Amrit Shak Singh who drink alchohol

Guest Advise plz

Guest Advise plz

I need some advise plz. I know of a man who is Amrit Shak but drinks alchohol and eats meat regularly. His parents are well respected Amrit Shak members of the community as are his grandparents. He acts religious in front of his family but is drinking alchohol and eating meat when not with his family. His parents praise him everywhere they go although a lot of the people around them now know of his acts as he is regularly seen in various pubs and clubs. His actions show he has no respect for his family but even worse what respect must he have for Guru Ji's teachings.

What should be done about this individual?

Guest _gupt_

speak to him there must b a reson y he is drinking ?? try and remind him of y he amrit shakked in 1st place try and re-inspire him remind him of his vows to guru ji

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh.

Here's an unorthodox way to approach this (remember, even GuruJi once did this to stop his Sikhs from a vice) . . . . . . . . .

If you are Amritdhari, too, note the pub he frequents and one day, pop into it and sit right next to him (since you are already familiar with him) and order yourself a soda or some other light soft drink. Chat him up. Watch what he orders. Catch him red-handed when he orders his pint. And then corner him discreetly (without making a scene, not letting others around know what's happening between the two of you). Ask him if that is what the Punj allowed him to entertain himself with when they bestowed the daat of Amrit on him. Only make references to the Rehat of an Amritdhari Sikh and try not to tell him that what he's doing is wrong. Let him say it to himself. When the conscience speaks, no one need say anything else. Then leave the pub as quietly as you stepped into it and leave the rest between him and the Guru. Do not associate yourself with him until the day he changes his ways. Keep not his sangat (for Amritdharis, sangat should only be of those who are sanmukh, not manmukh).

Your approach into a pub may raise a few eyebrows, but do not be taken aback. You now the intentions with with you entered it and for what mission. You need not answer to sceptics and the narrow-minded. If anyone does confront you, ask them to get the answer from the friend you went to see (without revealing what you had gone to say to him).

That is the approach I would use if I saw an Amritdhari friend do anything anti-Gurmat. No need to preach, just touch his conscience.

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh.

I need some advise plz. I know of a man who is Amrit Shak but drinks alchohol and eats meat regularly. His parents are well respected Amrit Shak members of the community as are his grandparents. He acts religious in front of his family but is drinking alchohol and eating meat when not with his family. His parents praise him everywhere they go although a lot of the people around them now know of his acts as he is regularly seen in various pubs and clubs. His actions show he has no respect for his family but even worse what respect must he have for Guru Ji's teachings.

What should be done about this individual?

109085[/snapback]

sounds lyk a PA, I no bare peepz dat do dat up ere in Peterborough, N wa we tend 2 do iz confront dem, n ask wa dey get out ov defamin sikhi? @ da end ov da day u c a sikh full Amrit Dhari with Dastar, Bana n Kirpan wa u fink da otha religions wud say? Dey jus guna point fingerz up @ Sikhi, make da fool realise that along syd im he's putin dwn da religion 2, den 1 day wen he needs 2 turn 2 Guru Ji he wont even hav dat in hiz Kismat.

I don't understand why Amritdharees drink alcohol. If you can't give up alcohol or wanna continue drinking, why take Amrit?

"One who trades in this Amrit/Nectar of Naam, how could he ever love the wine of the world?" - Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 360

"Guru Ji says by drinking this wine, one commits countless sins." - Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 553

Guest advise plz
I don't understand why Amritdharees drink alcohol. If you can't give up alcohol or wanna continue drinking, why take Amrit?

"One who trades in this Amrit/Nectar of Naam, how could he ever love the wine of the world?" - Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 360

"Guru Ji says by drinking this wine, one commits countless sins." - Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 553

109232[/snapback]

People have told this individual what he is doing is wrong especially considering how religious his parents are. But it does not seem to bother him.

Does his parents deserve to know the truth about him?

Which is the best way to let them know?