degradation of kirtan

drawrof

I'm sorry, what pertanance does that have to do with anything? Am I supposed to suddenly go "oh sinch this guy Akjgreat said it, and since he has akj in his name, we should follow him"?......If I haven't said it before I'M AKJ.

103642[/snapback]

i dont really care who u are, or what u are...

the guy had a good post on tapoban, so i shared it with the sangat...

seems like ur a bit to high on urself, that u take evreything as a personal challenge...

grow up

103645[/snapback]

I'm not the one making personal attacks on a jatha. I haven't once attacked a ragi group, dodra, or any other kind of kirtan. you however are set on degregading the jatha.

103651[/snapback]

lol, im degrading the jathaaa.... hahahha... ok there buddy...

u dont know me, or if im involved in the jatha or not...

ive seen alot of ur posts, its either ur way or no way eh....

if u dont know this is a discussion forum ppl have different views, there doesnt always have to be a right or wrong answer...

chill on the haumai...

103654[/snapback]

that's total b.s. U guys immediatley drew lines as to what was right and wrong. All you three have been saying is that everything else but raag is wrong. All I have been doing is defending the opposite. Any gurbani is kirtan. And yet i'm always looking for a definite right or wrong answer.....

103659[/snapback]

ok lets look at the facts..

MY 1st post..

wjkk wjkf...

my 2 cents...

i try going every friday for simran at dixie to...

and its amazing i love it...

but drawrof has a point, i know for a fact a lot of gursikh uncles complained to daljeet singh that people are going GRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU in the middle of the simran, and it just throws of everyones concentration...

the simran is great, but i believe it would be even better if the GRUUUUUUUU's were left out...

no offence intended to anyone

wjkk wjkf

No saying RAAGS IS RIGHT OR WRONG OR NON RAAGS IS WRITE OR WRONG, NOT SAYING anything is WRONG...

NOW POST #2...

QUOTE(Daasn Daas @ Jun 6 2005, 08:04 AM)

No where in guru granth sahib, or any hukam, or any rehitnama it says we HAVE to sing that shabad in raag.

Thats where i am going to have to disagree...

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said we must do keertan in raags, not only raags but raags in raags...

listen to Bhai Balbir Ssingh keertan he talks about it in that in his bir ras dasam bani keertan...

Again not putting anyone down, just answering a statement made by DAASN DAAS, not putting anyone down degrading any jatha, just stating a fact...

NOW POST #3 by me

lol, smart singh, i think we can all say, that Raag Keertan ideally is how keertan should be done, that is why guru ji wrote the raags in gurbani...

but that being said if someone does not know raag keertan, singing gurbani in anyway is fine. (gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, is not bani thoh)....

but anywyas i think ppl are arguing over nothing... we should all strive to learn raag, and if someone is not blessed with raag vidhiya well other types of keertan are still better than nothing... they are still singing the praises of god...

but yea at the end i think we can all agree the ultimate way to do keertan is the way guru ji wanted it to be...

WOAAH BUDDY DID I JUST SAY SINGING GURBANI IN NON RAAGS IS FINE, WOAHHHH BUT U JUST SAID IM SAYING RAAGS IT THE ONLY WAY, WOAHHH AM I A LIAR OR ARE YOU.. hmm

MY NEXT POST

i highly doubt bhai randhir singh ever said GRUUUUUUUUUUU GRUUUUUUUUUUU GRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

they didnt even do simran in their keertan... and they did keertan with pyaar and shaantt... common day AKJ keertan isnt the same as Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's times.. simran in keertan seems to have been started by SDO mohinder singh, who was excommunicated from the paanth....

AKJ keertan is wicked, i love it, but i think a few ppl who distort gurbani and break everyone elses concentration by going BRUAHHHHHHHHHHHHH or GRUUUUUUUUUUU in the middle of keertan ruin it....

and once again everyoen knows raags should be strived for...

DID I JUST SAY I LOVE AKJ KEERTAN, OMG SMART SINGH, u arent so smart anymore are u? false accusations eh? little bit of a hot head are we? maybe we should think before we talk/type ehhh

ANYWAYS the point being SMART SINGH, just cuz someone says something u dont like doesnt mean to go out and take it personally, grow up mannn...

ive seen it in so many threads, i remember one thread u even were sayign u wanna beat someone up, its easy to be a internet gangsta, just chill man... theres more than the word 'I' in this world... its ok for ppl to have different opinions..

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Author: akjgreat

Date:  06-14-05 04:26

akj kirtan has changed over the years

in the past simple tunes which fitted into raag system was used more often

often tunes used were very old

nowadays proper tunes which fit raag aren't used as commonly, often thats why it seems the shabad/ gurbani being sung does not fit onto the correct note on the vaja

people just 'squize' the words being sung into sum random tune

i hope sanghat take note of the importance of singing shabads in the raag assigned in siri guru granth sahib.

raags are not assigned to shabads for no reason.

103632[/snapback]

ur going off on tangents. I HAVE NEVER PHYSICALLY THREATENED ANYONE. although you, are starting to get on my nerves. Secondly, THIS QUOTE IS PURE PROPOGANDA. You had the intention of setting people into the mind set that because somebody is AKJ, that this must mean that all of AKJ is wrong now because they go out of raag, and that isn't the way it used to be. THINGS EVOLVE. People use these same tactics everyday in China, Cuba, and North Korea.

And it was really nice of you to personally attack me. Real nice of you to make fun of my sn. you don't see making fun of akal 108, draworf or you. God, I could go in with yours. You have Sikh Soldier as your sn. Why not Singh? You willingly make fun of my Sn, Smartsingh. Well you know what, you're about 23, 24 years old, AND I'M 17. YOU'RE PICKING ON A 17 YEAR OLD. YES, I'M A SINGH, AND I'M DAMN PROUD TO SAY THAT I'VE SAID THINGS THAT CAN MAKE A 23 YEAR OLD GO RED WITH FURY, SO MUCH SO THAT HE'S GONNA TRY TO DEGRADE ME.

Real hot head.

haha waheguru waheguru waheguru ... sangto.. relaax. iqbal singh. ure a chill guy, stay chill. alotta people in the world have retardedd opinions but you cant change all of them. and Sikh Soldier bhaji.. im sure your the same... alotta people in the world have retarded opinions but you cant change all of them.

Mitha Bolan Niv Chalan.. : ) ...

Dear SikhSangat,

We can't urge everyone enough to stick to Gurbani related topics.

eyhV qyhV Cif qU gur kw sbdu pCwxu ]

eaeharr thaeharr shhadd thoo gur kaa sabadh pashhaan ||

Renounce your petty arguments, and realize the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

Shabad

The very fine points that are not directed towards anyone in specific get left out, because we tend to visit more often and see what someone has said against us so that we can backfire, this is not the characteristics of Gursikh. PLEASE stick to gurbani. Vaad virodh salahne, vaade avan jaan||

Topic Closed.