Soho Road Jatha to destroy another Gurdwara ?

kurtas

Palamrinder Ji makes a very valid point. The Jatha could shut up everyone if they commissioned an independent report. For some reason they are reluctant to do this. They are adament that their seva has caused no damage despite experts from India claiming otherwise before, during and after the seva was done. Not once did the Jatha meet these experts.

Since this thread, I have been waiting for the Soho Road wale to reply to an email. They sent one reply saying Bhai Sahib was out the country but since then (despite chaser emails) they have not bothered to respond. Says it all really they are happy telling people about the seva but very reserved when it comes to addressing questions about the long term impact of the rubber roof membrane etc.

Perhaps the Jatha has long term plans, like they were alleged to have about the replacement of the Darshani Deori gates until the Sikh Panth across the world made their views known. Maybe when the damp destroys the current Darbar Sahib structure we will get a shiny new Darbar Sahib designed in the UK by the same person who did that dodgy bubble thing on the bull ring.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe when the damp destroys the current Darbar Sahib structure we will get a shiny new Darbar Sahib designed in the UK by the same person who did that dodgy bubble thing on the bull ring.

129339[/snapback]

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Yeh - the stupid bubble thing on the bull-ring hahahahahahah - thats sooo funny LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

did u guys know that bhai sahib mohinder singh (GNNSJ) wanted to change the plate with maharaja ranjit singh name on, on a new plate underneith maharaja ranjits singhs part GNNSJ wanted to get their name written on the botton of the plate too....but this was not allowed when chardikala singhs found out about it

did u guys know that bhai sahib mohinder singh (GNNSJ) wanted to change the plate with maharaja ranjit singh name on, on a new plate underneith maharaja ranjits singhs part GNNSJ wanted to get their name written on the botton of the plate too....but this was not allowed when chardikala singhs found out about it

129381[/snapback]

Just a quick note...i heard the opposite.

He was asked to change the plate to his namebut refused. When others insisted, he said that if it was to change say it was done by seva of the sangat...

129381[/snapback]

Just a quick note...i heard the opposite.

He was asked to change the plate to his namebut refused. When others insisted, he said that if it was to change say it was done by seva of the sangat...

129419[/snapback]

guru fateh veer,

if such news is based on hearsay and it's not truth. Are you ready to accept that you just slandered a holy person?

I just want to put my views to this controversy..... What is wrong to hire some conservationists and make them check if dampning issue is/might happen in sri darbar sahib...... I know GNNSJ have done tremondous sewa in restoring sri darbar sahib..... but why are they so hard on not getting the facts straight... what are we loosing if we hire some world class conservationists and check the isuues that might arise..... its SRI DARBAR SAHIB we are talking about....  even if there is 1% chance of dampening, why take it...... If sangat can spent large amount of money for gold why cant we spend some more to have total peace of mind.....

Fateh

129314[/snapback]

I'm not well informed with respect to the issues here, but of course take great interest in it. Can any of those opposing shed light on why the suggestion above should not be pursued. Is this suggestion something that everyone at least on this thread can agree upon?

buddasingh ji.

I am 100% in agreement.

But for some reason I think the years will roll on, the damp will get worse and Mohinder Singh will still insist they did no wrong. In the end it will be too later to save the frescoes etc and some other kar seva wala will come in and give the interior of the Darbar Sahib a whitewash.

We need the Soho Road Jatha to act NOW.

yo theres always people like you who go and complain when all these people are trying to do some good by repairing the damage done.but all you can do is try to find the fault with it.why dont you go there ya self id like to see you go there and make a difference.theres always haters like you!!!

Saw the following on Tapoban. It is important that they are stopped from doing this. Firstly with the vast numbers of youth going astray in Punjab and falling victim to drugs etc this money could be better spent. Secondly the same jatha did the bodge up gold plating at the Darbar Sahib and refuses to accept the work is shoddy and destructive despite being told so by many experts.

Perhaps they are publicity crazy. I know that after they did the bodge up gold plating job on the Darbar Sahib that a few people who go to Soho Road were openly boasting about how first Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji did the seva and now their Bhai Sahib had done it.

Only a few months ago we had the controversy over the gates they wanted to change at the Darshani Deori a story they later denied when the Sikh community spoke out against this.

Please can someone post a valid  email contact for Soho Road Jatha as I am sure a few of us would like to make our views known and demand they put right the damaging work they did at the Darbar Sahib before the contemplate more gold plating jobs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Golden Temple in the making

Within the next three years, Gurdwara Sachkhand Shri Hazur Abchalnagar Sahib will be completely covered with gold -- making it the second Golden Temple of Sikhs, after Harmandir Sahib, in Amritsar.

