Hell

Ryu Hayabusa

I was reading this:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=1013

and it says there are 28 hells (Does it say this in SGGS)? I always thought that When we are dieing Jaamdoots takes us to Yam Raaj to determine our good & bad deeds and then it is decided what we will reincarnate as. I did not know there were hells beyond earth. Can someone please explain this to me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

One book I can think of off hand on the subject is Undittee dunia by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee..

Yes all heavens and hells other religions speak of exist.. and they can/cannot be included in punishment.

A gursikh once told me it can take a soul as long as 7 years to get to dharam rajs court.. to get there it takes a long journey through hells and torments with jamdhoots attacking u right and left.. those that have naam kamahee can make this long journey easier..

i just want to say few words that i didn't even click on the link ..... I would not even bother worrying about such #'s of hells or what so ever regarding anothers speculation. All it is Specuation, don't make your mind fall in more confusion that it already is in. Don't read too much into something that will make no difference in the end.

What will you gain from knowing that there are 28 hells?? will that make you sin less??? i doubt it, if you are not scared from 1 hell i don't think you will be scared from 100 hells.

All it is Specuation, don't make your mind fall in more confusion that it already is in. Don't read too much into something that will make no difference in the end.

What will you gain from knowing that there are 28 hells?? will that make you sin less??? i doubt it, if you are not scared from 1 hell i don't think you will be scared from 100 hells.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ agreed JIS KA SAHIB DAADAA HOE TISNU MAAR NA SAAKE KOE. ^_^

From my limited knowledge, souls can be sent to hells or heavens depending on their sins, good deeds, beliefs, worship, etc. However, these places aren't eternal, and after serving their time there (as determined by dharam raaj), these souls then get sent back into the cycle of reincarnation, which can also be like a hell I suppose. Pure Gursikhs can bypass all this and not even have to wait for any judgement by dharam raaj. Jamdhoots don't come near them either. They are taken straight to Vaahiguru.

I really don't care if there are 14 hells or 1400 but what I'm trying to understadn is we pay for our sins in hell and in reincarnation?

If you just sit there without knowing and try to shut someone down who seeks knowledge, then I can't respect that.

my apologies, i didn't mean for you to take what i said in that manner, i was takling from experience that when you begin to feel the Anand from wahegurus name, the questions that you have begin carry no meaning and all that matters is the feeling, the love.

My advice is to go to www.srigranth.org/ type in the word hell, im sure you'll find your answer.

As for knowledge of heaven and hell i came across the following quotes

Page 24

SIREE RAAG, FIRST MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

Make good deeds the soil, and let the Word of the Shabad be the seed; irrigate it continually with the water of Truth. Become such a farmer, and faith will sprout. This brings knowledge of heaven and hell, you fool! || 1 || Do not think that your Husband Lord can be obtained by mere words. You are wasting this life in the pride of wea

lth and the splendor of beauty. || 1 || Pause || The defect of the body which leads to sin is the mud puddle, and this mind is the frog, which does not appreciate the lotus flower at all. The bumble bee is the teacher who continually teaches the lesson. But how can one understand, unless one is made to understand? || 2 || This speaking and listening is like the song of the wind, for those whose minds are colored by the love of Maya. The Grace of the Master is

bestowed upon those who meditate on Him alone. They are pleasing to His Heart. || 3 || You may observe the thirty fasts, and say the five prayers each day, but 'Satan' can undo them. Says Nanak, you will have to walk on the Path of Death, so why do you bother to collect wealth and property? || 4 || 27 ||

Page-337

GAUREE POORBEE:

Don't wish for a home in heaven, and donít be afraid to live in hell. Whatever will be will be, so donít get your hopes up in your mind. || 1 || Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, from whom the most excellent treasure is obtained. || 1 || Pause || What good is chanting, penance or self-mortification?

What good is fasting or cleansing baths, unless you know the way to worship the Lord God with loving devotion? || 2 || Donít feel so delighted at the sight of wealth, and donít weep at the sight of suffering and adversity. As is wealth, so is adversity; whatever the Lord proposes, comes to pass. || 3 || Says Kabeer, now I know that the Lord dwells within the hearts of His Saints; that servant performs the best service, whose heart is filled with the Lord.

I did notice that many times this line or similar to being " reincarnated into heaven and hell" is repeated in the SGGS.

The mortal is reincarnated, again and again, into heaven and hell.

what my Budhi tell me that heaven and hell is no other than earth.

Think of heaven and hell as a mother lures her child to sweet things if he does good and punishes her if hes done bad. Think of it as that nothing more.

my apologies again

Waheguru