2nd Generation Sikh Fanaticism

sureal69

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

SUREAL69! Watch your mouth buddy! There could be little kids on this forum and they'll be thinking, "Hey! I should swear just like the older Sikhs!" As for this women with beards and dastaars issue.

As a woman if you think putting on a turban and growing a beard and moustache makes you equal then I am saddened by your lack of learning with respect to men and society and Sikhism.

Firstly, do you think these women slap Rogaine on their face and try to grow beards?And as for the dastaars.

Wearing a large turban on your head (women) when a simple scarf would surely suffice.

Well what about those Singhnees that believe that a dastaar is a kakkar. You want them to wear only chunnian too? What about those Chardee Kalaa Singhnees that you probably see from time to time that wear dastaars. Do you want them to wear chunnian too? Okay, if you mean that Singhnees that only wear dastaars because everybody else does or because someone forced them to a chunni would suffice and they should have the choice to choose between whether they want to wear a chunni or a dastaar but that's it that's what I mean, CHOICE! You're saying that a Singhnee who wants to wear a dastaar should just wear a chunni because it would suffice? If you're wearing a dastaar and you get full of ego because you think yourself to be better than everybody that doesn't wear a dastaar that's wrong. But saying you shouldn't wear a dastaar because it will surely distract you from Sikhi, that's just wrong! Also,

Crazy talk of a eutopian society and about giving your head to guru ji. Very violent image if you ask me.

Just a question but does this mean that you think giving your head to the Guru is crazy talk? If so then let me remind you of a little something,

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand

BANI

And Kandola, that Rehit Maryada sounds very altered. Sikhs don't believe in caste. Also, Sikhis protect the opressed and downtrodden, not just a certain group of individuals. That Rehit Maryada you found on all about sikhs is very, very Brahmodified. (Brahman Modiified)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait all this talk about worrying about appearance, uh who worries more about appearance people who keep kesh or people who cut it?

You think the guy who weras a dastar and gets harrassed at work cares about his appearance or the guy with the crew cut?

don't be such hypocrites man. people who don't care about their appearance keep kesh.

as for muslims and hindus baani i SGGS, please read that baani, you will see their message is teh same as the gurus, follow akaal purakh's hukam. The baani doesn't say anything about islam and hinduism per say, the baani says naam is above all and akaal purakh is samrath swami.

I'll try to clarify what I meant as it seems people who want to misinterpret what I have said will certainly do so.

1) Until the last few years you will admit that Sikh women did not wear turbans. I had never even heard of it until recently. It only came up after asking some uncles etc. within the last twenty years.

2) Choice regarding headwear: Look a cowboy hat covers ones head as well, you don't see me wearing one now do you. Sikhism is about covering one's head, but I am very much against women wearing turbans. Its a recent fanatical fashion trend as far as I'm concerned. Women wear scarfs or chunnis, men wear turbans. Men with beards women without. Maybe that makes me a tradionalist but thats what I meant.

3) If you choose as a woman to keep a beard and moustache and wear a turban, go right ahead. Just my opinion. But my main point being, that Sikhism was meant to be an open religion and I don't see any talk about this in any one of the chat rooms.

This whole thing about guru ji wanting peoples heads is absurd, everything is upon interpretation. What is within the guru granth sahib to me is sacred. If Guru Gobind Singh had deemed it important, he would have placed within the Guru Granth. If it ain't there, then I'm not going to bother with it. He had every opportunity to list a group of laws and conventions within our Granth Sahib. HE DID NOT. That tells you alot.

Look, I'm not out to anger anyone and I sincerly appologise for some of my language it doesn't belong here. But its just sad to see everyone so focused on hukam namas and Jatedar rehats. Yet rarely is anyone even talking about what really needs to be made clear. Gun gopal Jupo. (Praise the lord!)

Sikhism is founded on our love for humanity and each other. Sad that every id or avatar or comment is full of swords, and images of sikhs carrying swords. What is this obession with militarism?

When the time came to defend amritsar there were a handful of sikhs who laid down thier lives. Well under 200. During the height of militancy there were once agina a few hundred. All this sikh power thing is a myth, the longer we stray from Sikhisms true message the weaker we will always be.

The saint comes before the soldier. You cannot fight effectively unless you have something to fight for. If there is no underlying belief then there is no warrior.

As for sikh women with turbans, I find it unattractive, women with beards and moustaches I am repulsed by it. Its like we're becoming moslems slowly but surely. To wear facial hair for women is like a right of passabe to show how I don't care what anyone thinks and my ego. Whatever, its about looking presentable and professional.

Anyways, I know I will never get through to alot of people but I believe it was worth the effort.

Sikh women with beards and turbans is a recent phenomena not something that has been with us since the foundations of sikhism. Atleast admit that much. Yogi Haribajan from 3H0 or whatever made it popular amongst white sikhs.

I think the Akand kirtan jathas or the khalistanis made it popular amongst themselves. I know of one man who used to beat his wife until the wore a turban because she didn't want to wear one. Now how sikh is that.

Not one person has had the guts to talk about the girl who had excessive facial hair and refused to leave the house or do kirtan infront of people because of it. Remember the story posted up above?

How many sikh guys who are cheering on this new "sikh women look" would marry a girl with a nice sizeable facial fuzz. Not many I bet, yet look at them talk. Hypocrites! Lets be real here people that all I've got to say.

Dear Sureal69,

Please can use ther term Ravidass Gurdwaras when referring to the 'leather workers' caste. The word Chamar is offensive, it is a demeaning Hindu caste term. It is not your fault you use this term but a little re-education is a wonderful thing.

Jeevan

113954[/snapback]

Dear Jeevan,

Thank you for pointing out something that I may have overlooked. But I must admit I have never heard of Ravidass Gurudwara's. Where should there ever be any Ravidass Gurudwaras ? I thought that we were all sikhs?

I will not blame the Chumars for wanting to be as far away from us Jatts as possible. We are the culprits in all of these endemic problems within sikhism.

Our drinking is paramount as well as our love for the caste system.

But once again accept my apologies for saying something that has offended you and your commet was with merit.

later.

I'm interested to know - are their any Sikh women on this board who keep all their hair? Cuz I'd really love to hear what they have to say for once. I'm a Sikh girl and I don't remove my hair, but God I'm only 14 so I don't really have a problem with it yet. But I want to know if there are any really, really dedicated Kaurs out there and what they think about this, instead of hearing what's right and wrong from a whole bunch of people who haven't experienced the situation (no offence).

I'm interested to know - are their any Sikh women on this board who keep all their hair? Cuz I'd really love to hear what they have to say for once. I'm a Sikh girl and I don't remove my hair, but God I'm only 14 so I don't really have a problem with it yet. But I want to know if there are any really, really dedicated Kaurs out there and what they think about this, instead of hearing what's right and wrong from a whole bunch of people who haven't experienced the situation (no offence).

113957[/snapback]

You make a valid point Paneet, I've been shooting my mouth off for quite a while but I'm a guy. Lets hear from some of the ladies regarding the matter!