Ahhh something positive !

S1ngh

This email just really made my day blush.gif ...

_______

Dear Mr.Singh,

I wanted to write you and tell you that your Sikhs in World Wars video very nearly made me weep.

No, I am not a Sikh, however noth myself and my husband had family members who fought in World War II, mine in North Africa, and his in Burma, with U.S, forces, and both of our relatives encountered Sikh soldiers who had a very great impact upon their lives. In the case of my uncle -----', he lived because a Sikh soldier carried him when he was wounded in North Africa.IN the case of my husband, his uncle also was saved once by a Sikh soldier, unfortunately for them both, they later perished by a Japanese sword.

I must admit that I had known a few Sikhs back in my college days over 20 years ago, but I never really took the time to learn about their religion and culture. The news of the terrible hate crimes committed against some members of your community since 9-11 has awakened memories of walking with my uncle as a small girl, and seeing a man in a turban, and my uncle telling me that the man was a "Singh", and that in his opinion they were the bravest men he had ever known.

Truly, I am very sorry for the ignorance that has hurt so many of your community, and believe me, I do know what it is like to be afraid since 9-11,as I am an Arab American, and even though my family has been here since the 1920's,and I am a Christian, I have been subjected to a few incidents of prejudice, mostly when I cover my head in public.

Currently I am doing research into World War II, and I was very happy to find your video,as I had never seen most of the photographs from that era that you chose for your film.Please be proud, and know that your people indeed have a "Veteran's Day", in more than one country!Their bravery and sacrifice have not been forgotten.

Best Regards,

----

----, PA

:doh: waheguru :)

ji that didnt only make ur day. its so nice to hear other people appreciating the great sacrifices made by Singhs. and to hear stories of our forfathers who put their life on the line....

such brave men..... we have so much to learn from them....

waheguru

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I remember about 8 years ago, myself and some Gursikhs were climbing Snowden in north UK. As we were approaching the summit, an elderly englishman came up to me. he was walking downwards. He smiled and approached stating he had served in Ludhiana during the commonwealth. He spoke really highly of sikhs, and was slightly emotional at seeing another sikh.

Makes you glad the previous generations had such a good impact on people.

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Vjkk Vjkf

:doh:

Many of our Grandfathers were prob in the Army, ma Grandfather was in the Sikh Regiment, they fought in the 2nd world war. They have so many medals, and i wish i had asked them about these wars and found out more about the Sikh Regiment, whilst they were still alive.

I am told that the Indian Army was only famous for the Sikhs, Sikhs were SOOO brave, front line. it has been said that they even ran towards their enemies with bombs strapped around them (if anyone knows anymore about this, pls post).

Theres also thsi beautiful photo of the Sikhs in the Army walking with Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in front of them, near hte battlefield. This is how much pyar they had, which is one of the reasons why they were so respected.

My GreatGrandfather is still alive, Guru Kirpa, and he was telling me about the war and the one thing that stuck with me was how disciplined the Sikh men were in the army. no alcohol, meat.. did their paath.... and yea like Ranz Killa said, they had so much pyaar for Guru Ji. Hopefully i'll be going back to India soon, and if i get the chance again Guru Kirpa, i will make another video and ask him to talk all about the wars and Sikhs. (He loves to tell stories :doh: so it wont be hard)They do have some pictures, i'll try to get those if I can to post. :) they are really nice pics of all the men in his regiment (think thats how u spell it) all Sikh men.

We have such a rich history. We all know of some story that our grandparents may have told us about. I encourage people to tell their grandparents that they want to interview them on home video one day and do it. Whether it's a story about partition, ww1 ww2 or something else, preserving our history ensures that we have a future.

If we know of non-sikhs who served with sikhs or had other experiences with sikhs we may wish to interview them also. One day someone will set up a website to put these interviews on. Right?