Sikh Student Camp Was Brilliant

fittestjatti

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nihang is just a soldier? I thought the Khalsa was supposed to be a Sant Sipahi. Oh yeah there are always exceptions, having debated UK Nihangism with them before it's always a make it up as we go on type of cult. Previously it was that only Nihangs gave 'true' Amrit, then it was Nirmalas can give Amrit as well and finally the Damdami Taksal can give Amrit as well. Then there were only 4 Sampardhayas and then 5 to include Damdami Taksal and then back to 4 again! So and so person in history was a Nihang..oh wait actually he was also a scholar so that makes him a Nirmala.. ok then he must have been a Nihang and a Nirmala..lol All 4 Sampardhayas get on with each other only AKJ, SGPC, DDT Sikhs are haters and fanatics..oh wait didn't the Nihangs at one time massacre Nirmalas at Hazur Sahib!!

r u jus <Edited> of that some harrased u at one of the talks

we wont mention names

118740[/snapback]

Harrassed? Oh you mean that gora whose Sikhi is at such a high level that he couldn't take criticism of his 'learning' and had to resort to swearing and saying in a silly accent 'You're not even a Sikh!' I think the other thing he couldn't handle was someone posting his photo on this forum. Nah that was the funniest lecture I had been to. Too bad that the lecturer could only read from a well prepared script and was unable to answer any probing questions. All in all it was a good Thursday Night LOL.gif

One question, why hasn't that lectures and the Q&A sessions been put online, it's been nearly a year now and the organisers said it was going to be put online soon after.

WJKK

WJKF

Bikramjit Veer I am offended that you are referring to a Sikh by color

Oh you mean that gora whose Sikhi is at such a high level that he couldn't take criticism of his 'learning' and had to resort to swearing and saying in a silly accent 'You're not even a Sikh!'

118762[/snapback]

As for the Singh who question the FittestJatti in the manner that you did, Live And Let Live!

We are all brothers and sisters here

WJKK

WJKF

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Another observer points out the happennings at the camp::

check http://tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=52785&t=52785

a permanent stop is needed on this modern day nangs whose up for the challange of suggesstions for them to stop doing manmat parchar and making a real joke out of sikhe.

Author: Singhni

Date: 09-14-05 11:50

1/ Some of the boys told me that in the room where the Nihang Singhs were sleeping, they had prepared a bed for Guru Gobind Singh Ji!? Apparently my friends said that the Nihang Singhs said that the bed (which they said was an air bed with a blanket on it, placed on a bunch of school tables put together) was for Guru Gobind Singh Ji to sleep on at night. My cuz saw it as well. He said that there were too small nishaan sahibs on each end of the air bed. My cuz said that a group of boys went to see "Guru Ji's bed" after some Nihangs told them about it.

2/ Cookies and Milk (not kidding!) were placed next to "Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bed" (aka the air bed placed on a few tables). When my cuzin asked who the milk and cookies were for, the Nihang Singh Paji said that it was for Guru ji to eat and drink.

3/ On Tuesday the Nishan Sahib was changed and replaced. it was a really good experience. doing nishan sahib di sewa for the first time was really chardikala. however i was suprised and bit disturbed (the least!) by:

(i) bob singh paji said that the nishan sahib sewa that we were going to do at the camp was the 'proper' and 'traditional' way of doing it, whereas in the Gurdwaras etc we practice "Christian-fied version of the ceremony." i didn't get what he meant about gurdware being 'christian-fied'.

(ii) balkar singh paji and another paji cut their arms with a kirpan and then smudged blood on the nishan sahib. i noticed when i looked at the khanda and saw a long blood stain on it. i asked my friend what it was and she said it was blood. bit scary! and disturbin. i know emotions were flying high and people were getting into the spirit, but blood and smudging it and waving the kirpan in the air and keeping shouting on the top of their voice was bit too much for me.

4/ i have been brought up by my family that when we go to the gurdwara we shouldn't clap. instead i was taught that we should say 'bole so nihal, sat sri akal' to show joy or to appreciate kirtan, lecture, talk or something. but at the camp bhai sahib from malaysia who was really nice, said that clapping was okay in the gurdwara as long it was graceful. it seemed totally new to what i was taught at my local gurdwara.

5/ I dont want to disrespect nihung singhs or guru gobind singh ji's sikhs, but i found the nihang singhs bit aggressive and intimidating. i overheard swearing and especially at the camp fire i was disappointed to hear paji balkar singh, who before then i thought was a sweet gursikh, swore and said "everyone f*ckin shut up" when he is about to do a talk at the camp fire. it really threw me and my friends, but most people laughed it off.

6/ a singh came over to talk to the girls group. he implied something which i and the other penjis werent comfortable with. he suggested that guru gobind singh ji is good looking person, and the beauty of guru ji is in the singhs who were bana. i weren't liking where the talking was leading. he was implying stuff that we women are attracted to the guru and so were are attracted to singhs. i dunno whether i am the one in wrong. but thinking of guru ji in illicit terms or sexual way seems disrespectful and way out of the league for someone who was brought up to respect guruji.

7/ i had bit of a headache from everyone shouting 'akal' 'akal' 'akal'. i know we do bole so nihal, sat sri akal in the gurdwara and on special functions but everyone kept saying it for no reason, which was very annoying. saying 'akal' and saying 'bole so nihal, sat sri akal' became bit of a joke and a laugh. which is bit sad.

i am sorry to depress everyone with my negativity. me and my cuzin enjoyed the camp. but we were overthrown some of the above stuff. i loved sukha singh paji explaining the hukamnamas and the kirtan was really inspiring.

does anyone else have thoughts to share. perhaps anyone who went to the camp? sorry if i said anything wrong or offensive.