2nd Generation Sikh Fanaticism

sureal69

NO THAT CANT BE THE REHIT! no jopes that is just anti sikh in every way. i mnt he caste thing wot the chutney?!?!

this cant be Khalsa.. who follows dis :)

kandola veerji i agree with u n i seem 2 be sur[rised for ur viewpoints to be this (n also that u a monah.. i would never had gessed, n NO its not coz of dat homer pic lol)

its not only abt rehit. i min sum people jsut get twisted into rehit so much! its lyk wheres ur sikhi gone? ur better opff in an army camp if u wanta  strict discipline. this discipline should at least AID you 4 spiritual gaining idont see how the above mentioned rehit helps this..

Hope u understand this fool..

waheguruuu :doh:

113865[/snapback]

Sorry i dont understand what you mean. Because, the Khalsa is a Strict way of life. Its enjoyable but its strict hence its distinct. Also, the Khalsa is an army, the Army of God hence the reason you pick up arms at the last resort. Hence Sikhs are born Warriors. I must have got this wrong somewhere in my personal learning of Sikhi and also the Sikhi i learned in school... <_< @

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Try to experience Amrit Vela, Nit-nem, Naam Ras etc. Live in Rehat for 1 month. Give it a go. Keep your kesh, give up meat & alcohol. Wear a dastar. Sit twice daily in the Sadh Sangat. Try & understand what the term "fanatic" means, then see if you are still able to judge anyone just because they have hair on their face or don't.

GurFateh!

113830[/snapback]

n afta dat 1 month if u wake up late wont u feel bad inside.. i did :doh: lyk 2day :'( argh! 4 2 weeks i lived wid my uncle 4 2 weeks n got away form rehit n den i realised.. i looked bak wen i was at home ,with rehit it felt lyk i was on a bed of flowers (lol dats how i feel..) and i wanted 2 get bak 2 it

wen i came bak i got bak into it n im happy :) (xcept 4 waking up late 2day no.gif )

n i still need 2 take amrit!

WJKK WJKF,

if you cut ur hair u cant be a sikh... a sikh isnt something your born into, its something you become... its a way of life....

HAIR IS SO IMPORTANT IT CAN NEVER BE SACRIFICED... why did bhai taru singh give his life not his hair... so many other examples... if it was ok to cut your hair and still be a Sikh, dont you think these thousands and thousands of Sikhs would have done it... instead they gave up their life..... please dont ignore this sacrifice and say its ok to cut your hair....

if standing by the tenets of our faith and revoloving your life arond guru ji is called being a fanatic.. than fanatics are the luckiest people in the world.... it doesnt matter what others think, no one else is going to the next world with us,,, we are going alone...

Bibian with facial hair... should they take it of to impress other mortals who are gonna die some day, or should they keep their hair to follow the hukam of our guru's who were 1 with god.... I RATHER IMPRESS WAHEGURU the master of this world and the next.... impressing people in this world is just a temporary thing, it wont mean anything in the end...

Gorai and kalai in general have much more respect for a rehitdhari Sikh compared to punjabis... if you tell them about sucham they wont offer you food that they have touched first, they will let you eat it first, if you tell them you dont drink they wont offer you, if u tell them your veggie they wont bring meat near you, if you tell them you rise at amritvela they will respect you......... on the other hand punjabis willl be like your a pakhandi why cant you eat jooth, they will say just drink its all goood, they will say eeat meat where does it say not to - your being a brahman, if you wake uyp amritvela they will role their eyes and say your a fanatic...

quiet frankly screw what people think, only person we need to impress is GURU JI, no one in this world will give you anythign, all they will do is take take take...

WJKK WJKF

i was a mona and started keeping kesh...i always heard that the inside is most important..

well for the person who started this topic:

you speak of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, my friend the Gurgaddi was given to Sri Guru Granth sahib by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. SGGS is your Guru because of dasam pita. never forget that.

the importantnce of kesh was made mandatory by Dasam pita. If we want to follow SGGs, we as Sikhs have to make an effort to follow Dasam Pita's hukam. I know personally how hard it is to do this but we have to realize the importance of the 5 kakaars. Guru sahib was the 10th nanak, guru sahib blessed us with shabad Guru, the eternal Guru, I believe if we want to be called sikhs we should be sikhs of SGGs which means sikhs of sri Guru Gobind Singh.

