Did we even need Khalistan?

UntitledSingh

Sat Sri Akal

Yes, I think everything that happened in 84 war horrible and at that time Khalistan would have prevented many deaths. But before 1984 why was Khalistan important, many famous authors and web sites say that it would help the Sikh religion to flourish and become pure. I for one am glad that we did not get Khalistan, Guru Nanak Dev Ji taugh that religions can and should live together. If we got Khalistan how we will be no different then the Hindus or Muslims. I believe God chose the Sikh people to live with everyone.

Sat Sri Akal.....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal

Yes, I think everything that happened in 84 war horrible and at that time Khalistan would have prevented many deaths. But before 1984 why was Khalistan important, many famous authors and web sites say that it would help the Sikh religion to flourish and become pure. I for one am glad that we did not get Khalistan, Guru Nanak Dev Ji taugh that religions can and should live together. If we got Khalistan how we will be no different then the Hindus or Muslims. I believe God chose the Sikh people to live with everyone.

Sat Sri Akal.....

Sat Sri Akal

.... If we got Khalistan how we will be no different then the Hindus or Muslims. I believe God chose the Sikh people to live with everyone.

Sat Sri Akal.....

95698[/snapback]

Then why don't you advocate for the dismantling of the seperate nations of pakistan and india? That would be a start, there probably use to be no border per se between any country in asia, the middle east and europe. You would advocate for the dismantling of all those nations too right?

You live in a home with borders, you have walls, a property line. You take care to respect the autonomy of your neighbours by not treating their place as if it was your home. BUT this does not mean that you don't live with everyone.

Think about it a bit more and elaborate on what you have posted above.

Easy for moderates to say, but there are those who don't give up and will try to use sikhism as a way of getting what they want. They will tell the rest of us that your not a true sikh if you dont want khalistan, and will therefore will justify the killing of moderates to get there goal. THis is happening with other radical groups today. However, there will ppl who will rise up to say that violence is not the way, like sant jarnail. We need ppl to rise up and stop anyone from going down the patht hat some other groups have gone down. Khalistan should not be made by the blood of other, i have confidence that it won't. No sikh group is not like that - yet.

Gandhi-Nanak%20X.jpg

Sat Sri Akal

Sat Sri Akal.....

95698[/snapback]

Vahegurooo Ji Ka Khalsaaah, Vahegurooo Ji Ka Fateeeh!

This is a very typical punjabi mentality-based question-response, Bhai Sahib a few years back I had the same thoughts as you and I did ask the same questions as you but never got the responses because the Gursikhs here werent present when the events of before and afetr independence occurred. One really needs to self-research on what occurred and what the leaders at that time their-thoughts were on the whole issue.

However, I am currently working on a Powerpoint presentation (example screen shot enclosed), which will give you a clear notion through the responses of those Hindu-political leaders (Mohandas Randhi, Bandit Nehru 6.0, Dr Rajendra Prasad) on what they felt about Sikhi, the Guru Sahibs and the Khalsa Panth and how the affects of preceding and subsequent independence has effected the self-governing aspects of Sikhi which has led to the current plight of the Khalsa-Panth and to its current predicaments.

Vahegurooo Ji Ka Khalsaaah, Vahegurooo Ji Ka Fateeeh!

Sat Sri Akal

.... If we got Khalistan how we will be no different then the Hindus or Muslims. I believe God chose the Sikh people to live with everyone.

Sat Sri Akal.....

95698[/snapback]

Then why don't you advocate for the dismantling of the seperate nations of pakistan and india? That would be a start, there probably use to be no border per se between any country in asia, the middle east and europe. You would advocate for the dismantling of all those nations too right?

You live in a home with borders, you have walls, a property line. You take care to respect the autonomy of your neighbours by not treating their place as if it was your home. BUT this does not mean that you don't live with everyone.

95700[/snapback]

Great reponse Buddasingh Ji.

Question for untitled singh ..what do you do when the verse Raj Karega Khalsa comes up in Ardas? Do you just keep silent and miss it out of your Ardas?

95700[/snapback]

Question for untitled singh ..what do you do when the verse Raj Karega Khalsa comes up in Ardas? Do you just keep silent and miss it out of your Ardas?

95703[/snapback]

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Buddasingh I know this answer will be very surpassing, but Yes I believe there is no need to put borders all over the world. Just imagine a world like that, free of borders, just one world flag. Because of these borders that people create there is false pride everywhere.

Birkramjit when I hear the words RAJ KAREGA KHALSA I dont think to myself that one day the Sikhs will have power of the entire world, Raj Karega Khalsa means that the Sikh(Khalsa) way of life will be successful.

Sat Sri Akal

Sat Sri Akal.....

95698[/snapback]

95700[/snapback]

95703[/snapback]

I suggest you read about "Raj Karega Khalsa" in a bit more depth. It is certainly does not mean what you are espousing.

Also Raj Karega Khalsa certainly does not equal Khalistan. The Khalsa has existed for centuries wheras khalistan is the brianchild of a few radicals (many of whom were quite happy to be MLA etc in India until they passed over for ministerial roles just like those who advocated Sikhistan in the 1960s). Also I have never understood how anyone can corrupt the word Khalsa to Khalis. Can anyone explain how the Khalsa was corrupted to Khalis.