why prashaad?

sissy

Sat Sri Akal:

Prashad given in the quantities it is will not cause morbid obesity...being lazy and not exercising will. It is like me eating 1 pizza pie a day and then blaming the Prashad that I am given on the weekend for my fatness...not correct.

As per the Akhand Paath...reading or listening are all good. It is when you pay a Paathi to do a Paath and you are not sitting there listening to it. It's like you think the Almighty is stupid. The Rehat Maryada is clear on this point.

If you read Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's book or Bhai Rama Singh Ji's book - the Akhand Paats which they perform = not just for the sake of an akhand paat but so that they can get close to Gurbaani.

Bhai Rama Singh ji stresses in his book that we should slowly, accurately and corretly read Gurbaani when doing AKhand Paat even if that takes longer than 48 hours ... this is also emphasised in Sikh Rehat Maryada.

We should pay and appreciate people for explaining Gurbaani for us - not for doing what we are supposed to do.

We should read Gurbani, we should do take effort to Sehaj Paat, we should take responsibility of our own actions and not make Sikhi like a comodity where you pay a Gurdwara £200 for an Akhand Paat, chill at Gurdwara in Langar hall, perhaps listenin to 5 mins of paat, then get a siropa and a pat on the back from the Gurdwara Committee at the Bhog.

bhul chuk maaf.

Please check out Panthic Weekly article:

http://www.panthic.org/news/131/ARTICLE/1190/2005-04-03.html

nd not make Sikhi like a comodity where you pay a Gurdwara £200 for an Akhand Paat, chill at Gurdwara in Langar hall, perhaps listenin to 5 mins of paat, then get a siropa and a pat on the back from the Gurdwara Committee at the Bhog.

this is the fault of people not Akhand Paath. Akhand Paath is still being done whether you listen or not. Your original post said "akhand paath = pointless" but you should've written "only paying for akhand paath and not listening to bani = pointless"

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

righty ho,

why is karah prashad served?

karah prashad is heavy because of the following reasons...

1. people came from the corners of india to see guru sahib (as well as other places). so anyway, they would be hungry. hence langar

if someone does not want the proper meal, why not go to guru darbar and eat there? and then because its so heavy, you wont have an exucse for why you wont concentrate on gurbani.

but aaj kal di people just go in for prashad and get out ASAP. i remember once a child saying to his mum "wen can i have prashad" while ardas was being said. no.gif

so why is it cut with the kirpaan?

kirpaan represents shakti, your bring kirpa from sachkhand to the food eaten. hence why its cut.

so if kirpa is brought down, should karah prashad be stopped at darbar?

a pathetic Q, yet with a simple answer.

NO!

whoever eats it, have kirpa on them. that kirpa should be taken away because of what? having a sumo belly?

karah prashad should be taken in small quanitities, thats when you get the kirpa, karah prashad scooped on a plate is just karah prashad. nothing much. small quanitity and you have the kirpa.

gustaphi maaf

Hehehe,

I think there is a point here.... keep up the excercise and have a good balanced diet, rise early, infuse your mind with love for Waheguru by contemplating his name in the early hours, do seva...

These are all things for a healthy good balanced lifestyle... nothing in sikhi is meant to make people fat, or unhealthy...

everything in it's right amount!! LOL.gif

There are these reasons for all these things. I'm begining to see that one way to truly appreciate this wonderful way of life, is by trying to follow it as closely as possible, and see the benefits flourish!

:)

i say that is truuee nice explaination bro

righty ho,

why is karah prashad served?

karah prashad is heavy because of the following reasons...

1. people came from the corners of india to see guru sahib (as well as other places). so anyway, they would be hungry. hence langar

if someone does not want the proper meal, why not go to guru darbar and eat there? and then because its so heavy, you wont have an exucse for why you wont concentrate on gurbani.

but aaj kal di people just go in for prashad and get out ASAP. i remember once a child saying to his mum "wen can i have prashad" while ardas was being said.  no.gif

so why is it cut with the kirpaan?

kirpaan represents shakti, your bring kirpa from sachkhand to the food eaten. hence why its cut.

so if kirpa is brought down, should karah prashad be stopped at darbar?

a pathetic Q, yet with a simple answer.

NO!

whoever eats it, have kirpa on them. that kirpa should be taken away because of what? having a sumo belly?

karah prashad should be taken in small quanitities, thats when you get the kirpa, karah prashad scooped on a plate is just karah prashad. nothing much. small quanitity and you have the kirpa.

gustaphi maaf

93401[/snapback]