Siri Sahib

guru fateh

WJKK WJKF!!

can u please tell me if an amritdhari singh is supposed to wear his siri sahib out at all times (over his/hers clothes) or underneath their clothes?

many people say to me u shouldnt wear siri sahib out over your clothes but dont tell me why your not supposed to, i jus wanted to find out other singhs/singhanees views on this topic

WJKK WJKF!!

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I would say to wear Siri Sahib outside as much as possible as well. This way no one would be a victim of mistaken identity. SHOW and be PROUD that you are a Sikh.

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Don't wear it outside if you are in united states.. not worth of getting yourself arrested and having kirpan taken away from you..

110515[/snapback]

s1ngh pajhi, y rn't Siri Sahibs allowed 2 be worn outsyd in US? Can dey b worn insyd tho?

Sat Sri Akal:

"s1ngh pajhi, y rn't Siri Sahibs allowed 2 be worn outsyd in US? Can dey b worn insyd tho? "

Sikhs are a very small population in a very VERY big country in the U.S. Also, they are relatively new immigrants to many of the areas (except California, where they have been for 100 years). So the Sikhs have just began to work on Sikh issues here. But they are also catching up very fast.

Wearing a Kirpan has been defended by all court cases so far. Wearing the Kirpan on the inside keeps it out of sight and less likely to get you arrested, as the many of the police departments here are unfamiliar about Sikhs and the Kirpan.

WJKK WJKF!!

can u please tell me if an amritdhari singh is supposed to wear his siri sahib out at all times (over his/hers clothes) or underneath their clothes?

many people say to me u shouldnt wear siri sahib out over your clothes but dont tell me why your not supposed to, i jus wanted to find out other singhs/singhanees views on this topic

WJKK WJKF!!

110478[/snapback]

It does not matter.

You could either keep it under or out. Whatever you feel, please like. I wouldn't worry about these small things. It does not effect bhagti if you have it out or under your shirt.

next thing you know people get worried and ask - how long nala in kachera should be ?

For God Sake's we are sikhs not janis, karam khandes

WJKK WJKF!!

WJKK WJKF!!

110478[/snapback]

It does not matter.

You could either keep it under or out. Whatever you feel, please like. I wouldn't worry about these small things. It does not effect bhagti if you have it out or under your shirt.

next thing you know people get worried and ask - how long nala in kachera should be ?

For God Sake's we are sikhs not janis, karam khandes

110584[/snapback]

Although Guru Gobind Singh Ji said wear your Kirpan on the outside?

So it doesnt matter what Guru Ji Says anymore???

I wear both, Kirpan on the inside and on the outside. Ie, you can always see it!! I never hide it. 9/10 its on the outside, the 1/10 its underneath is if im wearing a jacket, the rest, i aint bothered. I get looks at work, in the street but if i have to respect anothers faith, go out and learn about theirs, then to me, they should learn about mine!

Wear it on the outside if you can, sometimes you will need to wear underneath. Im lucky at work i explained to em what the Kirpan is, and now they accept it.

I can only advise you to wear as much as you can on top but at the same time keep it covered to a minimum, ie just to avoid "hes wearing a knife" etc. By covering i mean, jst wear jacket, up to u if you leave it open or closed zip tho.

just my experience. If the law says no, then respect it but if you can then show it and be proud!!