A Message For The Preachers...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if someone is suicidal?...Or hooked on drugs? Is it considered preaching if you try talking them out of it? Or should we just let them do what they want since 'its their life'?

Preaching Religion is the same thing. We are heading down the wrong path if we go through our whole lives without God, and if someone preaches to you, they are helping you realize this. I wasn't into Sikhi a few years ago, and if some person at the Gurdwara didn't randomly come up to me and told me about the importance of Sikhi, and how we are wasting our lives away, who knows where i would be today.

Everyone just needs to relax. I just want to say that no one has a right to go and start preaching or giving advice to people unless its been asked for. You can't force a religion onto a person. I'm not saying that it is bad to try to motivate a person to follow Sikhi. BUT if that person isn't willing to hear what you have to say then let it be. If 'deadquoteolympian' wants to be an atheist, then that is HIS choice and we all need to respect that.

And to 'deadquoteolympian', its fine that you don't want people preaching to you but don't get mad at others for this. I know people who have such a passion for Sikhi and this just comes naturally to them. They want others to experience what they have experienced from living a Sikhi-fulfillled life. In other words, some people truly just do it out of the goodness of their heart. Not to make you feel like crap or put your beliefs down. I know it might seem like this because some people may be rude to you but then again not ALL people are like this. Just remember this and keep an open mind...

We are heading down the wrong path if we go through our whole lives without God, and if someone preaches to you, they are helping you realize this.

112672[/snapback]

thanks for that "reality check", i dont think im going down the wrong path so dont tell me i am. YOU ARE PREACHING TO ME ABOUT RELIGION RIGHT THERE.

stopt telling me i should "find god", because if i want to i will

and with me, you cant preach anything but religion.

@sat_naam18

THANK YOU

dude you need to calm down .. seriously..

wat YOU see as preaching .. OTHERS see it as love, devotion, learning,etx.. so if you dont want to here it .. STAY QUIET.. thats the main thing ..

why would anyone tell you what to do ESPECIALLY ON A SIKH FORUM if you tell them your an athiest .. just stay quiet.. learn about whats on this forum .. take away the good stuff.. and leave the bad .. if your learning thats great.. if your not .. then you should try another thing.. everyone is different..

i think your the only person on this forum that thinks that what majority of the people do here is preaching ..

.. this is a place to learn and spread sikhi .. we have love for other religions but the love we have for sikhi here is undescribable .. people come here to learn .. to teach others.. to grab something valuable one has.. to share their problems.. to resolve their problems..

if you dont want someone preaching to you best thing to do is just to keep quiet on your problem.. the more you let it out the more people will be like .. no you should follow sikh .. no you should do thsi.. no your wrong.. that may or may not be the right way but that wont happen if we just be quiet ..

you told us you came on here to learn more about sikhi rite .. and not for others to teach you about a religion.. just keep learning.. if someone tells you that you SHOULD do thsi its cuz they care .. its probably THERE way of doing things.. just ignore .. MAIN thing.. ignore....

it does look like everyone is against you here.. but bro just do what you feel .. eventually those that want to understand and at least listen to others will eventually fall under the rite path ..

if u want to become a buddhist .. go for it .. u want to be a christian .. go for it .. if u wanan be a sikhi go for it .. BUT .. BE A GOOD BUDDHIST/CHRISTIAN/SIKH.. thats all im saying .. its not preaching CUZ im talkin about all religions here .. not just my own ..

IF you dont want to listen to others.. fine .. just ignore.. BUT .. try to understand others of WHY they are saying that to you .. sometimes thinking why majority are saying this to me can pop an eye open ..

just my two cents...

im cool, im cool, im not heated, and dont tell me i am, who do you think you are? youre just making me mad

112668[/snapback]

u jes contradicted urself in the same sentence... ur the only one on this thread tha's gettin bent... ur snappin on everybody ... and yo... u can't go around sayin 'don't give me advice if i don't ask for it'... i can GUARANTEE that probably at least once (if not more) that u have received advice from sum1 that u hvaen't asked for.. and it probably benefitted u ... even if its somethin like driving directions or somethin small like that...

and its funny... a person comes here 'cause they wanna LEARN about sikhi... and when we try to teach about sikhi ... its called preaching.. and then we get 'punked' for preaching...

if thats what u think of preaching... then maybe this isn't the right forum for u... honestly dude... u need think bout what we're sayin... nobody tryin to force u to do nothin... nobody hatin on u 'cause ur an athiest... i personally don't care... i know athiest people.. whatever floats ur boat... but don't come on a site like this where everybody is here to learn about sikhi and where we tell others about what sikhi is and tell us that we're preaching.... and i'm not sayin that there isn't ANY preaching... i can guarantee there is... but like jaspaul singh was sayin.. u gotta filter out the good and the bad...

whatever man... u take it from here...

the vast majority of you have yet to preach to me in a way that seriously angers me, and if you think what im saying is angry, most of the time it is not.

and i can go around saying whatever, because everything i say is in context of RELIGION. Stop talking about day to day life.

and i wont keep quiet, im not that type of guy, so youre gonna hear from me. im not a bad person, i just have different beliefs. my intention is not to anger anyone

GIVE ME FACTS, NOT BIASED INFORMATION ON SIKHISM