REMEMBERENCE MARCH 1984

anjaan

Unfortunately, not able to attend the Sikh Youth Raensabai Keertan at Gurdwara Nanaksar, 4 Wellington Street, Pleck, Walsall.

Assume there was an excellent turnout and the event was a great succcess. A short report on Sikh Sangat from some of those present would be most helpful.

Hopefully, the Sikh Youth are prepared/preparing for the Rally and March for Remembrance, Justice and Freedom on Sunday 12th June in central LONDON.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended last year and it was a nice event, however I find myself questioning the point of these marches, it receives very little or no publicity and it has achieved nothing in the years it has been held. It is a sad day to see the Sikhs holding Gandhi-style protests and betraying soorma like Baba Deep Singh. We have ceased in being proactive, why are we shouting about our woes instead of taking action.

In fact, I have started becoming very disillusioned with the state of Sikhi, institutes like the SGPC have fallen decades ago and now the Taksal, I see no light, nobody to lead the Panth, every where I look I see traitors, we ignore affairs in Punjab and fail to realise the devastating consequences if we continue to do so.

Most of us have become arm chair Sikhs who care little for the Panth.

I attended last year and it was a nice event, however I find myself questioning the point of these marches, it receives very little or no publicity and it has achieved nothing in the years it has been held. It is a sad day to see the Sikhs holding Gandhi-style protests and betraying soorma like Baba Deep Singh. We have ceased in being proactive, why are we shouting about our woes instead of taking action.

In fact, I have started becoming very disillusioned with the state of Sikhi, institutes like the SGPC have fallen decades ago and now the Taksal, I see no light, nobody to lead the Panth, every where I look I see traitors, we ignore affairs in Punjab and fail to realise the devastating consequences if we continue to do so.

102448[/snapback]

In the end Waheguru is our only saviour and companion. My Sikh brothers and sisters the world plays out its drama but Waheguru, the supreme light and spirit of the universe, will never desert you as long as you dont desert the lord.

Nanak naam char di Kala, Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhalla

102448[/snapback]

VEEER JI THAT IS MORE REASON FOR YOU TO BECOME A POORAN GURISKH , IF THERE IS NO SIKH LEADER THEN YOU BECOME THE NEXT LEADER YOU BEOCME THE BEST GURSIKH YOU FOLLOW SIKHI THE WAY GURU JI WANTED US TO. IF WE WANT TO HONOUR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BECOME SHAHEED SO THAT WE CAN CALL OURSELVES SIKHS , THEN WE NEED TO STEP FORWARD AND GIVE OUR HEADS TO GURU JI, FOR EVERY SINGH OR SINGHNI THAT HAS BEEN MURDERED WE SHOULd REPLACE WITH ATLEAST FIVE. SER JAVAAY TA JAAVAY MEREE SIKHI SIDHIK NAAH JAVAAY

If you don't believe it receives enough publicity then do something about it. Have you contacted your local papers, your local TV and radio stations, your MP? Please don't leave it up to others - be proactive yourself.

One very important achievement of these demonstrations is education; I find more and more youngsters attend and want to learn more; they also want to protest and to show their feelings. Many of them have gained their education about these events and their desire to learn more as a result of attending such events. We're not just informing the public but ourselves as well.

The march and rally are not the be all and end all of activities - they are but one component. Have you attended Sikh Lobby Days in Parliament - many of these issues are now being taken quite seriously by MPs. If not then please attend these as well - you'll find many Sikhs actively taking things forward and informing MPs about many issues. No one is saying that this is an immediate process - but we have to do something. If there are other things that you want to see done - please do them. Organise and ask others to help. Or join in with others.

This is no reason to give up. There are many problems and there are many different battles to fight. If more people got involved and offered their assistance to the small band of over worked Sikh sevadaars then we could move forwards more effectively.

I'm going to assume that "we" includes "you". In which case recognizing this problem is a good step. Now do something about it.

Incidently everyone at the march on Sunday is *not* an arm chair Sikh.

So come along, print a leaflet and hand it out. If your can't knock up a leaflet then take some from others on the day and hand them out. Engage the general public in conversation and show your support for this essential event.

In the spirit of your first paragraph do something proactive and keep doing something proactive.

Think globally - act locally. Something is better than nothing.

See you there on Sunday!