Sikhism/chrisitanity

tkkookar

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

i m looking for some questions .. regarding the difference between christianity and sikhism .. is there any one or any site which can tell me what make these two religion different .. ??

thank you

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some r th fact that god is said to look like a man

mans form

which sikhi says vaheguru is bharppoor, all prevaiding

another wud be that jesus is only tru son of god, in sikhi we are all equal children of god

another is the conecept of what heaven is, in christianity, heaven is a place where u live with ure family in paradise, no disease, alays food, etc., no death nothing

sikhi says sach khand is complete absorbtion into akaal

u become one with akaal, like water with water, sun rays with sun rays, and u expierenc anand beyond words, with akaal everywhere, and inside and out u see akaal, everywhere, and u hear anhad shabad, and naam, and just anand

it is just u becoming one with vaheguru

that is sach khand

and another is hell/heaven vs reincarnation

sikhi says there is hell, narak, and heaven, and khands, and brhamands, but above all is sach khand, oness with akaal, and there is a place where u are tortured for sins, narak, but after u are judged in dharm rias court u ar sent to a place for a set time, then after that u are back in the cycl of reincarnation for a set time for each joon, and then with vaheguurus kirpa onl u can break this cycle and beocme one with him, sach khand

and all heavens do exist, but all r lower than sach khand, which is comepltly becomeone one with akaal

a common thing is both say have complete love for god, devotion, path of love, this is most important thing, jin prem keeo thin he prabh paaao

plus both preach good deeds to fellow man

never hurt anyones heart

love

complelte faith, no doubt, no bharm

theres a lot more common things, and some mor different things

if u look in more deeeply

but i think thes are some comparisons

bhula chuka maf

didn't they originate in the same area..??... and yeh i think christianity and islam are like the most similar religions...

i'm not 100% but they have a lot of history together... like when islam was first started i heard it kinda came off of chrstianity or something?.. (u can tell i didn't pay much attention in my world religions class... hehehe LOL.gif )

islam claims to be the complete vision givn by angel gabreiel or somethnig

they said jesus and the jewish religon got visions too, but not full

and they said they were last and final

and christians say jesus is the messiah, the christ, that the jewish religion said will come

somethng like tha i thnk

and i dont htink chrisitinaity supports suppresion of women and slavery, not from wat i have read

but i guess if we read the entire bible we can think of more differences and simmilarties

bhula chuka maf

i was reading the topics of bible .. waheguroo.. they are not different than islam .. status of women are bad .. slavery ..  i mean to say . that christianity is almost same as islam .. that's what i found out from reading bible ..

112458[/snapback]

I understand what you are trying to say.

Christianity as contained in the Bible is divided into two parts.

The old testament

The New testament

The old testament contains all the tales and stories right from Adam & Eve upto just before the birth of Christ.

The old testament is a common book, it is shared by Christians, Jews, and Islam because the prophets of the old testament viz Adam, Abraham, Moses, Daniel etc, are common to all the 3 religions and are acknowledged by all as well.

The jews and Islam have taken a lot of rules from the old testament. The jews have based their holy book called 'Torah' based on what was conveyed to them by Prophet Moses and I believe that Islam too has many tenets that are borrowed from the scriptures contained in the old testament.

Christianity OTH starts from the New Testament, and the New Testament is the story of Jesus and his life and tales and his disciples. And yes there are a lot of similarities in those experiences with what is mentioned in Sikhi.

islam claims to be the complete vision givn by angel gabreiel or somethnig

112464[/snapback]

True.

Hagar the mother of Ismael (the son of Abraham and Hagar) received a vision from the angel about how her son would in the future lead an entire people (Islamic). This is what the angel said about Ismael as is written in the bible.

The angel of the Lord

said to Hagar in the desert about her son, Ishmael (and probably his descendents, the muslims):

Gen. 16:12 He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility (before the face of, or in defiance of) to the east all his brothers