What to do?

Dear all,

WJKK WJKF. I have been reading about the rally in London in the memory of Operation Blue Star launched by GOI. However, I have a sad story of my own.

I came to the US to study two years ago and got nothing but insults from these bloody goras-so much so that I had to cut my hair. I really did not want to do it but I could not bear the insults any longer. Then I read all the posts on Sikhsangat.com and Sikhlionz.com and while it is true that the GOI is responsible for many atrocities committed, I think that is a thing of the past.

I have to say that I was much happier in India than I am in America. I wasn't discriminated against or anything like that. My blood still boils when I see pictures of Harminder Sahib in 1984 and I will NEVER forget it but I cannot accept this fact which is on all websites that all Hindus and Muslims are killers.

It was the people in power like Indira and Sajjan Kumar etc. on whose orders our brothers and sisters were killed. However, can we blame the entire Hindu population for it? Similarly, four of our Gurus became Shaheed on the orders of Muslim rulers but ordinary Muslims can be our friends.

Our Gurus have always taught us tolerence and to live in harmony with all others but also to rise up in arms against an enemy. However, I don't think our enemy is the common Hindu or Muslim.

While I was in India, I had discussions regarding Khalistan with some of my friends but I can tell you that most sikhs in India are not interested (especially the younger generation-everyone wants to cut their hair and live a life of luxury) but when I came to America, I found that the Khalistan movement is still alive-not so much in America but definitely in the UK and Canada.

However, most of my friends are Hindus (and two Muslims from Pakistan). They are the only ones who stand up for me in the college.

Given my personal experience, tell me how can I hate them? Also, they don't hate us. May be there are certain organizations like the RSS and some Islamists which hate us but I have always found the Hindus in my college to be wonderful. If they hated me, why would they save me from the Goras (who for some reason think I am a muslim and made fun of my turban before I decided to cut my hair). You know the worst part - when I told a few Singhs (at a Gurudwara) about my problem in the college, they told me they could not do anything and told me to go to the police instead.

That is why when I saw the rally and I saw the Singhs forgetting their Sikhi and indulging in burning of the Indian flag, spitting on it and swearing while the Panj Pyare's were doing Naam Simran right in front of them, I was upset. Ours is the greatest religion of all and when we do these stupid things are these are covered by the media, all the goras think we are a race of troublemakers.

I hope I am making sense. I got my hair cut and I am still very disturbed and upset about it.

-A humble GurSikh

All people are equal.

All hindus, muslims and SIKHs are alike.

No one is different from anyone else !

Yes there are CORRUPT ones like ones you named (Indira, sajjan kumar, tytler, etx...) in EVERY groups of people including sikhs.

Its just some people who want to label it like this... that all hindus/muslims are bad.. when the truth is some SIKHS are even bad... like myself...

we shouldnt label people like this... i have many hindus/muslims as my friends, they are not all bad... i have many sikhs as friends who try to lead me to wrong side (well use to) ...

just my two cents...

(not directed to khalsa sher, just in general)

Another troublemaker posing as a Sikh???

If not, then nobody says ALL Hindus and Muslims are evil or anti-Sikh, but if you think that Sikhs are not slaves in India then my friend you live in a very twisted reality, I suggest you read in full Sikh history from 1970's to 1995, also listen to Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale speeches and only then will you realise the gulami Sikhs live in. Look at the youth in Punjab, they no nothing about their history or religion, most are hooked on drugs, wake up to reality my friend.

Hope waheguru bless's you to keep your kesh. Remember your guru ji's son, your his lion brother nothing can defeat you when your with waheguru (bani). Im sure once you find your dignity & self-respect (Anakh) things will go/seem alot better.

Always keep this in mind "I would rather live like a lion/tiger for 1 day, rather than a sheep for 100's of days".

The issue of Khalistan is hot topic, youth in india may not think a need for Khalistan but youth in other countries such as canada and UK do. Lets not get side-tracked. And remember what happened yesterday, makes today.

I wish I was there with you brother so I could help you out. Take it from me things get alot worse before they get better. I will do Ardas for you.

Just hope Guru Ji gives you enough strength to grow your hair again. :doh:

:TH:

Remember Guru Sahib taught us

"MAANAS KI JAAT SABAI EKAI PEHCHAANBO"

When the abovementioned is quoted, it serves as a reminder to all Sikhs to look upon their fellow men and women equally without discrimination of caste,intellect,race,religion etc. Granted, there are bad eggs everywhere who taint the good name of a certain race etc. but as Sikhs we should continue to stand up for JUSTICE and at the same time, prevent discriminating on the basis of race etc. I also agree that indulging in acts on the spur of the moment such as burning the flags of a country etc. is wrong and will only serve to the detriment of the Sikh community and provide nothing but a tainting blemish to it.

And Khalsa sher veerjee, if you're disturbed and upset upon cutting your kesh, just let it grow back and keep it with respect. :doh: Guru Sahib will keep HIS Sikhs in chardeekala always...

Dassndass explained it quite well and other replies are great :)

Singh.. if you are feeling alone here in states (usually everyone feels alone without family).. you are free to hang around with singhs back here in california.. (you are welcome anytime) :doh:

"heres another troublemaker"- darn right

admin this lunatic has been harrassing my website with emails anonymously. If you got something to say to me then continue emailing me if you want instead of mudslinging on a different forum.

where have i said ALL hindus are a certain way?

much of the poetry on my website is by brahmin hindus, also the bhagats section has Gurbani of hindus, many people of many different backgrounds.

if you want o harrass me with emails that's your choice but mudslinging here is low