Legality

GReat question! But isn't this the same as asking "If you aren't a graduate, and are trying to learn to learn in school what is the legal status?" Because graduates are students no? same here, Being a full SIkh is like graduating, and trying to get to that perfection is learning. learner = sikh. therefore, i think the ansa is sikh. But Guru ji has defined what a SIkh is.. so :) back to your question!! lol damn i AM confusing huna?! blush.gif

I think this a pointless post, dont you? no.gif ima stupid fool sowie!!

If the only way to be a true Sikh is to practice and abide by all that is written in the Sikh Rehet Maryada, then, legally, what term can be used to describe the religion of a man or a woman who is trying to acheive the true title of a Sikh, as recognized by the Khalsa Panth?

113928[/snapback]

If you consider the definition of a sikh then the very suggestion that you are learning or seeking defines you as a Sikh. The Sikh Rehat Maryada goes further than the definition and redefines it to the established religious ceremony which grants you the official title of a Sikh by the Panj Piyaray or the Religious Body (Akal Thakat).

In my opinion It is a matter of yoru Personal Journey, your Personal seeking that defines you as a Sikh. Taking Amrit can certainly give you the title in the eyes of others and perhaps your self satisfaction that now you are a Sikh of a Guru, but internally you still must establish yourself as a Sikh and that is the state which defines you as a Sikh. The relationship between the Master from whom you are seeking and the Deciple the one who is seeking is not only in the initiation into the disciplehood, rather it is in the heart to heart relationship. Your outer Initiation means nothing without the internal bond, the internal relationship between your master. You can take Amrit 100 of times and if you think that solely will be enough to establish the relationship, one is dearly mistaken. The Truth is if Love is there in every pore of your body, in my honest opinion, you have already taken Amrit. You have alredy been initiated by the Guru. For the Guru excepts no other gift but that of Love.

how do u express that love?

u show it through naam, gurbanee, and taking amrit

y do u think i took amrit

y do people take amrit

out of pyaar for guru je

the ulimtate step

to give rueself to guru je

we can make OUR theriours

which is MAN da math

or we can follow GURU JEs math

gurmath

or manmath?one workin to amrit is a sehajdharee sikh