Babli doing drugs angers Sikhs!

the fact of the matter is, is that movies like these encourage children of an impressionable age to think that this is socially acceptable. More over, it is by the <banned word filter activated> parents who will sit down and watch this with their kids. This starts a thread. Before you start defending movies like these, start thinking about the effect media has over people.

100671[/snapback]

What a load of bobbins. How many people became Gangsters after watching Company or Satya ? and how many girls went on to become bar dancers after watching Chameli etc ?

I better not go watch the Revenge of the Sith as I might want to become a Sith.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ur living in a fool's paradise thinking tht sikhs don't drink. more than 90% do drink.i have still not come across a sikh who doesn't drink and let me tell u we are no less khalsa's than u are. if tommorow the panth is in danger we wld be the first one to take up the gun.

man the panth is being endangered by alcohol.....why arent u picking up the gun inside your mind and destroying your love for alcohol :)

its very easy to be a warrior outside....try for once being a warrior from the inside!!! :doh:

Babli doing drugs angers Sikhs!

By IndiaFM

Tuesday, 31 May , 2005, 12:18

It looks like a perfect case of love and hate. The more Bollywood is including Sikhs in the canvas of their films, the more problems it is creating for itself. After the Jo Bole So Nihaal fiasco, it's time for Bunty Aur Babli to go through the scanner. What is the connection? You may ask…all those who have seen the film must have also seen Rani Mukerji who plays a Sikh girl, Vimmi Singh, doing drugs.

The Sikh Prabandhak Committee has raised objection stressing that such scenes put their community under bad light. The members of the Sikh community have also demanded to that they be included on the Censor Board to regulate the movies that are based on their community.

Earlier, besides Jo Bole So Nihaal, the community had demanded deletion of few scenes from PNC's Shabd. Recently, the Sikhs in London have been provoked by Jag Mundhra's film crew for allegedly misbehaving in the London gurudwara.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.ppa?id=13813031

100545[/snapback]

1. Babli cannot be Sikh because Sikh females use Kaur not Singh as surname.

2. The SGPC should sort its own house out before throwing stones at others. They are a disgrace to Sikhi. SGPC members have been caught in many things that go against Sikhi including a member using his car for drug smuggling. If such people can be members of the SGPC then why they got problem with this film.

3. I agree with the other veer ji that is if Babli Singh was shown as an amritdhari indulging in such behaviour we should be concerned. As it is she has cut hair doe snot have a Sikh name etc so why all the concern.

people wanna change things so it fits in to what they want... they change the religion to suit their needs....

to say the khalsa drinks accept it is just a load of........ why not stand up for what it should be like.. just because the elders have been misguided or are wrong, should the youth follow?

well lets see.. if so many people drink and we should just be ok with it, then the fact that there are many people that.. sleep around... or rob (steal), kill people... we should be ok with it.. no cus its wrong, its against a persons beliefs... i know people are going to say these things are not the same.. but for a Sikh, for a true Khalsa, they are... they go against what our Guru ji told us.... and like i said before... ith appens.. i know people drink and smoke, i've seen many do it when they are in sikhi saroop.. fine u wanna show it, show it... but u should also show what a true Sikh should be like, and show that this person is wrong and what the consequences of their actions and choices should be.... Bollywood does not do this.... they are one sided.....

bhul chuk maaf

people wanna change things so it fits in to what they want... they change the religion to suit their needs....

to say the khalsa drinks accept it is just a load of........  why not stand up for what it should be like.. just because the elders have been misguided or are wrong, should the youth follow?

well lets see.. if so many people drink and we should just be ok with it, then the fact that there are many people that.. sleep around... or rob (steal), kill people... we should be ok with it.. no cus its wrong, its against a persons beliefs... i know people are going to say these things are not the same.. but for a Sikh, for a true Khalsa, they are... they go against what our Guru ji told us.... and like i said before... ith appens.. i know people drink and smoke, i've seen many do it when they are in sikhi saroop.. fine u wanna show it, show it... but u should also show what a true Sikh should be like, and show that this person is wrong and what the consequences of their actions and choices should be.... Bollywood does not do this.... they are one sided.....

bhul chuk maaf

100824[/snapback]

Bollywood is a money making industry, it produces fictitious films that are aimed are pleasing the masses and making money. They are not bothered about showing both sides to a story or giving anyone (be it a nation, religion or whatever) a fair representation, as far as they are concerned if an idea makes them money then its good to sell.

It’s a film industry; they make fictitious films not documentaries.

If you want real representation than the only way to get that is to make our own films that depict the characters and stories that you want the world to see.

Peace.

ssa gurpreet,

i think ur living in a fool's paradise thinking tht sikhs don't drink. more than 90% do drink.i have still not come across a sikh who doesn't drink and let me tell u we are no less khalsa's than u are. if tommorow the panth is in danger we wld be the first one to take up the gun.

adding to this i have also seen the gyanijis of gurudwaras drinking right after completing a marriage cermony.

get ur facts right and then point out who real khalsa's are and who are not.

for a matter of fact let me tell u even in the army of shere panjab ranjeet singh jee the soilders used to get their monthly quota of liqour juat like these days.

if we conduct a poll abt abt this iam sorry to say that 90% of the khalsa's wld come into a drinking category and few like u wld be left to frown upon.

