Kirpan - at Delhi Airport

Fateh Guys, a member of this forum has asked me to post this topic.

She is coming back from india in few weeks time and during her stay in india she took Amrit :) . Her question is that

a ) "Does she have to take her kirpan off?" at Delhi airport or during travel by plane.

b ) what can she watch out for at Delhi Airport.

c ) Any suggestions for travelling from india to one's country would be very welcomed

Muchas gracias seniors and senioras

p.s. This topic is not for debating, only for suggestion and advice which is needed asap.

She is coming back from india in few weeks time and during her stay in india she took Amrit :) . Her question is that

a ) "Does she have to take her kirpan off?" at Delhi airport or during travel by plane.

c ) Any suggestions for travelling from india to one's country would be very welcomed

p.s. This topic is not for debating, only for suggestion and advice which is needed asap.

109195[/snapback]

Its official that all Amrit dhari sikhs must take Their kirpans off before entering any plane. Acording to them its "Security reasons"

109195[/snapback]

A] Yes she has to take her Kirpan off. It is best to put the Kirpan in your checked in baggage (i.e. your suitcase). I know of a few people who handed over their kirpans to airline staff, they were told they would get them back at their destination. Surprisingly they never saw their kirpans again.

B] When you hand your passport over at the immigration desk watch that the officers do not tear any pages from your passport (this applies to when you enter and leave Indian airports). Also check your passport after airline staff have looked at it. If you are travelling on an Indian passport make sure the airline/immigration staff do not tear any pages with indefinite stay stamps / visas for foreign countries. This has been happening.

C] If anyone asks for money or harrasses a passenger ask to speak to the airport manager. The telephone number for the airport manager is 01125696579

delhi airport is a joke.. heard many stories about it and i have one of my own..

2 yrs ago .. when i went to india.. on the way back i forgot to take my kirpan off .. i know it was bright early in the morning i was prob on crack :doh: @ ..anyway ..

guess what.. i went through all secruity without them catching my kirpan ..lol.. but then stupid russians made me take it off when i had to switch planes at russia... :)

anyway ya.. you have to take your kirpan off.. just do ardas before packing it with luggage.. DO NOT try to get through, because if they catch it and then you have to take it off, they will ship it in with no care, and its like beadbi.. so ya .. take it off before you go ..

ya daasan daas je is right, best to put it in lugaage, ure own  bags, to avoid beadbi, this way u can keep satkaar

there really no way around it

unless u tak privat jet, or u dont let ven water touch ure mouth as long as any kakaar away from u, as stated by sant gurbachan singh je in khalsa jeevan

bhula chuka maf

109359[/snapback]

Thats what i have been told, if any kakar gets seperated from you APART FROM YOUR KACHERA dont eat or drink anything until you are reunited with it, then do a japji sahib path and do an ardas

Rupinder

get a set of Kesh'e Shastar, u can get em from nihangs.

its a kara with 4 peaces of 'toora' (iron rope) with a teer, kirpan, khanda and a baaz on each end.

with this tied in with ur kesh, u can remove ur kara and kirpan if needed.

I'm a nihang singh so this is the maryada i follow. also this is how i went to india n came back. :nihungsmile:

its a kara with 4 peaces of 'toora' (iron rope) with a teer, kirpan, khanda and a baaz on each end.

I'm a nihang singh so this is the maryada i follow. also this is how i went to india n came back. :nihungsmile:

109427[/snapback]

Is that OK for non Nihangs ?

I remember years ago that a few local people used to wear them necklaces with a kirpan, kanga etc on them and they used to say that they did not have to wear a proper kirpan because they had it on a necklace. I always found it very amusing and think well why not sew a small kachera and put that on a necklace and then you can go freelance or just wear ready made underwear.

109427[/snapback]

Is that OK for non Nihangs ?

I remember years ago that a few local people used to wear them necklaces with a kirpan, kanga etc on them and they used to say that they did not have to wear a proper kirpan because they had it on a necklace. I always found it very amusing and think well why not sew a small kachera and put that on a necklace and then you can go freelance or just wear ready made underwear.

109431[/snapback]

hah yeh true say tru say!! LOL.gif