if u see sumthing wrong

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh...

well on sunday a friend came up to me and told me that she has a friend who goes behind her parent's back and does make-up, fashion, and date...so she wants to know whether she shud tell her mom...i think she shud...cuz as sikhs we shudn't help others steal/lie...etc...and we shudn't stand for sumthing wrong....

any suggestions?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh...

instead of your friend running to her parents and telling them everything, perhaps she/he should take a good look at her friend and try to understand her situation, why she does the things she does. Not everything is solved by brining in parents, some parents over-react to the behaviour of their children. If she is truely her friend then she will sit with her and have a one on one talk and express her concerns and views on whatever that needs to be brought out.

One step at a time. Talk with her first...personally i don't see wearing makeup or wearing fashionalbe clothes a crime....why would her parents be upset if she is wearing make-up? Ithink her real issue is wanting to be accepted in the social lifestyle of her peers...but then agian i don't know her story...I think you should provide us with a little more info to better understand her situation. Is she Amritdhari? are her parents Amritdhari as they are forcing her to conform to their lifestyle if she is not Amritdhari??

*sarcasm* Great way to gain that friends trust...now we can all rat each other out *end sarcasm*...that is the last thing you want to do...talk to that person and try to reason with her. if not get some one else who u can trust to talk to her. last option is telling her parents

PENJI, I AGREE WITH THE LOT YOU SHOULD FIRST APPROACH YO FRIEND AND LET HER KNOW THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED AND SHE WOULD KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS WATCHING HER AND AS PHEENA PAJI SAID WE DO NEED MOREDETAILS BUT AGAIN ITS UPTO U TO HANDLE IT FIRST ON YO OWN AS U SEEMS TO BE CLOSE TO YO FRIEND....

MY 2 CENTS

okay...i guess i do need to provide more info...so here goes:

well i have a friend who has a friend....her friend's parents are really strict about their daughter wearing make-up and dating (she's punjabi...so ofcourse they're strict) anywayz...my friend is concerened that when her friend's mom finds out...they'll send her to india and get her married and she doesn't want that for her friend (they're only in seventh grade)...so i told her to tell her mom and then her mom can decide whether it is wise to tell her frien'd parents...

hope tht helps...

okay...i guess i do need to provide more info...so here goes:

well i have a friend who has a friend....her friend's parents are really strict about their daughter wearing make-up and dating (she's punjabi...so ofcourse they're strict) anywayz...my friend is concerened that when her friend's mom finds out...they'll send her to india and get her married and she doesn't want that for her friend (they're only in seventh grade)...so i told her to tell her mom and then her mom can decide whether it is wise to tell her frien'd parents...

hope tht helps...

98133[/snapback]

she's wearing make-up and dating when she's in the seventh grade?! Rnts wanna do what now?!?! :) @

.... wacko.gif

I think we all need to..chillax...stop dating.... and let kids be kids.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• the whole 'your husband/wife is chosen for you'/sanjog thing is real, it's just that a lot of people end up marrying the wrong person. they did not end up with the person that was meant for them. my friend, you should marry someone who you feel a connection with and love. there are millions of sikh girls, i'm sure you can find someone who aligns with your sensibilities and who you can truthfully say that you love. sikhi does not say anything against love marriages. you can also be in a loveless arranged marriage which is a safe option b/c both families are more inclined to keep the union intact. i was one of those people who was like meh, i guess i'll just get arranged to some sikh. well i finally started dating for the first time this year and i'm getting married to someone that i love and cannot even imagine leaving. i think it's better to have lost & lost than never loved at all. unfortunately, a lot of people confuse love w/ looks & lust. a lot of men go for the fittest girl they can find and think they won the jackpot or something. in reality, your partner should be like an extremely loved best friend. there's a reason why it's a fact that the most stable and long-lasting relationships started as friendships.  i also think a lot of women are petty and divorce over small reasons, but there's other terrible things like high cheating rates as well. that's why the divorce rate in the west is high. be careful out there.
    • andrew tate praises sikhi too & likes sikhs. his brother also donated to sikh families iirc. they just like any "alpha" religion and tbh islam is the most "alpha" in their eyes. islam is very good at promoting that image. but imo a real alpha man doesn't command respect by beating up his wive(s) or forcing them to wear a burqa. a real man will have his woman listen to him w/o raising a hand or his voice, and command respect by being respectful. he leads by example and integrity. that's true masculinity. you get the idea. + yes, it's definitely true that islam is growing rapidly and making massive inroads. strength in numbers + belief will do that. but rlly it's just because of the birth rate. a lot of them are muslim b/c it's their "identity" just like how a lot of young sikhs will say they're "culturally sikh" or whatever. there just aren't billions of sikhs who lambast their identity everywhere and have strict and linear rules like in islam. besides, the reality is that islam and its followers are some of the most morally bankrupt. you can see all the weird trans rules in iran, bacche baazi in afghanistan, visiting brothels, watching p*rn, p*dophilia what goes on behind the scenes in countries like uae & qatar, etc, and come to your conclusions. you can google all the stats yourself and see which countries do the most of these ^.   
    • stop associating with hinduism, that's the absolutely worst thing you can do as a sikh. not sure if you noticed but the entire world looks down upon and spits at india & hindus, literally no one respects them and considers them weak and cowardly. literally 1+ billion of them but not perceived as a strong religion commandeering respect. 
    • you wrote a whole lot but told us nothing. what exactly did you do wrong to make you feel this way?

Important Information

Terms of Use