Just because there are people who keep kesh do bad things doesn't mean that the rehit is flawed, it means the followers are. You know why I know this, because khalsa singhs sat on tati tawis, boiled alive, torn apart, wore their kids heads on garlands around their necks..rthis is why i know the rehit is not flawed. The shote sahibzaade sacrificed themselves for the Sikh rehit at ages 6 and 8..i guess in those days 6 and 8 years had more faith in sikhi than we do today.

If people lined up in the thousands to have their sees cut off rather than cut their kesh, who are we to talk of what sikhi is?

I am not a singh, i am not amritdhari, but i do know that the puran sikh is the sikh who follows Guru sahib's hukam fully and completely. I kow it is hard as monai to admit that we are incomplete sikhs, but it is the reality. We cannot claim the glory of the khalsa if we cannot accept guru sahib's eternal hukam.

fateh.

WJKK WJKF,

if you cut ur hair u cant be a sikh... a sikh isnt something your born into, its something you become... its a way of life....

HAIR IS SO IMPORTANT IT CAN NEVER BE SACRIFICED... why did bhai taru singh give his life not his hair... so many other examples... if it was ok to cut your hair and still be a Sikh, dont you think these thousands and thousands of Sikhs would have done it... instead they gave up their life..... please dont ignore this sacrifice and say its ok to cut your hair....

if standing by the tenets of our faith and revoloving your life arond guru ji is called being a fanatic.. than fanatics are the luckiest people in the world.... it doesnt matter what others think, no one else is going to the next world with us,,, we are going alone...

Bibian with facial hair... should they take it of to impress other mortals who are gonna die some day, or should they keep their hair to follow the hukam of our guru's who were 1 with god.... I RATHER IMPRESS WAHEGURU the master of this world and the next.... impressing people in this world is just a temporary thing, it wont mean anything in the end...

Gorai and kalai in general have much more respect for a rehitdhari Sikh compared to punjabis... if you tell them about sucham they wont offer you food that they have touched first, they will let you eat it first, if you tell them you dont drink they wont offer you, if u tell them your veggie they wont bring meat near you, if you tell them you rise at amritvela they will respect you......... on the other hand punjabis willl be like your a pakhandi why cant you eat jooth, they will say just drink its all goood, they will say eeat meat where does it say not to - your being a brahman, if you wake uyp amritvela they will role their eyes and say your a fanatic...

quiet frankly screw what people think, only person we need to impress is GURU JI, no one in this world will give you anythign, all they will do is take take take...

WJKK WJKF

:)

NO THAT CANT BE THE REHIT!

thats from i think bhai desa singh, bhai chaupa singh and i dont know who else, and that is why i ask who are these people? any historic info on them?

alot have asked me "kandola, you rant on and say this guy is fanatic, this guy is militant, what does militant/fanatic mean to you"

i define fanatic as this, one who makes people do what they want them to do, and back their claims with religion, and even distort it to make their point clear, people that give the impression sikhi (or dharam) is all about appearence, influencing others to go against other peopls wishes. thats fanatic. a person that takes something to the extreme, seriously how do you guys aim to do this mass parchaar acting like this? it really frightens me. my example of fanatic is the fanaticical yusuf who tried to invade christian spain with a fleet of ships from morocco, he was stopped by el cid. yet in history, he became known as the fanatical yusuf.

i think alot of people are acting like the fanatical yusuf, and thats sad to see.

please someone, give me a quote from SGGS saying that appearence is very important.

i agree its important, but more important than being pure on the inside?

militant, a guy who defies people, but not someone like luther king, but an agreessive person, mainly these people use religion to back themselves up. example, osama bin laden.

that sangato, we have seen many times on this site

anyway, i say its ideal for this surreal guy to come back before we should post again.

gustaphi maaf