beleifs akj

Gupt daasan daas

But these issues must be discussed, but these issues must be discussed. I personally think that taksal views are correct, but im not here to turn this forum into a battleground, just a place where we can learn. By the way, if akj does believe in dasam granth, in dasam granth it states that kes is the fifth kakkar. Thats why I sort of thought that akj wouldnt beleive in dasam granth. These issues like raag maala and kes as kakkar must be discussed

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

no bhai sahib this issues must not be disscused :umm:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhi sahib vir singh je and Mkhalsa je, this is the quote from dasam granth you asked me about. This quote is approved as guru gobind singh bani by damdami taksal, and is in the taksali maryada.

The following five K's are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (<hugs for you! awwww> relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H's. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth)

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, Waheguru je ke fateh!

Khalistani, why do you want to start this here again? This has been discussed more than enough times and the outcome has always been the same.

The first thing you need to realize is that whatever 'new' evidence you have has been known to most people involved with these issues for decades before you were born. You can keep telling us what Taksallee maryda is all you want, but obviously, a lot of people don't accept Taksalee marayda. If we did, this wouldn't be an issue, right? I and most others don't have a problem with anyone following taksalee marayda. If that's what you believe, then follow it. Follow it fully.

Now this dasm granth point. The tukh appears in 'nishanay sikhee' I think. In the versions of the Dasam Granth that it actually appears in, it's usually in the appendix lettered 'gagga.' It's not in the main numbered body of the Dasm Granth. Out of the scholars that accept the Dasm Granth as Gurbanee, they exclude this appendix and don't consider it the writing of Guru Saahib. In fact, it doesn't even appear in many copies, especially old ones. This isn't some (or wasn't until now) big controversial issue. It's been pretty much accepted and documented by most scholars of the Dasm Granth. And I'm not talking about todays scholars, I'm refering to older ones who actually accepted the Dasm Granth as Banee. If Taksal accepts it, good for them. Read it, follow it. But not everyone else is going to. No need getting upset over it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Please, dont think im some akj hater, because I do have friends who are with the akj jatha. We get along great, even when we discuss issues like raag maala and keski as kaakar. What if someone said that it was alright to drink alcohal being amrithari? Would you not even discuss with them why they said that? Are we becoming chritians who have so many parts to their religion? Are we going to say that radaswamis are okay to? After all they say they are sikhs, but are they? If a hindu says there sikhs are they? If hindus start saying they are sikhs, are we not going to say anything? Will we not even discuss the issues. I am NOT saying hate each other. Just PEACEFULLY discuss these issues. I agree that no matter what attacks happen on sikhi, Akj and taksal and all sikhs should fight the attacks together. Why did guru Har Ria je get so upset when his son changed a verse from the bani? Why didnt they just invite him and say Its Okay, were all sikhs! Guru har ria je instead said, I dont want to see your face. In this case, I think akj, taksal, and all the other sikhs should stick together and be friends, but just discuss, not fight, why some jathas think some things. Stick together, but peacefully discuss issues.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

This was not created to upset anyone. Please forgive me if I did.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

By the way, Im not mad or anything. i think the a lot of people on this forum are great and very good gursikhs. I dont care wheather you akj, taksali, or no jathabandi, I still admire some of the people on this forum because of there gian ( knowledge). Im just trying to discuss issues. No fights. Just discussing. Theres no harm in that. The harm comes when people try to make fights, just dont listen to the people making fights. Just discuss, be united and happy!

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Veer Jee,

I know you want to learn, you have a thirst for knowledge. You probably havent been on many sikhi message boards or seen these topics that much, and you want to discuss them. But I have been on sikhi message boards for a good 5+ years, and frankly am very tired of discussing the same things again and again. Yes i do learn something each and every time, but truthfully, it does my head in!

Heres how this conversation would go had someone not changed its direction. I posted my thing about it being in the appendix, then you posted that its in taksal maryada. But lets look at history, which taksal marayda? recent ones or old ones? then i would paste you about a dozen first hand accounts of the first amrit sanchar each saying that keski is a kakkar and NOT kesh, as well as various puraatan rehatnamae. Then you will paste your sources, eventually other people will get involved. Then what will happen is one person on either side will start getting hot tempered. After that everybody starts arguing, and it may turn into some kind of swearing battle. This is what happens, we arent gursikhs and everyone who participates isnt going to be a gursikh who will remain calm either. And there are also those who want to create splits who will just paste totally ridiculous things they made up or will start just swearing at another person. Beleive me this happens.

Now veer jee if you want me or others to post evidence saying keski is a kakkar, then we will if you are only on a quest for knowledge and do not want to create arguments. I am also willing to see if you have any new evidence. If all you have is rehat maryadas from 1900s as well as that svaiye from appendix of new

dasam granths then I have seen it and personally do not accept it, I do not know of anyone else's opinion, as I have seen enough evidence for the other side.

So veer jee, if you have something that I and others on the board can learn from please share it. But lets not create arguments or present the same thing again and again.

(P.S. One good rule: once something has been said or shown, then thats the end of it, presenting the same thing again and again that everyone has seen is a bit pointless as that also can lead to hot headed arguments)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

and i thought that this problem was kinda serious in malaysia.. not between taksal V akj though.. we dun have much akj followers here.. but seriously i agree with Vicky and the other virji's who says that we should get over all this jathabandi and unite as one ...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!