degradation of kirtan

drawrof

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I haven’t read much of the replies here so forgive me if I’m repeating anything already been said but I just wanted to say in all the effort that has gone into arguing about this imagine the same amount of energy actually going into doing kirtan – would that not be of like way more significant use to your being?

Is kirtan not the art of ecstatic chant? The chanting of sound syllables as a form of active meditation?

If we think about it the highest and like maybe most effective energy is simran/mediatation/repition of word – there is nothing like it so forget about who is doing it or the particular method they employ but instead feel the true word, feel the true vibration, where there is truth there is God, - Sat naam

Look at Christian choirs – on one hand you have like the stiff collar church boys in like starched funky outfits singing some next thing you cant understand and then you have the happy go lucky type who like clap and sway to the music and shout at the top of their voices and are so full of energy….its still the same thing right?

So if non raag kirtan brings people closer to God, closer to understanding Guru Ji’s bani then so be it

You know I feel as Sikhs we do not need no external source to act as a threat towards us because we are so good at like bashing ourselves!

For anything said out of context anjaan samaj ke maaf karna

Author: akjgreat

Date: 06-14-05 04:26

akj kirtan has changed over the years

in the past simple tunes which fitted into raag system was used more often

often tunes used were very old

nowadays proper tunes which fit raag aren't used as commonly, often thats why it seems the shabad/ gurbani being sung does not fit onto the correct note on the vaja

people just 'squize' the words being sung into sum random tune

i hope sanghat take note of the importance of singing shabads in the raag assigned in siri guru granth sahib.

raags are not assigned to shabads for no reason.

I'm sorry, what pertanance does that have to do with anything? Am I supposed to suddenly go "oh sinch this guy Akjgreat said it, and since he has akj in his name, we should follow him"?......If I haven't said it before I'M AKJ.

103642[/snapback]

i dont really care who u are, or what u are...

the guy had a good post on tapoban, so i shared it with the sangat...

seems like ur a bit to high on urself, that u take evreything as a personal challenge...

grow up

I'm sorry, what pertanance does that have to do with anything? Am I supposed to suddenly go "oh sinch this guy Akjgreat said it, and since he has akj in his name, we should follow him"?......If I haven't said it before I'M AKJ.

103642[/snapback]

seems like ur a bit to high on urself, that u take evreything as a personal challenge...

grow up

103645[/snapback]

I'm not the one making personal attacks on a jatha. I haven't once attacked a ragi group, dodra, or any other kind of kirtan. you however are set on degregading the jatha.

103642[/snapback]

grow up

103645[/snapback]

I'm not the one making personal attacks on a jatha. I haven't once attacked a ragi group, dodra, or any other kind of kirtan. you however are set on degregading the jatha.

103651[/snapback]

lol, im degrading the jathaaa.... hahahha... ok there buddy...

u dont know me, or if im involved in the jatha or not...

ive seen alot of ur posts, its either ur way or no way eh....

if u dont know this is a discussion forum ppl have different views, there doesnt always have to be a right or wrong answer...

chill on the haumai...

SWAASS GIRAASS SIMRAN. WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......

'akaal' if you have a problem with naam dhrirh, you immediatly have a problem with every single panj pyara at an AKJ smagam amrit sinchaar... think about that. and tell me if you care or not. if not. then you are beyond repair of the brain.

WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......

WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......WaahhhhhhhhGurrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuu......

ahhh that felt good. :doh:

103642[/snapback]

grow up

103645[/snapback]

103651[/snapback]

lol, im degrading the jathaaa.... hahahha... ok there buddy...

u dont know me, or if im involved in the jatha or not...

ive seen alot of ur posts, its either ur way or no way eh....

if u dont know this is a discussion forum ppl have different views, there doesnt always have to be a right or wrong answer...

chill on the haumai...

103654[/snapback]

that's total b.s. U guys immediatley drew lines as to what was right and wrong. All you three have been saying is that everything else but raag is wrong. All I have been doing is defending the opposite. Any gurbani is kirtan. And yet i'm always looking for a definite right or wrong answer.....