think of it as a test from god

if u keep the hair it will only make u stronger

i knw its hard especially for sum1 like me

i waxed/shaved/plucked/electrolysis n all that

n i wanan become amritdhari also one day

but i dun think i'l stil do all these after becoming amritdhari

cuz u cant penji

its against sikhi u knw

nn wenever i c a sikh amritdhari gurl who holds her head up high regardless off her facial hair n wha other ppl think of her, i hav so much respect for her in my eyes

i wanna become like that one day

but then again wen i c amritdhari gurls who bleach and think they're 'cheatin' god by not removing the hair but bleaching it, it hurts cuz they're actually cheatin themselves

u cant bleach either cuz it burns ur hair therefore damaging and ur not suposed to damage or remove hair that god gave u rite

so i think the answer to ur question is no u cant remove facial hair wen u become amritdhari

slowly u'll realize that wha ppl think of u doesnt matter

cuz guru ji gave u ur face including all the facial hair and he woudl nevr want his children to b ugly

every1 is beautiful in their own way

n it only matter wha guru ji thinks of us not other ppl on this world who probably wont b here tomorrow

bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total respect goes to my sisters- being a Singh isn't a 1000th as difficult as being a Singhni. I'm the biggest hairiest bloke on the forum and have had a testosterone overdose ever since the age of 13. I had a full dara when most people my age didn't have muccha and have always stood out like a sore thumb. Over time you learn to turn this to your advantage- if people are going to stare at you then make sure you have something to say :TH:

Having to deal with the brunt of society's pressures must be difficult to say the least. However, you also have a unique opportunity- it's only you that can really inspire the next generation of sikhs. For me it isn't the tough singhs or shaheeds that inspire me and give me hope it's all those they left behind that had no income and that society would deem had no chance of survival. Yet these Singhnia have so much spiritual strength that they bring up entire lone parent families alone as well as earning income and on top of this deal with all the shhh society and even the police have to dish out to them. They are fearless beyond fearless and a continuous source of strength. Try and follow the paths of these role models that faced more difficulties than most people will go through in a 1000 lifetimes.

:doh:

http://SikhLionz.com/Women.htm

http://www.SikhNariManch.com

http://www.SikhWomen.com

:)