Suicide

Guest Guest

there's only 4 kuraihts in sikhism and attempted suicide does not count as one of them. i strongly doubt that someone needs to retake amrit just because they attempted suicide....if they need anything, support and help from trusted loved ones or professional folks is more important.

But does overdose not count as intoxicants? or am i totally confused lol

ahhh so you were referring to overdose as a possible kuraiht??sorryz, this is what 10 hours of straight nonstop work at uni does to me...i get mixed up. tongue.gif

hmm now that's debatable...for some, if you overdose on panadols and get your stomach pumped for it, that's not a kuraiht 'cos panadols aren't banned drugs unlike heroin and the like. i am not exactly sure if it counts as a kuraiht...perhaps someone with more knowledge could enlighten 'cos my brain has turned to mush for now. heehee. tongue.gif

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think comminting suicide is a paap, because this person is trying to go against Gods will- although they wont be able to die even if they try unless God accepts and thats Gods will. N commiting Suicide wont ease no pain because this person will be reborn again which will mean longer to go to Sach Kand.

ive felt like commiting suicide a few times. when i was younger and not "in" to Sikhi, it was down to jus how family life was and the situation we had. Nowadays, these reasons have changed. . .

I am keen and long to die ... kabeer, mohe marne ka chao hai... n let me die at the Gurus door ... marao ta har ke dhuaar. - Bhagat Kabeer Jee.

sometimes i just wanna end all this. end all the pain and suffering i feel in this life. this life will end when we die. And, as humans do, we look for an easy way to everything. Therefore, yes, suicide is an optional and easy way out of this life. But u have to realise, its not the best.

I LONG TO DIE... but i know i cant kill myself. I have to ask for such a boon. And if it is granted, Guru Jee will grant it at the time he sees fit for me. Alas, i find myself everyday saying "Maharaj, help me be worthy of being yours. I want to sleep to awake in Your Sach Khand..."

ive felt like commiting suicide a few times. when i was younger and not "in" to Sikhi, it was down to jus how family life was and the situation we had. Nowadays, these reasons have changed. . .

I am keen and long to die ... kabeer, mohe marne ka chao hai... n let me die at the Gurus door ... marao ta har ke dhuaar. - Bhagat Kabeer Jee.

sometimes i just wanna end all this. end all the pain and suffering i feel in this life. this life will end when we die. And, as humans do, we look for an easy way to everything. Therefore, yes, suicide is an optional and easy way out of this life. But u have to realise, its not the best.

I LONG TO DIE... but i know i cant kill myself. I have to ask for such a boon. And if it is granted, Guru Jee will grant it at the time he sees fit for me. Alas, i find myself everyday saying "Maharaj, help me be worthy of being yours. I want to sleep to awake in Your Sach Khand..."

Omv...i don't know what to say to that....I thought I was the only one crazy enough to be doing ardaas everyday to die! Thank u for sharing that Bhaji...its nice to knw that im not alone.....

I am not sure if the sangat can answer this one but here is a situation then someone amritdhari is going through.

This person has a lot of pyar for and faith in God and leaves everything to Waheguru believing that whatever is God's hukam this person will accept.

So this person follows the hukamnamas for a particluar situation, this person even has dreams of sants encouraging this person to do something and then this person does that-blindly, because they thought it was God's hukam.

But the thing they believed to be Waheguru Ji's hukam does not succeed, if anything this person is left confused,completely comfused because they agreed to do something ONLY because they believed it to be Waheguru Ji's hukam.

So they still love God but this person cannot trust God anymore.

If the point of our human life is to worship God but one has seen sonthing postitive from this and cannot go on praying to God because s/he did but it changed nothing, what should they do?

Committing suicide maybe wrong but is this life not completely useless if they see no point to it? Afterall, they are wasting each day with no goal to achieve apart from wealth and that is pf no use whatsoever but this person does not pray because s/he cannot. It would be like a meaningless ritual as this person would have no faith. Wouldn't it be better to commit suicide and be born again regardless of the pain they suffer, because in the next life they can hope they will not lose faith in God which certainly cannot be regained in this life?

No one is planning to commit suicide though but my question is that do they have any other option?

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think comminting suicide is a paap, because this person is trying to go against Gods will- although they wont be able to die even if they try unless God accepts and thats Gods will. N commiting Suicide wont ease no pain because this person will be reborn again which will mean longer to go to Sach Kand.

117283[/snapback]

Yeah I think too...... well i was thinking i heared it is Kurehat & against Rehat Marayada because i believe Sikh need to ber strong, brave to fight for his right not just say nothing gona happen and suicide.

WJKK, WJKF!!