``At an initial cost of Rs 65 crore, our Board has decided to add over 1000 kgs of gold to the gurUdwara,'' informed president of the Board, Sher Singh Fouji.

He said that a UK-based NRI Sikh, Bhai Mahendra Singh, is one of the chief donors who has already flown down to Nanded along with 122 international craftsmen for the `golden' job.

104623[/snapback]

• 3 years later...
Bhai Mohinder Singh wsa given the opportunity of a reply during teh BBC documentary and his repsonse was that the GNNSJ had doen a perfect job and nothing was to change.

These are not new questions, Patwant Singh & world class conservation architects have been pleading for years to have the GNNSJ put right the damage that has been done but to no avail. If you cant respond to the world's experts on early punjbai buildings then the penny isnt going to drop by sending him an email is it?

The damage that is done is done - that cant be reveresed now. but the issue of water ingress can be stopped and the original plates can be returned. These are the absolute minimum requirements.

Aman

104688[/snapback]

Thank you for your response veer ji.

Perhaps the Soho Road wale will sort out the damp problems by getting a brummie expert on damp problems from the Yellow Pages and asking him to do a full damp proof course on the Harmandir Sahib using silicon injections.

To my brothers and sisters on this forum. The damage done by the gold plating bodge up is something that even the GOI failed to do during Bluestar. The Soho Road wale have started the process of destroying the Darbar Sahib though their misguided seva. With damp we will lose the paintings on the walls and eventually the current Darbar Sahib building. As veerji mentions this can be reversed if the Soho Road wale get off their back sides swallow their pride and consult experts. For some reason they are too proud to do this. A shame really as future generations will want to know how the Darbar Sahib building lost its original paintings etc and everyone will point fingers at Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh and Co.

I attach a few pictures of what the paintings on the upper storey staircase looked like earlier this year.

I would like to post the message veerji posted on tapoban as it highlights the damage done.

"There was an outcry by experts in Punjab. Peopl who are word experts in concservation and achritectural historians. People like Patwant Singh tried extremely hard to get the GNNSJ to see that while the seva was welcome it shoudl be doen properly. Peter Poppham an incredibly well respected journalist from the Independant wrote a 1/2 page articel in 1999 titled "Brummies bodge Sikhs' holy shrine" Peter Popham, 25 September 1999, The Independent. The BBC even carried an investigative piece on the contgroversy titled Gold Service with Dalji Dhaliwal.

Its the GNNSJ that is being pig-headed in not accepting that it is totally unnacceptable to remove the original plates whcih were crafted by Ranjit Singh's expert craftsmen and replace them with shoddy copies and it is not acceptable to plaster over centuries old wall paintings and it is not acceptable to leave the Darbar sahib with a really serious case of rising damp and it is not acceptable to put a 21st century rubber membrane on the roof of the builfding (not letting itr breathe and become increasingly damp) like it was some kind of dodgy indian extension in handsworth.

aman"

Sikh Sangat, is a website which is meant to bring awareness to thre youth of this age.

But instead it seems that we want to come on this website and do nindiya and chuugliya of a jathabandi which is lead by a mahapurakh.

Is this the sort of stuuf that as a panth we want our youth to hear.

Even if you think a jatha of mahapurakh is fake, you should still treat them with utmost respect, they have done more naam abhiyas than we can imagine.

so who ever it was who said "their Bhai Saib" should learn some respect and maybe think about themself before doing nindiya of a mahapurak and their jatha

Mahapurkhs need to be accountable to the Khalsa panth, just as Guru Gobind Singh Ji was.

Checks and balances are a basic part of a democratic setup. While the Khalsa panth isn't quite set up on a Western democratic basis, conforming (i.e., rehitvan) members of the Khalsa commonwealth have the right to question their leaders, just as Guru Dasmesh ji taught it to do so. (I would even say leaders need to answer the legitimate grievances of non-conforming members.)

Refusal to answer and changing the subject are hallmarks of a Western-style total monarchy, not of the Khalsa panth. Bhai Sahib needs to answer just like the Prime Minister of England answers questions put to him.

(Just to clarify: I don't think Guru Gobind Singh ji ever did anything wrong. Rather Guru Sahib provided an example for us so that our future leaders would not be unaccountable -- in the same way that Guru Sahib provided an example by taking amrit.)