Amritdharis & Marriage

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have a question. My friend Sonu, has been studying for 4 yrs in London. She, has been dating a guy who is a complete amritdhari sikh. Sonu began to spend more and more time with him. She became so interested in Sikhi, she took amrit herself last yr. Sooon afer both of them had finished their University, he went on to further more his studies but she went back home. They stayed in touch thru phone, E-mail/msn... etc. Sooon after they both told they're parents they had met someone... etc... and want to get married. Her parents agreed. But his said no, because her family wasnt amritdhari, and they cut their hair .. eat meat.. etc..

Whats ur opinion on this..

Wjkk wjkf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Its wrong and a dumb thing to believe.

You can't judge or reject someone based on their parents or relatives... think of it... the first amritdharis... almost all of their parents were non-Sikhs, didn't follow the Guru's teachings, probably ate meat too. Once someone takes amrit, they join the family of the Khalsa, they are part of the Khalsa brotherhood... and that becomes their family (what do they say? from that day forth your father is Guru Gobind Singh Jee, and your mother is Mata Sahib Kaur Jee).

I have a question. My friend Sonu, has been studying for 4 yrs in London. She, has been dating a guy who is a complete amritdhari sikh. Sonu began to spend more and more time with him. She became so interested in Sikhi, she took amrit herself last yr. Sooon afer both of them had finished their University, he went on to further more his studies but she went back home. They stayed in touch thru phone, E-mail/msn... etc.  Sooon after they both told they're parents they had met someone... etc... and want to get married. Her parents agreed. But his said no, because her family wasnt amritdhari, and they cut their hair .. eat meat.. etc..

Whats ur opinion on this..

Wjkk wjkf

112495[/snapback]

parents these dayz are whack... they base their decisions on STUPIDNESS... i.e. caste and what not.... for this reason in this situation they do NOT have a say in it... who cares what her parents are like.. if she has taken amrit through influence from him and love of guru jee... what else matters?... nowadayz parents make up the stupidest excuses... it actually really gets me bent when i hear that sum1 'can't' marry sum1 because of some whack excuse...we see it too much these dayz... personally... if the 2 want to get married and the parents say no... screw the parents... unless they have like a VALID reason..

Guest Guest

I know someone who realy wants to get married to an Amrit Dhari Sikh, but her family isnt Amrit Dhari either nor is she yet, and is wanting to be Amrit Dhari aswel, her parents told her to w8 until she's married. But she's scared that her parents aren't going to find an Amrit Dhari Sikh for her. They might just get her married to a Monah (which she really doesnt want), what should she do?

I know someone who realy wants to get married to an Amrit Dhari Sikh, but her family isnt Amrit Dhari either nor is she yet, and is wanting to be Amrit Dhari aswel, her parents told her to w8 until she's married. But she's scared that her parents aren't going to find an Amrit Dhari Sikh for her. They might just get her married to a Monah (which she really doesnt want), what should she do?

112595[/snapback]

She shud hav faith in Guru Ji. If she is realy serious about this decision I am sure Guru Ji would give her HIS support.

112595[/snapback]

she has to take amrit before she marries the dude... and if she doesn't... and they get married... they can't DO nethin... but... i think for both their sakes she should take amrit B4 they get married... but... how does the guy feel about it?

but in my view.. they can't get married unless BOTH are amritdhari...