• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why??????????

100158[/snapback]

iqRXw rwg sunih icq lwie ] sunhu lwl so jmpuir jwie ]17]

thriyaa raag sunehi chith laae || sunahu laal so jamapur jaae ||17||

Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention, listen Nand Lal Jee, they will be punished by the angel of death.;

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae || saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

Ang 820 Guru Arjan Dev Jee Raag Bilaaval full shabad http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3087

Not all rap is lustful or has dirty lyrics.

I can give you a slew of artists who don't fit into that category.

Thats most of the music I listen to.

"Conscious" rap as some call it. "Backpacker"etc..

You can listen to other types of music, just be aware of what your listening to.

Think about it yourself. if it feels right then go for it. if it feels wrong then dont.

What person says another will give a different oppinion. Like the above qoute "Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention"

Someone might say you can listen, jst not concentrate on the lyrics, jst the tunes in the back..

Make a decision and consult your Guru on it, ie see what he says when you talk to him about it.

WJKK WJKF

i kinda listen to Bone Thugs, Kayzie Bone, things like that , they normally rap bout killing, death, drugs, onli a lil bit lustfull

o yea and money

They are the most fastest rappers that i like, so i can understand it, but i pay no attention, but if some person that never heard them before, they would probally not understand them cus they go so fast.

Well I think we have to see what we want to become. If the lyrics or the music makes us think about "bad" stuff or deviate ur thinking frm Waheguru then its not recomended. Listening to devotional music is good, in a way tht it leaves u will the simran or rememberance of God and is blissful. Also devotional song has good music also, so it is the best.

I let go of this a LOOONGGGG time ago ... i use to listen to mad Reggae, Hiphop n all ... now i just listen to kirtan and i dont feel like listening to dat other stuff anymore....

.... it just doesnt flow .... u listen to kirtan on day .... then u listen to dat english/bhangra crap da next day .... i guarantee u it will be in ur head when u sit down to do simran or paath....

.... its totally up to the person if he or she wants to but i personally think theres no point when u have hype kirtan by bhai manpreet singh or dhulla ji !!!!!!! :nihungsmile:

:doh:

I HATE BHANGRA EVERY SONG IS LUSTFULLL

nee hoo is this like devotional music

http://ripway.com/members/getfile.asp?file...011\Folder Name\86010%2Dsmitty%5Fboy%2Denya%5Ftrack%5B1%5D%2Emp3

copy and paste all that link in to ur browser