racial attack

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kirpan is essential, even in todays world...

it could have saved the boys hair...

(im assuming he didnt have a kirpan)...

100780[/snapback]

Please don't speculate anything pyaario. Yes its important to have a kirpan in this day and age, as its Guru Ji's hukam and I'm sure that he DID have a kirpan on him as even the newspapers described this young singh as "a baptized sikh".

But it is also Guru Ji's hukam as to when your kirpan is supposed to be put into use. Guru Gobind Singh Ji aap hee kirpa karday hun. This happening is also Guru Ji's hukam. Please don't assume that he didn't have a kirpan just because there was no mention of it, or because he didn't use it.

bhul chuk maaf.

100814[/snapback]

If I cannot use kirpan to protect me then how am suppose to protect helpless person...We are acting in the orders of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji to carry and protect ourselves and any helpless or opressed individuals. LAW say anything done in self protection is not crime.

So whats your point? Singh ji....

100829[/snapback]

Singh Ji,

I'm sorry if I caused any misunderstanding. I'm not questioning if the use of a kirpan in this type of a situation is right or wrong. Not at all.

I was merely replying to the message posted earlier. All I wanted to say was that its not fair to assume that he didn't even have a kirpan just because he didn't use it. The rest is Guru Sahib Ji's hukam.

fateh jee

I just got say say one thing Yes the kid was baptized. Aswell u guys think it would be ok if the kid took out his kirpan and start stabing these ppl do u think it would make things better.If u think yes you guys are wrong. It would just make thing wrose aswell he could of got killed the kids only 17 himself so plz do think before what u type if I said anything wrong plz forgive fateh jeeo

Gurfateh!!

A Sri Sahib isnt just something one should use irrationally. Like veer ji mentioned above in some circumstances it can make a situation worse.

Think before you act, even if you dont have time to think then prepare yourself for as many circumstances as possible. Because you never know what type of situation may arise.

I would recommend that every amritdhari, know how to use a kirpaan, otherwise it could be used against you and defeat its purpose.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa!

Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

such bad news...

but for the kirpan thing.. i always was told that if we ever need to take out our kirpan.... it isn't us who takes it out.... its our guru who takes it out

sorry if i'm incorrect.. tongue.gif

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa!

Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

Sat Sri Akal:

First, everyone calm down and let the police do their work and let them get to the bottom of this and do not do anything rash.

IF this turns out to be a hoax, then the community should be ready to strongly condemn such an attack AND be ready to request that the person be charged. I say this because there must be punishment for perpetrating a hoax that tarnishes an entire community. Two such incidences occured in the U.S. and the results were bad for the Sikh community, with insinuations that Sikhs are racists (cause the "Sikhs" pointed out African Americans as the fake criminals in cases where they cowardly cut their own Kesh). The community must immediately and forcefully condemn such actions and request that the individual be punished to the full extent of the law. Also, they should be excommunicated for this action and it should be declared publicly. It must be ensured that those who are considering such stupidity become aware of the dire consequences that await them if they choose to engage in such behavior.

Again, that is IF. IF the police determine that it was a true bias crime, then cooperate with them and do not engage in vigilante justice. Cooperate with them and make sure that justice is served.

this post has nothing to do with this exact instance, but in general..

someone cuttin ur kesh is not a small thing, so many shaheeds gave their lives not their hair... now ppl are saying if he pulled out his kirpan to save his hair, it would have put his life in danger, he was only 17.. SO WATTTTTTTTTTTt

guru ji ran the panth at the age of wat, 7? sahibzaade gave shaheedi at wat age? even theres recent instances.

hair is not a small thing, thats one thing of a sikh that cant be compromised, sant kartaar singh ji gave his life rather than have his life saved in operation...

a sikh must do anything possible to save his hair...

if its just a racial slur, u can let it go, but hair aint a minor thing, u cant compromise when it comes to hair...