Can Sikhs wear swords and daggers of cultures?

I believe that any kind of sword become a Kirpan in the hands of a Sikh, if I were you I would get any style i liked then I would get some kind of Khalsa ingraving on it. I got a traditional Kirpan, and then got it sharpened. In someone elses hands it is just a sword, or dagger , or knife, but in the hands of a Sikh it is a Kirpan. Many people think that Kirpans are just symbols because we have guns now, yes they are a symbol to fight against tyranny and protect the weak, but also can be used. As long as people are made of flesh the Kirpan will never be just a symbol.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

theres exactly te same topic in the news/sports/jokes section

heres part of my response:

all shastar were from other cultres, the sikhs used shastars from oda cultures, we didnt make any swords, but we ARE the ones the weild them the best

:)   I'm not too sure... are us Sikhs allowed to wear Japanese, Persian, Spanish, or other styles of swords and daggers instead of Punjabi/Indian ones? Thank You.

109692[/snapback]

you might not be aware but there are some excellent examples of swordcraft in Indian culture that is fairly unknown outside. One example is the Urumi or Longsword almost 2m long that is used in the kalari system.

epeemou.jpg

Oursud_le_combat_a_LURUMI_epees_flexibles_et_boucliers_small.jpg

Traditionally swords/sabres have been popular in India because of the speed and 'agility' factor. Some european swords are really bulky and do not offer those advantages.

Many of the Japanese and Chinese (Shaolin) swords were only developed after Bodhi and other buddhist saints who took these very local weapons and introduced them in Shaolin & Japan etc.