Amritdharis & Marriage

Guest Guest

Guest call me wa u wan

i herd if the gal/boi says that she/he will take amrit in the near future then the gal/boi (hu is non amritdhari) can marri an amritdhari n they can do stuff :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day yes the boy and girl do what to get married an the boys parents are wrong for saying no. If both the girl an boy are Amrit Dhari it should not matter about their family etc,etc.

On the other hand if they were to get married the boys parents may reject her as they alredy are an well the girls life will be more worse then if she marries someone else. I hope you get what i mean.

Guest call me wa u wan

i herd if the gal/boi says that she/he will take amrit in the near future then the gal/boi (hu is non amritdhari) can marri an amritdhari n they can do stuff

answer asap

It may cause problems in the near future if the partner isnt Amrit Dhari as wel. It is best if both partners R Amrit Dhari, but if one of them wish to becum Amrit Dhari after marriage then I dont c any problem.

Sorry but i have a question are Amrit Dhari allowed to date?

112640[/snapback]

Penji I dont realy know the full answer to this, but I'l be honest, I've seen many Amrit Dhari Sikhs goin out n dating.

Guest call me wa u wan

i herd if the gal/boi says that she/he will take amrit in the near future then the gal/boi (hu is non amritdhari) can marri an amritdhari n they can do stuff

IS DAT TRU OR FALSE

Guest Guest

An Amritdhari is ONLY allowed to marry another Amritdhari. If they marry a non Amritdhari and "do stuff" as it was termed, they have commited a Kurehat and must Pesh infront of the Panj Pyare at the next Amrit Sanchar. When an Amritdhari takes Amrit they are told they can establish marital relations with another Amritdhari ONLY; not "possibly Amritdhari soon" or "Amritdhari next week".

Amritdharis are not allowed to date. Bhai Gurdas Ji tells us, that a Gursikh should look at every Bibi who is not his wife, as his sister and mother. One of the 52 Hukams of Guru Gobind Singh Ji also say the same thing. Dating is a western concept and all of the Gurus had a arranged marriage. Kaam is the viewed by many as one of the biggest obstacles to meeting Guru Sahib.

i herd if the gal/boi says that she/he will take amrit in the near future then the gal/boi (hu is non amritdhari) can marri an amritdhari n they can do stuff  :)

112637[/snapback]

i've been told otherwise... refer to the panj pyaray.... from what i know (and this is from sum1 who was told by the panj pyaray) u can't because of jooth...