, but the bride soul with the husband, Vaheguru. If we keep making Sikhi lax, sooner or later people are going to start seeing, oh why dont we let money be panj piyaarey, I mean if we dont, we are pushing them away. There are other ways of doing parchaar, and besides, I dont see how making a mockery of the anad karaaj where it resembles more the vivahaa of the hindus, how this is parchaar. I think we should aim to meet the high standards of SIkhi, instead of bringing it down to suit us.