why prashaad?

sissy

why do we have prashaad? <_< @

and

it is still a good idea?

the global rise in obesity and decrease in activity does not honour sikhi, in my opinion, because it means we are not honouring our bodies. a bit of prashaad once a day is fine and im sure was fine back in the day........

but prashaad nowadays as one of many daily indulgences with choclate, cakes etc does not seem good...we should not let ourselves get so unhelathy that prashaad provision should be questioned because so long as we lead healthy lives, prashaad can be seen in the light of a blessing and perhaps 'treat'

guru angad dev ji established the need for sikhs to honour their bodies by taking care of our bodies early in sikh history (being the 2nd guru!)

as well as tackling big politics we should not forget our sikhi practise on a day to day level.....im a fan of doing simran whilst jogging whilst holding my kara in my hand to keep me going! fauja singh is the perfect example!

random thoughts.......!!!! blush.gif

why do we have prashaad? :wub: @

and

it is still a good idea?

the global rise in obesity and decrease in activity does not honour sikhi, in my opinion, because it means we are not honouring our bodies. a bit of prashaad once a day is fine and im sure was fine back in the day........

but prashaad nowadays as one of many daily indulgences with choclate, cakes etc does not seem good...we should not let ourselves get so unhelathy that prashaad provision should be questioned because so long as we lead healthy lives, prashaad can be seen in the light of a blessing and perhaps 'treat'

guru angad dev ji established the need for sikhs to honour their bodies by taking care of our bodies early in sikh history (being the 2nd guru!)

as well as tackling big politics we should not forget our sikhi practise on a day to day level.....im a fan of doing simran whilst jogging whilst holding my kara in my hand to keep me going! fauja singh is the perfect example!

random thoughts.......!!!! blush.gif

92932[/snapback]

But why cut out the parshad, and leave other indulgences as you describe them in the daily diet? On the other hand, if you were intending they be cut out too, then surely it is not too harmful to leave parshaad as the sole 'treat'.

In issues like this, where it is a case of too much of something, why not maintain the Religious something and cut the rest? Also, you can always ask for less too (Not that this EVER works!!!!) <_<

I LOVE PRASHAAD!!!

I know this is a little off topic but i was one of those kids who couldnt stop buggin the gianiji for more servings. I could sometimes easily go with five to six servings each time. But that was ten years ago...

Back on topic...

I guess its cos many ppl are ignorant of their own health. I live in an asian country and most people are lean. Sadly Punjabis are one of the fattest people around next to south indians. I think temples should incorporate daily exercise sessions all over the world. Followed by a shower and then the paath begins. :nihungsmile:

FATEH!!

khalsa ji, i would lyk 2 show my views abt this..

Parshaad. wot dus it contain? Flour, Butter, Sugar. 3 Sources of highest amout of energy.

And parshaad, if u eat lil in guru ji;s darbaar, its then Gur Parsaad (guru's kirpa) if loads, then its just normal kara parshaad. (read form sant Niranjan Singh Ji's book)

I dont wanna say nething else coz this explains my thoughts..

In issues like this, where it is a case of too much of something, why not maintain the Religious something and cut the rest?
<_<

Bhul CHuk Maaf

FATEH!

Parshaad!!!!! tongue.gif

Have as much Karhah Parshaad you want!

BUT

Also do as much exercise as you can!!! :wub:

Nothing wrong with Parshaad - instead we should be encouraging people to walk and exercise more and not sit around like monks and keep on doing Akhand Paaths and more Akhand Paaths and not have time to go for a nice long walk or even better a jog! <_<

Parshaad!!!!!  tongue.gif    

Have as much Karhah Parshaad you want!

BUT

Also do as much exercise as you can!!! :wub:

Nothing wrong with Parshaad - instead we should be encouraging people to walk and exercise more and not sit around like monks and keep on doing Akhand Paaths and more Akhand Paaths and not have time to go for a nice long walk or even better a jog! :wub:

93079[/snapback]

Its not lyk they actally lisun/contemplate on Akhand Paths <_<

soz 4 being pessimistic..

I agree!

Akhand Paaths = pointless! Unless you read Gurbaani yourself, take your time, don't rush, ensure each word is pronounced accurate as possible and that if we can't read Gurbaani ourselves, we listen ATTENTIVELY to another competent reader to read Gurbaani!

Paying people to read Gurbaani = Makes no sense in regards to Gurmat!

Akhand Paaths = pointless!
Then I guess Bhai Randhir Singh Ji listening to Akhand Paath in one sitting was just a waste of time. Guru Gobind Singh Ji listened to Akhand Paath in one sitting and Baba Deep Singh Ji did it in one sitting.
Paying people to read Gurbaani = Makes no sense in regards to Gurmat!

what do you suggest? Akhand Paaths should be done and money should be paid to Paathis. I see it as thanking them for reading Bani outloud. What's next? Granthis should do everything for free? and Kirtanis at Darbar Sahib shouldn't get paid? Guru Arjan Dev Ji didn't know enough about Sikhi since He used to pay Satta and Balwand for doing Kirtan?? maybe I missed the point. please elaborate. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

there is a spiritual aspect of karah parshad...

if you look at the ingrediants...it's butter, sugar, and flour...in roughtly equal volumes....(and of course water)

these three main ingredients are supposed to represent the trimurti...like how the hindus believe in brahma, shiva, and vishnu...

but since Guru nanak came and preached IK Onkaar...

we mix these three ingredients and make karah parshad...signifying the trasition of philosophy from the three gods to ONE universal God....

i got the above information from bhai veer singh ji's amar lekh book...