Wedding Plans Changed With Kirpa

msjskb

I am sooo happy today.

My cousin was getting married on 21st August and it was all booked up for a hotel. I found out and spoke to my cousin and he understood and realised he was going to make a mistake by taking Guru Granth Sahib Ji into a hotel.

He then proceeded to talk to his parents to change the plans, but they were not having any of it, they had decided to do the wedding in a hotel and that was the end of it. My cousin gave in and didn't take my calls for a few days in shame.

I then went round to his house and spoke to him, he told me his parents were not going to listen to us. I then decided to speak to his parents. They told me they respected Guru Ji just as much as me, my cousin and everybody else, they said it is better to take Guru Ji to a hotel because it is a much nicer place to do a wedding than a Gurdwara. 'The hotel is much more lush than a Gurdwara'......it will cost money to change the venue now.'

My blood was boiling but i knew getting into a argument was not going to get me anywhere. My cousin started to shout at them. They could not see the problem, afterall the rest of the family are happy. 'The guests will be put out if we change plans now.'

A few days later they read something in one of these newspapers and asked me about these people who stop weddings. I told them the situation. Suddenly they started to see the problem.

Now 1 week to go and all has been changed. Guru Ji used a combination of my cousin, and the campaign to avert this beadbi. The wedding is now booked for a Gurdwara, and the party in the hotel.

Oh that's a wonderful news brother. you handle a suitation with sehaj ..great work.

Fanatics should learn from this singh who don't even try to negotiate or try to explain to the misguided people what Guru Sahib is but find it ok to send death threats and everything along with it.

:T:

Oh that's a wonderful news brother. you handle a suitation with sehaj ..great work.

Fanatics should learn from this singh who don't even try to negotiate or try to explain to the misguided people what Guru Sahib is but find it ok to send death threats and everything along with it.

114249[/snapback]

Whos the fanatic and who makes the death threats?? Care to explain?? i have not heard of this before??

114249[/snapback]

Whos the fanatic and who makes the death threats?? Care to explain?? i have not heard of this before??

114268[/snapback]

It was on tapoban few weeks ago. stupid sikh wanna be kids screw the image of sikhs all the time. But we insteading of cleaning our own house, blame the media for everything.

114249[/snapback]

114268[/snapback]

It was on tapoban few weeks ago. stupid sikh wanna be kids screw the image of sikhs all the time. But we insteading of cleaning our own house, blame the media for everything.

114269[/snapback]

K but what actually makes proof of this?? Tapoban is an anonymous therefore any <banned word filter activated> can post on there saying what ever they want!!!!

Besides, just for the sake of tarnishing the campaign, one can easily write a stupid letter on a pc and print it off. Theres no actual proof if you get me? Just people trying to wind up and make the campaign n the proper sevadars (the ones who actually do the seva, even if they cnt make the day, make the efforts to support the information etc) look bad just as the papers manage too!!! e.g. "Sikhs were waving Kirpans outside Lakeside" Yet no1 seemed to remember the fact police were present at the time n no1 was arrested so its not possible that could have happened!!!

PS, i think its great the wedding was cancelled! Best bday present im having! Waking up on the sunday and be like! "Today, my Guru is gona be at home chilling, not be in a hotel where he doesnt wona be havnig beadbi done!"

WJKK WJKF

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

If anyone still believes the immature allegations made against the Campaign about waving Kirpans and Guns then please speak directly to Frimley Green Police Station in Surrey about the events of 31 Jul 05 at the Lakeside Country Club.

Do you really think that the Surrey Police Force would have allowed a protest for almost 5 hours if Sikhs were attacking wedding guests with 3-foot sri sahibs as per what has been said in Des Pardes & Punjab Radio!!

And then Campaigners ALLEGEDLLY (again from Des Pardes & Punjab Radio) walked into Mangat Hall Gurdwara waving Sri Sahibs whilst a Police Van with a CCTV camera was outside the premises filming the whole thing.......!? Come On Guys...

And now every little thing that happens in Southall is being blamed on the Campaign......

The families have been approached personally by members of the UK sangat. The families have names and addresses of the Campaigners (and some families even personally know the Campaigners), as do the Thames Valley, Metropolitan and Surrey Police forces. Do you think that individuals from the Campaign would be allowed to make death threats and get away with it!!

Think logically. We live in Britain and the British Police Force would not allow any protests if they felt threatened by the behaviour of the Campaigners.

GurFateh!

114249[/snapback]

114268[/snapback]

114269[/snapback]

K but what actually makes proof of this?? Tapoban is an anonymous therefore any <banned word filter activated> can post on there saying what ever they want!!!!

Besides, just for the sake of tarnishing the campaign, one can easily write a stupid letter on a pc and print it off. Theres no actual proof if you get me? Just people trying to wind up and make the campaign n the proper sevadars (the ones who actually do the seva, even if they cnt make the day, make the efforts to support the information etc) look bad just as the papers manage too!!! e.g. "Sikhs were waving Kirpans outside Lakeside" Yet no1 seemed to remember the fact police were present at the time n no1 was arrested so its not possible that could have happened!!!

PS, i think its great the wedding was cancelled! Best bday present im having! Waking up on the sunday and be like! "Today, my Guru is gona be at home chilling, not be in a hotel where he doesnt wona be havnig beadbi done!"

WJKK WJKF

114271[/snapback]

All-info may you should read between the lines of my post. I was not dismissing campaign for their great work. I think they are really chardi-kalah. However, as i said on tapoban there were few people loosing their anger and restorting to death threats and violence without even trying to negoitate the whole suitation.

This type of attitude we and campaign must be condemn otherwise people will start beleiving those holligans are part of the campaign when in fact they are not.