Babli doing drugs angers Sikhs!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sat sri akal to all :T:

mai sirf aina kaina chaona waan kee sadi community aine insecure nahin hegi je kee ek hindi film onu badnaam kar paave.

as for regarding a sikh girl doing drugs tell me one thing- even drinking is prohibited in guru granth sahib jee but then also 90% of us sikhs drink(IN FACT WE ARE FAMOUS FOR OUR DRINKING CAPACITY :nihungsmile: ) ,so if we make a hue and cry over ciggaretes or drugs then it would be plain hypocrisy.

we shd give artistic freedom and act mature.don't get motivated by wht sgpc or the akalis say,their main aim is to make a propaganda out of nothing but also don't ignore the issues which is of genuine concern.

the whole world known tht sikhs are brave,hard working and god fearing ppl,these types of films won't make any difference.one more point is tht if we keep creating issues all the time then we would be labelled as fundamentalists and backwards,we also have to make sure tht we remain in the mainstream.

and as for khalistan as some ppl here are very supportive of plz give me 10 reasons -WHY KHALISTAN IF MADE WOULD NOT BECOME A FAILED STATE?

WAHEGURU JEE DAA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JEE DEE FATEH

the fact of the matter is, is that movies like these encourage children of an impressionable age to think that this is socially acceptable. More over, it is by the <banned word filter activated> parents who will sit down and watch this with their kids. This starts a thread. Before you start defending movies like these, start thinking about the effect media has over people.

100671[/snapback]

I'm not actively defending the film in question nor Bollywood, I have merely pointed out that whatever is being shown is not too far off the mark as far as reality is concerned.

I have not said its ok for them to do this, just because I feel they are showing an aspect what happens to be going on in reality does not mean that I am defending them.

Peace.

as for regarding a sikh girl doing drugs tell me one thing- even drinking is prohibited in guru granth sahib jee but then also 90% of us sikhs drink(IN FACT WE ARE FAMOUS FOR OUR DRINKING CAPACITY  )

Hmmm.. Paji i see where u comin from with that, but correct me if im wrong, i think its more of a PANJABI thing, than a Sikh thing.. well it aint a SIKH thing at all really..

speakin up this topic, i believe it is this, because, i work with these two Hindu Panjabis, who have come from panjab, and they drink alot, and we were talkin about drinkin, and one thing that got me thinkin is when one of them said

"Well, we're from Panjab, you tell me any other state in India that can compete with us in drinkin.."

And i think thats true.. as Panjabi's, a lot drink..

However, Lets always remember, Sikhi aint jst a religion, its a Way of life.. and IF we are Sikhs.. then we wont be drinking anyway, cos we can only be sikhs, by following what Guru ji is saying to do, and what not to do..?

Think the whole bollywood problem with sikhi is, that it potrays us as we all junglies or somthin really, cos the actors have turbans or somthin with the Roop of Guru ji, a Turban itself is a a Crown to us, from Guru ji. it is our identity from far..

Mehtab Singh paji, i agree wit u, both points Are Valid, cos it does go on nowadays, but i really honestly believe that a lot of people are coming towards Guru ji and Sikhi and are learning about Sikhi more, and know the things what to do and not what to do. Not forgetting, any non Sikhs / non Asians who do not know what sikhi is, and seeing films or seeing Sikhs publicised this way in the Media, will think of us that specific way.

Just my thoughts,

> Pul Chuk maaf <

Vjkk Vjkf pray.gif

ssa ranz_killa

veere let me tell u one thing - the hindus can't match us in drinking,i have had it with many hindus they just fall flat in 3-4 pegs :T: and we khalsa's continue having it till the theka downs it shutters.may be this is coz of our better physique and endurance than normal hindus.

and regarding the potraying of sikhs in hindi films i can only say when the panth had to stand up they failed(remember the films of the 80's and 90's when they made clowns out of us).now when the things are changing(could u ever imagine a sikh hero in those years?) we are making hue and cry abt it.

we shd not take any insult but we shd also not be too rigid abt everything.

one more thing veere-plz tell ur hindu friends abt the mallu's of kerala.in kerala sale of liquor is banned still these mallu's are drinking the whole bloody day and they don't work(tht's the worst part).drinking is not something in which competitions shd be held.

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

Is this guy kidding me?....how can u call yourself a Khalsa when u do that crap....u r ridiculous.......drinking is not acceptable period...however its sad that punjabis with sikh names tend to do it.....please don't call them sikhs....Satguruji's Sikhs don't drink....and its punjabis like u who make it seem okay to do these things....who cares what the world think of us....all of our actions should be inline with gurmat...we should think what our Satguruji would say if we did this....

Wahegurooo Ji ka khalsa!!!

Wahegurooo ji ki fateh!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh,

it's true that there are many who drink and smoke or whatever else... and to say that these movies are portraying things that are not real is untrue... they are real... but if you make a movie that shows that side, there should be movies made to show the other side aswell.... but bollywood movies do not do that. I dont think i have seen one movie that portrays the Sikh image of a Sikh how they should be... (dont know if that sentance makes sense.. but in a rush so i wnot be reading it over) neway.... A real Sikh would not drink or smoke... the Khalsa, does not drink.... and along side showing a person who is portrayed as a Sikh doing this, they should be showing that aswell that this is not the way it should be. that this person is not living up to the ideals of a real Sikh. You cant just show one side which is what bollywood does, and for that reason i think people have gotten sick and tired of it now...

just to add to this... when they show muslims being terrorists in movies.. notice that there is always at least one muslim who is shown as being calm, understanding and loving... the way most muslims see themselves....... the opposite is there to try to show that not all are like that.... that this is what the ideal muslim is like....

this is what bollywood is missing when it comes to Sikhi... the other side

ssa gurpreet,

i think ur living in a fool's paradise thinking tht sikhs don't drink. more than 90% do drink.i have still not come across a sikh who doesn't drink and let me tell u we are no less khalsa's than u are. if tommorow the panth is in danger we wld be the first one to take up the gun.

adding to this i have also seen the gyanijis of gurudwaras drinking right after completing a marriage cermony.

get ur facts right and then point out who real khalsa's are and who are not.

for a matter of fact let me tell u even in the army of shere panjab ranjeet singh jee the soilders used to get their monthly quota of liqour juat like these days.

if we conduct a poll abt abt this iam sorry to say that 90% of the khalsa's wld come into a drinking category and few like u wld be left to frown upon.

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

ssa gurpreet,

i think ur living in a fool's paradise thinking tht sikhs don't drink. more than 90% do drink.i have still not come across a sikh who doesn't drink and let me tell u we are no less khalsa's than u are. if tommorow the panth is in danger we wld be the first one to take up the gun.

adding to this i have also seen the gyanijis of gurudwaras drinking right after completing a marriage cermony.

get ur facts right and then point out who real khalsa's are and who are not.

for a matter of fact let me tell u even in the army of shere panjab ranjeet singh jee the soilders used to get their monthly quota of liqour juat like these days.

if we conduct a poll abt abt this iam sorry to say that 90% of the khalsa's wld come into a drinking category and few like u wld be left to frown upon.

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

100795[/snapback]

Just because a the number of people that drink is larger then the ones that don't does not make it right and real....

Real Khalsa follow Guru ji's rehat... dont call them Khalsa if they are gyani's and drink they are not khalsa,