U amuse me....Our gurus set up a rehat maryada to follow and in Gurbani guruji clearly tells us a lot against intoxicants...i won't waste time arguing with u...but i hope guruji will bless with u with the realisation and the strength to swim against the crazy alcoholic wave u so proud of....

Peace!

gurpreet iam not proud of my drinking capabilities,instead i think of it as one of the various vices that affects us today but at the same time u cannot ignore the fact tht 90% of the sikhs do drink(repeated).

if ur so particualr abt wht guruji said then u shd be following each and every word of his such as:-

1.wearing the same old kachas instead of jockeys :nihungsmile: .

2.not eating halal meat at all(when u go o a resturant do u know which meat they are serving).

3.keeping ur virginity for ur wife to be.

i have just given a few examples think abt it.

the problem with our religion these days is tht we lay too much emphasis on external symbols.the religion which does not ammend itself with time goes the way hinduism is now.it';s the most corrupt and non-sensical religion today.if we don't shed our rigidity then we wld be the next talibani's :T:

one shd be a sikh at heart and his soul shd be pure,external symbol hardly matters.a true sikh is one who works hard,is honest,never begs,always stand up for the right cause,never bullies the weak,is patriotic and can stand up in arms whenever the panth is in danger.

may waheguru give u the enlightment to keep up with the times.

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

gurpreet iam not proud of my drinking capabilities,instead i think of it as one of the various vices that affects us today but at the same time u cannot ignore the fact tht 90% of the sikhs do drink(repeated).

if ur so particualr abt wht guruji said  then u shd be following each and every word of his such as:-

1.wearing the same old kachas instead of jockeys :nihungsmile: .

2.not eating halal meat at all(when u go o a resturant do u know which meat they are serving).

3.keeping ur virginity for ur wife to be.

i have just given a few examples think abt it.

the problem with our religion these days is tht we lay too much emphasis on external symbols.the religion which does not ammend itself with time goes the way hinduism is now.it';s the most corrupt and non-sensical religion today.if we don't shed our rigidity then we wld be the next talibani's :T:

one shd be a sikh at heart and his soul shd be pure,external symbol hardly matters.a true sikh is one who works hard,is honest,never begs,always stand up for the right cause,never bullies the weak,is patriotic and can stand up in arms whenever the panth is in danger.

may waheguru give u the enlightment to keep up with the times.

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

100923[/snapback]

man what makes u think that people dont follow those 3 things u said :doh: @ and if u believed you guru to be wahegurus light on this world...if u really believed your guru was the boat to carry you to sach khand...then nothing your guru says to you is hard coz everything guru ji tells u to do...is soo sweet blush.gif

hahaha i love the arguement about...ohhhh one shud be a sikh ar heart..externally hardly matters....man if ur pure internally it will be reflected in ur external appearance.

And hahahah change with times...SIKHI NEVER CHANGES...its was true then...it is true now..and it will always be true...How on earth can truth change :) @ Truth is always True!!!

The following five K’s are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H’s which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H’s. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden.

(Sri Dasam Granth)

Waheguru Jee ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee kee Fateh

Here are dass observations on the above discussions :-

I agree that today so called look wise Sikhs are known and famous for eating non veg , drinking. I heard State of Punjab was the largest consumer of tabacoo min the past years. That so called look wise Sikh youth is very impress with the western culture ( open society, drinking, smoking, drug etc etc.) There are good and bad people in every communcity & religion. Our aim at www.sikhsangat.com / any other sikhi site and being Sikh is to spread the message of Guru Sahibs among Sikhs and whole universe. So let us join our hands for that holy cause, pyareyo there is no more room for division now _/\_

Well Bollywood and our T V Industry are the two biggest patronage of this culture. The quality of programmes on T V and esp. on Punjabi Musical Channels are really alarming and disgusting. Mind it Pyareyo in India TV is the most easily accessible entertainment source for largest chunk of population. Parents today watch these programmes with their kids bcoz they themself are not yet awaken towards Sikhi. So I feel SGPC should have act in past on those Musical & other channels like Print Media showing Sikhs as Cartoon, Jokers, fake turbans (used as cap), remember pyareyo that malign image of Sikhs reaches all over the India and world much faster and in larger magnitude in comparison to some scenes or character in a particular movie.

Also there was a news that Censor Board will have a Sikh person and every movie having any Sikh character or relation will be shown to that member before approve it for release. The credit goes for this to sangat of Mumbai who contact Censor Board and protest for the whole issue.

But there is no such prior screening for TV Serials and Music Channels. SGPC should come up and take up this issue with the concered autorities.

The whole issue of sikhs in bollywood once again remind us that we despepartely NEED OUR MEDIA WORLD WIDE which can promote Sikhi worldwide and tell the truth to the World.

SGPC was very confident to start its own Religious Channel and even ETC was to launch ETC Khalsa but do not know when they will be a reality.

bhulla chukka dee maufai

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh