Who here has Taken Amrit

Pheena

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji k akhalsa waheguru jiki fateh jio

with Guru sahib jis kirpa...i was adopted by Him with vikcy veer ji, i was 20 yrs old, but now 3-4 weeks old only rolleyes.gif . so many people from khalsa family supported me and did prayers to Guru sahib, and finally Guru pitta maharaj picked me up, held me...sat me in his Lap and blessed me with new life blush.gif

to tell u...i was soo happy hana for weeks that i was goan take amrit, but day before amrit, kaljug put me thru so much. so many doubts pop up....askin my self ..u sure u wana do this, are u makin the right decizion...etc etc. i was so scared, would i be able to live up to the rahet, would i be able to obey the hukum...etc etc....was scary, till i got to Gurudawara,and heard sweet gurbani kirtan

and saw so many of me singh/singhnee sisters...

so mnay thinsg happen.

i would suggest whom eva wants to take amrit hana ji, start going to gurdwara 1 week before u take amrit...listen to bani in the moring and evenin, and if there is goan be AKhand paths ..then listen to as much banni as u can.

i couln't attend the whole thing, wasn't there went Akhand paths were going on. i felt that i missed out a lot, i couldnt attend the whole asa di // and eveeing kirtans.... i jus don't want anyof u to miss out. cuz it effects u sooo much.

if u can't go to gurdwara for 7 days..jus

go and listen to akhand paths for sureee....

thats all i wana tell u guys...u will see why im saying this then:)

i regret it so much that i didnt go and sat with sangat all those days when Paths and kirtan was going on :umm:

but i guess Guru sahib ji had bigger plans..he wanted me to realize my mistake ..and tell thsi to others so they dont do the same thing, and wanted u guys to get mosst lahha out of those moments.

bhul chuk muaff karni

much piyyaar

waheguru

Guest balwinderkaur
balwinderkaur ji, do u tink dat eva sinc u hav took amrit, u hav alwez dun evrytin dat an Amritdhari dus? im not tryin 2 b mean or netin but it juss seems that havin amrit at the age of 12 is very young and that it is very hard not to break it, n i can honestly say that i have not met ne1 yet that can say, "I have took amrit, and i have never broken it in my life". there are loadza people in dis world, and mayb cos of this i havnt rele seen others around me, but i still tink dat at d age of 12 it will be unbelievable for ne1 to do amrit, and keep it for the rest of their lives.

bhul chhuk maaf karni ji

Fair dinkum veerjee/bhainjee gagan!!!! You've hit the nail on the head. As an amritdhari, I live a/c to the rehat maryaadaa. If I have made any mistakes in the process, I humbly seek Gurujis pardon. None of us are perfect enough to be flawless amritdharees. If you're saying that taking amrit at 12 is too young, then i suggest you have a good,long talk with Manjot Veerjee a.k.a Mkhalsa and ask him how he's been living with rehat and the demands of being an amritdhari ever since he was 5. You can talk to others too..those who took amrit in teenage yrs such as SOGGSJ. I believe age is NEVER a barrier to anything we do, and this doesnt ring more true when it comes to taking amrit. Amrit's a personal commitment btw u and Guruji. A person's bodily age does NOT reflect h

is/her level of intellect and ability to discern. If that was so, I think the world would never have seen any child prodigies. Gagan jee, once again, if you think 12 is too young to take amrit, then I suggest you reflect on the pavitar jeevan of our Sahibzadays,notably,Sahibzada Zoravar and Fateh Singh Jee, who were below 10 when they received amrit di daat . Whatever it is, let me reiterate that I believe age is never a barrier when it comes to taking amrit.......whatever age you're at, if you KNOW you are ready, if you are WILLING to shoulder the demands of being in Guruji's school, then i say go ahead and take amrit. Let not your bodily age be a barrier to cultivating a beautiful,special relationship with Guroo Maharaaj. Bhool chook di khima. VAAHEGUROO JEE KA KHALSAA VAAHEGUROO JEE KI FATEH.!!!!

P.S.: amrit doesn't break....its your love for amrit and your commitment towards it that breaks. :umm: